Jump to content
CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, tomtucker said:

was there ever an explanation given for why the devils changed their jerseys this season? 

Exactly, more evidence the story was made up later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-11 at 9:41 AM, tomtucker said:

that will never be fixed.........

what about the banners in Vancouver.... they got naslund and bure  banners in blue and green and they never played in those colors , that is worse imo

The Bure banner in the current colours bugs me every single time I look up at it. Honestly, that’s such a Vancouver move. 

Edited by TheMadHat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheMadHat said:

The Bure banner in the current colours bugs me every single time I look up at it. Honestly, that’s such a Vancouver move. 

during the ceremony bure himself looked a little strange, bet he was displeased ..... bad move by the canucks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the San Jose Shark swhite warmup jerseys a couple of nights ago.  Pure hockey jersey p***. 

DZEtG2yVwAELyKz.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that supposed to be a sort of stylized SJ under the shark in the logo a la the Devils with NJ in their logo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks more like just an “S” for Sharks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Looks more like just an “S” for Sharks. 

I can see where you can argue it represents a J, but I think that’s a stretch. Pretty much just an S. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one I just found out about was the H within the Whalers logo.  I never really caught it or looked for it before until recently it was brought to my attention.

Edited by JJM4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Another one I just found out about was the H within the Whalers logo.  I never really caught it or looked for it before until I recently it was brought to my attention.

That one and the "mb" in the Brewers logo escaped me until recently.

milwaukee-brewers-throwback-logo-patch_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t realize there was a skate in the vintage Canucks logo for longer than I care to admit.

Of course, back then there was no internet and I saw it like once or twice a year at most. But still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my Lord....what exactly did you think it was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a circle with the word Canucks through it. Somewhere around 1993-94 I figured it out. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say the Eagle faces left because the silver feathers form an “E”. I feel like it wasn’t intentional, but who knows.

 

philadelphia-eagles-logo-018F9784F0-seek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the sharks dropped their original logo and shoulder patches, they have been using cartoon logos. 

 

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the devils letter font is different this season from last year. 

 

which customizer did they use last year? and does anyone know why they changed?

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

So the devils letter font is different this season from last year. 

 

which customizer did they use last year? and does anyone know why they changed?

I believe they went from EPS to Philly Express? I'm sure someone will confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I believe they went from EPS to Philly Express? I'm sure someone will confirm.

Thank you..... and EPS is the company that is incredibly slow right?  seems to remember members here on the forum  waiting a long time for their jerseys to come back to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

I believe they went from EPS to Philly Express? I'm sure someone will confirm.

Confirmed. Font is slightly different and numbers are slightly smaller. EPS is doing a great job of replicating it. 

I don’t know why they switched. I think PX does not such a great job and EPS is always on point, so it wasn’t quality. Maybe the cost, maybe the closer proximity. 

EPS is notoriously slow with collector orders but not with team’s orders. I have stuff there since mid-November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid-November?  Wow, that’s even slower than usual.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Confirmed. Font is slightly different and numbers are slightly smaller. EPS is doing a great job of replicating it. 

I don’t know why they switched. I think PX does not such a great job and EPS is always on point, so it wasn’t quality. Maybe the cost, maybe the closer proximity. 

EPS is notoriously slow with collector orders but not with team’s orders. I have stuff there since mid-November. 

I finally sent them my retro Devils 2.0 on Friday. I guess I’ll see it sometime by 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LAK74 said:

Mid-November?  Wow, that’s even slower than usual.  :(

Yup. Two orders sent in separately the same week, one came back 3 weeks ago, the other is still waiting. 

I sent the orders separately in case I wanted to pay for them separately to ease the burden, different payment source, etc. Looks like I accomplished that. 

I don’t have high hopes for getting the stuff I sent in January anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

I finally sent them my retro Devils 2.0 on Friday. I guess I’ll see it sometime by 2020. 

Something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I finally sent them my retro Devils 2.0 on Friday. I guess I’ll see it sometime by 2020. 

Doing up a random LaBarbera? Because if not, that's a waste of a jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×