Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

Recommended Posts

They don't even look like hockey jerseys.  They look like long-sleeved t-shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

They don't even look like hockey jerseys.  They look like long-sleeved t-shirts.

That’s what people are saying about the Devils’ new style, which if true, means that the Olympic ones do look like jerseys. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Double J said:

Thank the hockey jersey gods I've found this forum. Nice to read some common complaints! haha

You'll realize your error once you spend all your time wondering if things are "accurate" and then you spend all of your money on jerseys you probably wouldn't have bought before finding this forum!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are so bad they make me not even want to watch the games lol.

Just because the games are in China doesn't mean they needed to let the counterfeiters make the jerseys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You'll realize your error once you spend all your time wondering if things are "accurate" and then you spend all of your money on jerseys you probably wouldn't have bought before finding this forum!!

haha. trust me, I already do all of those things. eg.buying 2 sizes in Edge 2.0 Oilers 3rd/home because I gained weight, obsessing over the huge sleeves...hiding stuff from the gf...Do I fit in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Double J said:

haha. trust me, I already do all of those things. eg.buying 2 sizes in Edge 2.0 Oilers 3rd/home because I gained weight, obsessing over the huge sleeves...hiding stuff from the gf...Do I fit in?

Other than the fact that you needed to qualify why you bought two identical jerseys with an excuse, yup, you'll fit right in. 

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Other than the fact that you needed to qualify why you bought two identical jerseys with an excuse, yup, you'll fit right in. 

:) 

did I mention that they were on "sale"? haha.Say no to MSRP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Double J said:

did I mention that they were on "sale"? haha.Say no to MSRP!

Well obviously...I can say I have not paid full MSRP on a jersey since the internet was invented. Came close a couple times but always wound up getting at least a slight discount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Well obviously...I can say I have not paid full MSRP on a jersey since the internet was invented. Came close a couple times but always wound up getting at least a slight discount. 

I loved the days when the NHL would change jersey companies and the store I worked at would get the old on ice jerseys for dirt cheap. like $35 CDN which back then was probably $20 USD or less.I still kick myself for selling my Penguins home white.Now I have to settle for employee pricing on Indo-zeros. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Double J said:

haha. trust me, I already do all of those things. eg.buying 2 sizes in Edge 2.0 Oilers 3rd/home because I gained weight, obsessing over the huge sleeves...hiding stuff from the gf...Do I fit in?

I suspect you'll enjoy this thread right here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

I suspect you'll enjoy this thread right here:

 

Not sure why it took me so long to get on here haha. As if sneakers weren't a bad enough thing for me to collect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to get a job with Nike. I'll be able to just take a dump in a box, mark it guaranteed and make a buttload of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

USA's for comparison

 

23130754_10155893194856055_6480384482230

I don't mind the Canada crest but the arm detailing on both screams cheesy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are just terrible. At least I won’t be tempted to buy one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

I don't get it. Frank Serravelli said that the USA sleeves were designed based off of Eagle's wings. What's Canada's excuse?

I’ll add, the USA look stupid even if that was the idea. I don’t want a jersey with eagle wings for arms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind the eagle's wings if Jesus had them and was on stage singing lead for Skynyrd with an angel band. But, I'd have to be HAMMERED drunk in the front row to really appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I wouldn't mind the eagle's wings if Jesus had them and was on stage singing lead for Skynyrd with an angel band. But, I'd have to be HAMMERED drunk in the front row to really appreciate it.

Shake n Bake bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I wouldn't mind the eagle's wings if Jesus had them and was on stage singing lead for Skynyrd with an angel band. But, I'd have to be HAMMERED drunk in the front row to really appreciate it.

And just like that, the USA Olympic jersey became known as the “Free Bird”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And just like that, the USA Olympic jersey became known as the “Free Bird”. 

...because Foxworthy 3:16 says so! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll add, the USA look stupid even if that was the idea. I don’t want a jersey with eagle wings for arms. 

USA hockey always looks stoopid at the Olympics :fight:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...