Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

I have to say I think Philly's black alternatives have all looked pretty sharp.  I even liked the ones they wore in the late 90's through the early to mid 2000's.

I am just about 100% certain the Devils will introduce a full-time 3rd jersey next year or the year after.  Whether it will be just the retro, something other than the retro, or both is anyone's guess.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have to say I think Philly's black alternatives have all looked pretty sharp.  I even liked the ones they wore in the late 90's through the early to mid 2000's.

I am just about 100% certain the Devils will introduce a full-time 3rd jersey next year or the year after.  Whether it will be just the retro, something other than the retro, or both is anyone's guess.

Yes I agree and I hope we start getting Canada made ones sold 

• 1 month later...

Where are they saying it on Reddit and FB?

11 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Just random replies that some people are making. If I find an example, I'll post it.

Well then it must be true.

Edited by mfitz804

22 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Well, that's why I was asking if anyone heard anything similar or knew more...

I know, I know...

Has anybody come across any team customizers that have the new namebars that match the material of the new Adidas MIC jerseys? I’ve picked up another Canucks MIC at the year-end sale and would like to get the Adidas material for the namebar on this one....

7 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Has anybody come across any team customizers that have the new namebars that match the material of the new Adidas MIC jerseys? I’ve picked up another Canucks MIC at the year-end sale and would like to get the Adidas material for the namebar on this one....

Honestly, not even sure the teams customizers themselves have access to the right material, just looking at some of the players on TV.

44 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Honestly, not even sure the teams customizers themselves have access to the right material, just looking at some of the players on TV.

The one that I pulled off the Jersey seemed to be the right material. 

I’ll see if I can find out who does the Canucks jerseys I guess and maybe ask them 

EPS said they do.

They had the Indo material. I can let you know tomorrow if they have the Canadian material. My jersey is supposed to arrive by UPS tomorrow.

When I was stripping my Canucks Jersey last night, it was a breeze. Took a total of 45 mins from start to finish. After the nightmare with the MIC Penguins Jersey, this Canucks Jersey was so quick. It seems like any of the ones hat just have the single layer numbers come off super easy, and the ones that have 3 layer numbers seem to have a lot of glue to hold down the numbers because they’re significantly heavier maybe? I’d bet that Leafs Johnny Bower night Jersey would strip super easy, and you could turn it into a Matthews MIC Jersey......

3 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Any idea if our buddy Josh would make just nameplates for jerseys or if they will want to do the whole lettering kit?

I would say its unlikely. But it wouldn't hurt to ask. They'd probably charge close to or the same price as a completed nameplate, but if the concern is getting the right material as opposed to the wrong one, you do what you have to. 

2 minutes ago, KB67 said:

When I was stripping my Canucks Jersey last night, it was a breeze. Took a total of 45 mins from start to finish. After the nightmare with the MIC Penguins Jersey, this Canucks Jersey was so quick. It seems like any of the ones hat just have the single layer numbers come off super easy, and the ones that have 3 layer numbers seem to have a lot of glue to hold down the numbers because they’re significantly heavier maybe? I’d bet that Leafs Johnny Bower night Jersey would strip super easy, and you could turn it into a Matthews MIC Jersey......

I stripped a Devils one (two layer) and it was easy as could be. That could be because of how poorly the initial job was done, as I showed at the time, it was a Game Issued and a section of the nameplate wasn't even sewn down. 

Its coming back from EPS tomorrow and I am very excited to have it. 

15 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Couldn't believe someone was doing that. Tbh I hope they ruin the jersey.

6 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Why not? Obviously it’s not for everyone, or it would have sold by now, and a Matthews Jersey would be easier to sell....

45 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Any idea if our buddy Josh would make just nameplates for jerseys or if they will want to do the whole lettering kit?

In the past I ordered a few nameplates by themselves, and they were OK with it. I’m not sure about the price, but I think it was around $30 or so per finished plate.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

In the past I ordered a few nameplates by themselves, and they were OK with it. I’m not sure about the price, but I think it was around $30 or so per finished plate.

They charged me $35 for adding a finished nameplate to a jersey (Devils, maybe different for other teams), so that sounds about right. 

Did they add $14 shipping on top of that? 

I doubt the shipping was significant in my case because they were shipped together with other jerseys.  If EPS sent you the plates by themselves through UPS, I think it would be pretty expensive- $14 wouldn’t surprise me.

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Someone did do that and no, the jersey was not ruined it actually turned out great.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I doubt the shipping was significant in my case because they were shipped together with other jerseys.  If EPS sent you the plates by themselves through UPS, I think it would be pretty expensive- $14 wouldn’t surprise me.

I've never done it either, but I have been told that the shipping on a nameplate is basically the same as shipping on a single jersey order. 

Only time I ever had "just a nameplate" it was part of a larger order. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I've never done it either, but I have been told that the shipping on a nameplate is basically the same as shipping on a single jersey order. 

Only time I ever had "just a nameplate" it was part of a larger order. 

Ideally I’d be looking for some finished nameplates of adidas material to slap on my jersey without sending it to them to attach. I’ll send an email and see what kind of response it get. 

Also saves on shipping because I only have to pay for one way shipping from ‘Murica

Edited by AlereFlammam