Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

By now, we've all seen the photos, however, I'm here in Vegas and got right up to the jersey. Only problem, my phone died.

In short, the body and sleeves are all a new air-knit material.  There's a pattern to it, however, no holes like the air-knit used on the previous EDGE 2.0. I think the durability on these panels is going to be just fine.

On the shoulders, I don't even know how to describe the material. It is embossed, doubleknit type but softer, felt like it was padded or the was some type of lamination on the backside. I honestly couldn't tell.

The mesh used is going to be fine for what they're trying to accomplish via venting. Wouldn't surprise me if adidas sublimates the mesh panels, especially on the grey.

Cost wise, here's what Vegas is doing and I've been told they're "authentic, Made in Canada". Not sure who is doing the "custom retail" decoration...

What is the price of the official jersey?

Prices are $200 for a non-customized jersey and $265 for a customized jersey (before tax).

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully the rest of the teams get the made in Canadas too, if Vegas is indeed selling them

I wonder how much of the Reebok construction has carried over?  For instance, the Flyers Edge jersey doesn't just have double shoulder material.  The whole white area of the shoulder/arm is double-layer Air-Knit.

A5rlDJ4.jpg

The video posted by Broad Street Hockey shows that the Flyers now have double shoulder construction like the rest of the league.

My God, fingers crossed that this ends up being true across the board and that we get authentics at that price.

54 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

The video posted by Broad Street Hockey shows that the Flyers now have double shoulder construction like the rest of the league.

My God, fingers crossed that this ends up being true across the board and that we get authentics at that price.

That's a bummer.

@JunkyardAthletic Did you notice if all teams had the perforated numbers or not?

When Atlanta moved to Winnipeg, Reebok made retail 2.0's for the Jets but Indos for the other teams.  Perhaps a similar situation here?  Of course I'd love it if all teams got Canadian-made retail authentics, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Not to crap all over the excitement, but the wording on this page doesn't have me hopeful this is the case: https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/when-where-and-how-to-buy-a-golden-knights-jersey/c-290042660

"When will my jersey arrive?

Jerseys are being produced overseas and the delivery window, which is subject to change, has been targeted for September 15-30th."

Canada isn't exactly overseas :(

I think they are trying to misdirect the general public, who really don't know or care as much as the people here. Have any of you ever seen a new, better product come out at a lower price than its' predecessor? I really don't think it is happening. Some of you believe that they will sell Canadian on ice authentics for the cost of the current premier jerseys? Really? I think it is at best underinformed sales people and at worst frank deceit.

2 hours ago, TheBZ said:

Canada isn't exactly overseas :(

Anything is overseas... it just depends on your travel route, lol

20 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

I think they are trying to misdirect the general public, who really don't know or care as much as the people here. Have any of you ever seen a new, better product come out at a lower price than its' predecessor? I really don't think it is happening. Some of you believe that they will sell Canadian on ice authentics for the cost of the current premier jerseys? Really? I think it is at best underinformed sales people and at worst frank deceit.

This.

Some of the sporting goods stores near me call Premiers "stitched authentics" because they are more authentic than the tshirt jerseys and appear to have stitching.

6 hours ago, lhg39 said:

I agree with this as well. With the bs they tried to pull with the Indo jerseys, I see no reason why they won't continue right on with it when it comes to the new adidas "authentics". 

As was said above, I'll believe it when I see it...

I'm from the school of thought that the Edge jerseys were always ridiculously overpriced. A pro jersey for $200 was expected pre-2007. 

18 hours ago, lhg39 said:

These are the only jersey that Adidas will be selling though. They're not producing replica jerseys so why not make the price point more affordable? If they were selling both I think the Reebok price points would stay the same but it's just something to think about since Fanatics is producing the replicas.

35 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

These are the only jersey that Adidas will be selling though. They're not producing replica jerseys so why not make the price point more affordable? If they were selling both I think the Reebok price points would stay the same but it's just something to think about since Fanatics is producing the replicas.

That's a very good observation. To be honest, Adidas will make a LOT less money selling jerseys. Normal people are satisfied with a replica, that's why when I go to a game it's usually 95% replicas and fakes and 5% authentics, which includes older CCM stuff, not just Edge. 

If they want to make money, they have to prove the authentics better, otherwise everyone will just get the Fanatics replica.

Present company excluded, of course. 

Yeah, most people probably just goto Diick's or Modell's and buy whatever is on the rack (replica). The replicas are expensive enough that people most likely think they are getting something high quality.

God, I'm so old I can remember when replica jerseys were between $60-75, and authentics were no more than $150. Paying almost $200 for a Coyotes Starter seemed outrageous at the time. 

1 minute ago, rabinsurance said:

God, I'm so old I can remember when replica jerseys were between $60-75, and authentics were no more than $150. Paying almost $200 for a Coyotes Starter seemed outrageous at the time. 

$200 was the cost of a fully customized authentic when I bought my first one. I still remember being like "wow, that is a lot more than a blank replica". 

There used to be somewhat flexible pricing on authentic jerseys. Some teams (Leafs, Wings, Devils) were less expensive, while others (Coyotes, Stars) were much more. That seemed to end when Pro Player and CCM split the contract in 1999 and has been that way ever since.

18 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

There used to be somewhat flexible pricing on authentic jerseys. Some teams (Leafs, Wings, Devils) were less expensive, while others (Coyotes, Stars) were much more. That seemed to end when Pro Player and CCM split the contract in 1999 and has been that way ever since.

Oh wow, I had forgotten that. It kinda added some cache to the more complicated designs. To us kids, anyway.

So just to clarify (I haven't been following), Adiadas will sell the Canadian on ice jerseys for $200 blank, cheaper indo edge style jerseys made overseas (sold at nhl shop, etc.) and then fanatics owns the rights to sell replicas?  What's the material and patch difference like with all three? Because the patches and crest on the Hawks replicas compared to indo and 2.0 are terrible.