CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

I am always so distracted by the 27 that I never even noticed the 4,  but that is horrific. Just fix it for @#$& sake.

At least the 27 could pass as correct to someone who doesn't know any better. Nobody could look at that 2004 and think it was done correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You saw the GI I got with the detached nameplate with the crooked letters, right? Both taken before I started stripping it. And look at all the loose white threads, on a jersey that was never worn. 

 

Yep, I saw it.  I just meant that I thought it was odd that all of a sudden they're cranking out shoddy work when they've been pretty good in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yep, I saw it.  I just meant that I thought it was odd that all of a sudden they're cranking out shoddy work when they've been pretty good in the past.

Maybe a change in personnel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe a change in personnel. 

They have the trainees working on the Devils jerseys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallelujah, they replaced the Niedermeyer banner!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 11:47 PM, artificialintuition said:

pic, please?

Edit: Not my photo.

 

Edited by Devilsguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lhg39 said:

Hallelujah, they replaced the Niedermeyer banner!

 

About time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

One banner fixed, one to go. Progress!

?

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

?

I think she was talking about the Patrick Division banner that is red/black instead of red/green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I think she was talking about the Patrick Division banner that is red/black instead of red/green.

thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2018 at 11:41 PM, jsh139 said:

I think she was talking about the Patrick Division banner that is red/black instead of red/green.

that will never be fixed.........

what about the banners in Vancouver.... they got naslund and bure  banners in blue and green and they never played in those colors , that is worse imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

zIi6Jq1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Yes.

zIi6Jq1.jpg

Lie. If so they would have changed them dozens of times since 1992.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

was there ever an explanation given for why the devils changed their jerseys this season? 

Yes. They wanted to have a uniform that honors the heritage of the franchise's past and move progressively forward with some performance design or something like that. The Devils press release explained they borrowed elements from the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies, but it's a guarantee no one said  "i see the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies in the uniform design!" until the Devils press release told them. 99% of Devils fans probably never heard of the Newark Bulldogs even though they passed by a jersey hanging inside the arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yes. They wanted to have a uniform that honors the heritage of the franchise's past and move progressively forward with some performance design or something like that. The Devils press release explained they borrowed elements from the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies, but it's a guarantee no one said  "i see the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies in the uniform design!" until the Devils press release told them. 99% of Devils fans probably never heard of the Newark Bulldogs even though they passed by a jersey hanging inside the arena.

Personally, I think they just wanted to do a re-design and the whole “heritage” story was made up after the fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

Personally, I think they just wanted to do a re-design and the whole “heritage” story was made up after the fact. 

 Yeah, i think the team trying to tie in that story only served to annoy people more. It was like they were trying to sell you something that really isn't there that no one on the planet other then the team would ever have related it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never one of the people who was appalled by the re-design, but I’m completely beyond it now. Something I really like about the new ones, they look sleeker but still in a vintage hockey sweater kind of way. They left the logo alone and didn’t make them look like they should be worn for BMX or on a NASA mission. I couldn’t ask for a much better result from a re-design. 

I find the white one especially nice. If only I could actually buy one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

that will never be fixed.........

what about the banners in Vancouver.... they got naslund and bure  banners in blue and green and they never played in those colors , that is worse imo

You mean Smyl and Bure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yes. They wanted to have a uniform that honors the heritage of the franchise's past and move progressively forward with some performance design or something like that. The Devils press release explained they borrowed elements from the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies, but it's a guarantee no one said  "i see the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies in the uniform design!" until the Devils press release told them. 99% of Devils fans probably never heard of the Newark Bulldogs even though they passed by a jersey hanging inside the arena.

Thank for the info

 

So a NHL team are honored by and look up to minor league teams?  So much that they changed their uniform to look like them.

HOW PROGRESSIVE.

#MinorTeamsMatter

such bull......:rolleyes:

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now