CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not looking to have any DNA deposited on my back. 

Is the chest better?

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Is the chest better?

Gross

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Is the chest better?

Maybe for you. :)

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe for you. :)

Sshhhhhhh....

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not looking to have any DNA deposited on my back. 

That’s NOT what she said. 

Seriously you guys need to get a life. How in the world is this related to jerseys? 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Seriously you guys need to get a life. How in the world is this related to jerseys? 

That’s what she said, Dr.Dork. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Worst kept secret ever.

At least customizing the jersey should be easier... nameplate appears to be air knit rather than zero material

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/02/10/leafs-are-ready-aye-ready-for-stadium-series-unveil-uniform/

I like it. I know it's a different country and sport and everything but it's reminiscent of what the Midshipmen have used for the Army-Navy game in certain years.

45 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

At least customizing the jersey should be easier... nameplate appears to be air knit rather than zero material

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/02/10/leafs-are-ready-aye-ready-for-stadium-series-unveil-uniform/

The jersey in the picture is a retail Indo, not a Canadian on-ice model.  I wouldn’t go off the pic.

Just needed to mention you can see how poorly PX customized the Devils jerseys on TV. Loose threads everywhere, things that are crooked.just awful. 

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Just needed to mention you can see how poorly PX customized the Devils jerseys on TV. Loose threads everywhere, things that are crooked.just awful. 

I still think that is odd. I’ve found PX to be shockingly consistent and high quality compared to other customizers. Maybe they were a little rushed this season. 

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I still think that is odd. I’ve found PX to be shockingly consistent and high quality compared to other customizers. Maybe they were a little rushed this season. 

You saw the GI I got with the detached nameplate with the crooked letters, right? Both taken before I started stripping it. And look at all the loose white threads, on a jersey that was never worn. 

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

40067777201_1c513bf050_b.jpg

There's also a lot of uneven stitching throughout the name, look how sloppily the white part is stitched:

25836512788_97db507369_b.jpg

39708486381_f27145c4d7_b.jpg

I am hoping they didn't do Eddie Lack's gamer when he was called up, but the numbers on the left sleeve look like they were sewn on by an 8 year old. And an American 8 year old, not one of those foreign factory 8 year olds who knows how to sew. The 3 and 1 are not even lined up top to bottom, the 1 is higher than the 3. Hard to tell because he's crouched and his arm is bent, but you can see it on this image. And it's not because he is crouched and his arm is bent, it was easily visible last night when he was standing straight as well. 

Eddie-Lack-Devils.jpg?resize=575%2C384&s

That stuff wasn't happening on EPS's watch. 

Yeah PX is not doing the Devils jerseys well.  Here is a Johansson gamer I have where because they cut the plate too closely to the letters and due to poor alignment of the lettering the stitching from the plate is going into the top of the letters (the J).

Edited by Devilsguy

And there are plenty of examples on the nameplates where the sewing is crooked/sloppy.

48 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

And there are plenty of examples on the nameplates where the sewing is crooked/sloppy.

Did you notice Lack's left sleeve? 

The thing about the Devils that bugs me the most is the Niedermeyer banner. That wrong font is just so irritating and inexcusable.

27 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

The thing about the Devils that bugs me the most is the Niedermeyer banner. That wrong font is just so irritating and inexcusable.

Are you talking about the 4 in "2004", or the font of the "27" being wrong? I agree the 27 should match the uniform numbers. But that "4" is pathetic, its embarrassing that they would even hang that up. Why not just draw it in with a sharpie?

maxresdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are you talking about the 4 in "2004", or the font of the "27" being wrong? I agree the 27 should match the uniform numbers. But that "4" is pathetic, its embarrassing that they would even hang that up. Why not just draw it in with a sharpie?

maxresdefault.jpg

The R's are also off.  Compare to the correct font in Brodeur's banner.

41 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

That Niedermayer banner isn't the only one that is incorrect. The 1987-88 Patrick Division Playoff Champions banner is trimmed in black/red instead of green/red. Lou changed it. It's time new ownership changed it back already.

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

The R's are also off.  Compare to the correct font in Brodeur's banner.

True. That also isn't as bothersome to me as that 4. At least it looks like it was on purpose, even if it doesn't match the jersey. 

I am always so distracted by the 27 that I never even noticed the 4,  but that is horrific. Just fix it for @#$& sake.