Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

I see. I’ll be happy to confirm whether their red material is the proper made in Canada Adidas material tomorrow. If it is, I imagine the other colors are as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I see. I’ll be happy to confirm whether their red material is the proper made in Canada Adidas material tomorrow. If it is, I imagine the other colors are as well.

I'd be surprised if it isn't. Don't the Hurricanes and Devils use the same shade of red?

18 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I'd be surprised if it isn't. Don't the Hurricanes and Devils use the same shade of red?

Correct.

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

I’ll be damned. 

However, the chart shows that the Capitals use the same red. So that should be good enough since I believe EPS still does the Capitals. 

5 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Nice

Of course today is the day UPS will come late because I am awaiting jerseys. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Of course today is the day UPS will come late because I am awaiting jerseys. 

Yes....... btw, where do the different  jersey customizers get the nameplate material from?

I mean, it has to be the exact same color and materiel as the jersey.

5 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Yes....... btw, where do the different  jersey customizers get the nameplate material from?

I mean, it has to be the exact same color and materiel as the jersey.

I'd assume they get it straight from the manufacturer, but maybe someone else has actual knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

yeah, would be nice to know :-)  for jersey nerds like us 

You know if there's a way, someone on this site would buy an entire roll of their team's color...

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

of course.... for curtains, shower curtains, bed sheets, and whatever else they might think of 

I'd like to roll into work in a bright red Adizero business suit with matching tie...

I haven't taken my "It Arrived Today" pictures yet, but I snapped this one while confirming EPS's material is correct:

39774661190_8554ac76b5_b.jpg

The R on the left is the EPS work, the middle is the jersey, the right is the old nameplate from PX. All three are identical. 

I can confirm also that EPS's Devils font is in fact a slight bit wider than what PX is using. The nameplate used is also a bit taller, the PX ones are so narrow that when the nameplates are sewn on, they are sometimes sewing them right through the edge of the letters. The numbers, however, are the exact size of the PX ones, which are smaller than what EPS had been doing. 

Those who are that concerned about accuracy should note these differences. Its not a big enough difference for me to accept the poor sewing job I have seen on the PX Devils gamers. I feel like the EPS version corrects what is wrong with the PX version, sacrificing a small amount of accuracy in the process. 

The picture below shows an EPS R on the left and a PX R (complete with loose threads and letters too close to the edges of the nameplate) on the right. It was the only letter the two jerseys in question had in common. 

39774754330_4777590f6a_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Nice pics.  That's a great example of having to choose quality over accuracy.  I have a couple that are as accurate as they can get, but I still hate the kits because they're so poorly done compared to a Keener or EPS job. 

I'll admit, being lazy and used to dealing with EPS also played a role. But overall I am very satisfied with it and happy that I have the new style, Made in Canada. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The R on the right is the EPS work, the middle is the jersey, the left is the old nameplate from PX. All three are identical.

Might want to edit your original post.  The R on the LEFT is the EPS work and the old PX nameplate is on the RIGHT.

:D

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Might want to edit your original post.  The R on the LEFT is the EPS work and the old PX nameplate is on the RIGHT.

:D

Wait, let me see which hand I wrote the R on...damnit, you're right! Or left!

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd like to roll into work in a bright red Adizero business suit with matching tie...

I haven't taken my "It Arrived Today" pictures yet, but I snapped this one while confirming EPS's material is correct:

39774661190_8554ac76b5_b.jpg

The R on the left is the EPS work, the middle is the jersey, the right is the old nameplate from PX. All three are identical. 

I can confirm also that EPS's Devils font is in fact a slight bit wider than what PX is using. The nameplate used is also a bit taller, the PX ones are so narrow that when the nameplates are sewn on, they are sometimes sewing them right through the edge of the letters. The numbers, however, are the exact size of the PX ones, which are smaller than what EPS had been doing. 

Those who are that concerned about accuracy should note these differences. Its not a big enough difference for me to accept the poor sewing job I have seen on the PX Devils gamers. I feel like the EPS version corrects what is wrong with the PX version, sacrificing a small amount of accuracy in the process. 

The picture below shows an EPS R on the left and a PX R (complete with loose threads and letters too close to the edges of the nameplate) on the right. It was the only letter the two jerseys in question had in common. 

39774754330_4777590f6a_b.jpg

Sort of off-topic, but does MeiGray come off on their prices at all that are on the website? I have my eye on a couple jerseys from them that I’d love to pick up.....

8 hours ago, KB67 said:

Sort of off-topic, but does MeiGray come off on their prices at all that are on the website? I have my eye on a couple jerseys from them that I’d love to pick up.....

They do sales twice a year. During non sale times, you can usually ask for the sale price (by looking up the terms of the last one) and get it.

BUT, the sale never applies to the current year’s jerseys, so I was stuck. 

what garbage..... philly express indeed, yeah, they sure are in a hurry to sew that crap together.

now why the fu** would the devils pick such a sh!tty customizer?

guess  everyone that has something to say about jerseys  in the NJ organization  are now morons, hence the jersey design  change as well. 

Edited by tomtucker

I have a bunch of Philly Express jerseys and not one has a defect as glaring as what MFitz posted. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the team switched customizers late in the off season and PX had to scramble to get them done quickly. 

As for the nameplate color contrast, I don’t know for sure, but NHL Uniforms says it’s modeled after the 70s uniforms when the color (road) jerseys needed nameplates for televised games. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I have a bunch of Philly Express jerseys and not one has a defect as glaring as what MFitz posted. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the team switched customizers late in the off season and PX had to scramble to get them done quickly. 

As for the nameplate color contrast, I don’t know for sure, but NHL Uniforms says it’s modeled after the 70s uniforms when the color (road) jerseys needed nameplates for televised games. 

Maybe they are just Flyers fans so they didn’t care. ;)

I actually don’t mind the contrasting nameplates, something different isn’t necessarily bad. Not that I’d want the Devils to do it, of course.

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

but the colors are also different... looks like neon orange, back in the Lindros days it was more like carrot orange, much nicer. 

cool, this is flyers hockey

eric_lindros2.jpg

eric-lindros-flyers.jpg

not cool, hunting west

633026116.0.jpg