Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

Is everyone still holding out for the MIC Adidas jersey to hopefully become available to the public?  I have tried to wait patiently, but there are a couple jersey I want to get, but I really don't want to get a Indo jersey if I don't have to.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KB67 said:

Man, so nice to see more and more of these MIC Gamer jerseys starting to float around. This Stars jersey is beautiful, although I wish they had done more with the letters and numbers, maybe a 3 layer with black and white or something....but beautiful nonetheless.

Thanks and I agree with you on the numbers.. I don't like the Adidas perforated numbers at all. The white collar is the other thing I don't like.

These Dallas MIC's have the normal perforated numbers. The pictures and possibly the color combo just makes the holes look smaller then they actually are.

16 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Also, do the Stars not use namebars?

No, I believe they stopped when they rebranded to the new logo. A lot of companies like Frozen pond and stuff who sell autographed jerseys still put the name bar on the Dallas jerseys. Dallas made the right choice by not using them, they don't look that great with them.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I actually laughed out loud at this

I appreciate that. :) 

28 minutes ago, BennGuin1491 said:

Dallas made the right choice by not using them, they don't look that great with them.

Agreed. Single layer letters always look better without a nameplate IMHO. 

4 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Is everyone still holding out for the MIC Adidas jersey to hopefully become available to the public?  I have tried to wait patiently, but there are a couple jersey I want to get, but I really don't want to get a Indo jersey if I don't have to.

I sure am. I'm hopeful that the talk of them being available at the start of next season is true.

You could always grab a cheap indo on ebay or something and just resell it if they become available. Or just wait until the start of next season and see what happens. Maybe the indos will become the rarity... 

I personally found that the difference between Canadian and Indo in the Adidas jerseys was a far larger gap than it was with Reebok. So much so that I sold both Indos I bought initially. I replaced the home one with MIC (MeiGray, stripped a GI), but I didn't replace the road one. 

This means I would rather have no jersey than even having the Indo as a placeholder until the Canadian became available. 

I'm fairly certain they will become available to the public, though I have no idea as to the time frame. It's a race between them becoming available and MeiGray having a GI in my size that I can strip. 

16 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Aw, man. There goes like $200,000 worth of jerseys!

They're only game issued right now, so its only $100,000. Price goes up when they hit the ice. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They're only game issued right now, so its only $100,000. Price goes up when they hit the ice. 

Lol, true. 

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Lol, true. 

Honestly man, you've been in this hobby long enough to know that. 

;)

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I personally found that the difference between Canadian and Indo in the Adidas jerseys was a far larger gap than it was with Reebok. So much so that I sold both Indos I bought initially. I replaced the home one with MIC (MeiGray, stripped a GI), but I didn't replace the road one. 

This means I would rather have no jersey than even having the Indo as a placeholder until the Canadian became available. 

I'm fairly certain they will become available to the public, though I have no idea as to the time frame. It's a race between them becoming available and MeiGray having a GI in my size that I can strip. 

It would be nice if MeiGray would be able to sell their leftover TIs at the end of every season instead of at the end of the manufacturer’s contract with the league like they did last year. I mean, sure, you’d only have MICs from less than half of the league but it’d be better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

It would be nice if MeiGray would be able to sell their leftover TIs at the end of every season instead of at the end of the manufacturer’s contract with the league like they did last year. I mean, sure, you’d only have MICs from less than half of the league but it’d be better than nothing. 

That would be nice. I have tried to convince them in previous years to no avail. Once they are no longer worn on the ice, they become available. Could be as little as the vector-to-wordmark changeover, once they stopped patching them over. 

I also believe that the team and not Meigray owns that stock.  Meigray is just warehousing the blanks until they need to be sent off to the customizer.

6 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I also believe that the team and not Meigray owns that stock.  Meigray is just warehousing the blanks until they need to be sent off to the customizer.

I think that was the argument, “they aren’t ours to sell”. But they have no problem doing it once they are outdated, I’m sure the team gets a cut on those and they really don’t care what it is. 

I gave in to the indo jersey. If MIC becomes available, I'll sell the indos to friends.

Edited by hakaida

I was able to pick up home and road Islanders pre-season game-used MIC Adidas jerseys off ebay.  Scrub prospects with the 100th patch. 

Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet:

1) Leave as is with scrub's name (decent numbers 21 and 17)

2) Just strip the name bar and have a just number jersey

3) Strip entirely, bring to Stitches in Whitestone and turn them into Barzal 13

IN short, they're a million times nicer than the Indo ones.  Not even close.

Edited by zpalffy

Don’t do #2. Either leave them or do the full strip.

I opted for the full strip on the MIC Devils I bought.

And yeah, they aren’t even close to the Indo, they are miles better. 

Some guy posted the new AHL all star jersey on Facebook. It’s the same adidas material as the NHL just branded CCM. 

Not surprised as it’s what happened when the edge took over. I’m sure we will see it in the CHL as well. 

AHL is switching all teams to the Adizero style from the Edge style they currently are using. Still CCM branded. They announced this back in January. 

3 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

AHL is switching all teams to the Adizero style from the Edge style they currently are using. Still CCM branded. They announced this back in January. 

Just wasnt 100% sure because they didn’t explicitly state the adidas material back in January.  As SP now owns sport maska it could have been any kind of material and they save the adidas stuff for the NHL. 

Edited by AlereFlammam