Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

On 5/24/2018 at 4:56 PM, mfitz804 said:

Funny that they have both teams. I guess my orders will wait a little longer. 

This is the first time that I can remember that both teams in the Final were customized by one company. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just wanted to add my 2 pennies into this thread and say that the MiC adizero are infinitely nicer than the s***ty indos. I checked out the indos at a couple games on the road and they are meh compared to the MiC. 

definitely worth the wait. don't waste your money on an indo unless it is all but given to you for free....

I had MIC and Indo Maple Leafs stadium series jerseys side by side and the quality between them was night and day.  The MIC is basically a 2.0 except the material is a little different and the indo is a premier with a cheap flimsy fight strap.

One thing that stood out to me was on the arm where Honour, Pride, Courage are written on the indo it’s basically just screened on while on the MIC I’m not sure the technical name but it’s like indented into the material and looks way better.

Adidas “authentics.”  :noway:

I still like the Edge 2.0s better than even the MIC Adizero. They just feel more solid and of higher quality. And if it can’t be Ultrafil, you just can’t beat Air-Knit, IMO ?‍♂️

On 5/25/2018 at 12:40 PM, rabinsurance said:

AHL is switching all teams to the Adizero style from the Edge style they currently are using. Still CCM branded. They announced this back in January. 

I dunno, from the all-star game jersey photos, it seems like the new jerseys are mostly sticking with the edge, adding minor Adidas tweaks. The materials of the jersey and the collar appear to be similar to Adidas' NHL design, but the shoulders, underarm, and striping appear to be edge.  

For example, no dimples and rounded shoulder yolks vs squared or squared plus a rounded corner that NHL jerseys have

AS_Atlantic_3.jpg

I honestly don't even get the point of this. Why can't Adidas simply make a rounded corner rather than adding it on? Using additional materials and stitching to add a rounded corner to the squared shoulder hardly saves weight

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7L3yLkfq4IvpUxCdF6TT

New collar design is similar, but I think the 50/50 split between two colors looks much better here than how a lot of NHL teams implemented it (*cough* Blackhawks *cough*). The center area where the NHL patch would go is also a different shape. 

AS_Atlantic_4.jpg

Underarm pattern appears to be the same as Edge style jerseys, not mesh or shaped like the Adidas jerseys

AS_Pacific_3.jpg

Adidas with mesh underarms

capitals-practice-alex-chiasson.jpg

break in middle of underarm material on reebok

11770665_10105282119781430_1209311761_o.

Thankfully, the striping on the rear hem also appears to be straight, not curved like the NHL

https://theahl.com/north-rallies-for-thrilling-all-star-challenge-title

Of course, I write all this and perhaps the regular season AHL jerseys will have a completely different template than the all-star jerseys. 

That's what we were told. Same manufacturing facilities, same materials. Of course anything could happen. That's what I was told before Christmas when they were ordering the jerseys for the upcoming season. 

22 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Of course, I write all this and perhaps the regular season AHL jerseys will have a completely different template than the all-star jerseys. 

Or, will they "correct" the NHL jerseys next season, and they'll be more like those?

We can only hope, as there may then be an influx of team issued blanks of the "old" Adidas style available. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Alright, Adidas, get your s*** together. I need a Capitals pair to put my SCF patches on.

Here's a Capitals pair........put your patches there !

stanley-cup-flash-1.jpg?w=1000&h=563

Brilliant edit: I'm definitely a fan but let's keep it PG-13 here.

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Maybe change that to a link and mark it NSFW.

I guess that depends on where you work. Burakovsky is at work and he doesn't seem to mind. 

Edited by mfitz804

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess that depends on where you work. Burakovsky is at work and he doesn't seem to mind. 

Lol, true.

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Maybe change that to a link and mark it NSFW.

right, sorry about that.

i am in Europe ..... and i just got home from the nude beach, so i wasn't  thinking clearly, the heat also got to me

I can't even remember where i put my binoculars, might have left them in the sand  :wub:

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

That's one way to get get pregnant at the after-party.

Fixed. 

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

right, sorry about that.

i am in Europe ..... and i just got home from the nude beach, so i wasn't  thinking clearly, the heat also got to me

I can't even remember where i put my binoculars, might have left them in the sand  :wub:

It’s ok...jsh139 will forever be the guy who objected to boobs. 

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s ok...jsh139 will forever be the guy who objected to boobs. 

Dammit. I’m the Debbie downer now ?

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG 

43 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Dammit. I’m the Debbie downer now ?

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG 

Maybe you’re just an a$$ man. It happens. 

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

anyone else noticed how high up the shoulder logos are sitting on these jerseys?

Looks more like collarbone logos, they are not sticking out to the side, they are pointing to the sky.... awful look imo 

yeah, that was the first thing I noticed when I got my 'hawks sweater. at first I thought it was the collar making it look that way, but as soon as I put it on I was surprised by how much higher up the tomahawks are now. not a huge fan, personally.