Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

1 hour ago, madflava said:

Indeed. One day I hope we get an explanation from a former employee why we got Indo-Edge and Indo-Zero jerseys instead of the real deal. Until then it is all speculation that cheaper manufacturing cost in Indonesia along with cheaper materials is their way to combat Chinese knockoff jerseys. To me it still doesn't make sense. Those of us that collect the real deal will pay the premium for the actual on-ice-jersey or Jersey Baron would have closed up shop a long time ago. This switch to Adidas and Jersey Baron being frozen out has me really worried that Adidas really doesn't want us to own a MiC jersey unless it is through an auction or team sale.

Anyway, I pulled the trigger. I bought a home and away game issued Capitals jerseys through Meigray in size 56! Once my wallet recovers from the initial shock, I'm going to have them stripped and customized to be Stanley Cup finals jerseys. The things I do for my jersey addiction...

They’re super easy to strip on your own, don’t pay to have it done. It only takes about 45 mins per Jersey, and they come out super clean.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, KB67 said:

They’re super easy to strip on your own, don’t pay to have it done. It only takes about 45 mins per Jersey, and they come out super clean.

Except for the MiC penguins jersey one of the guys posted on here a few months ago. That thing is only good for nameplates now. It’s F’ed. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Except for the MiC penguins jersey one of the guys posted on here a few months ago. That thing is only good for nameplates now. It’s F’ed. 

Lol......that was mine too.....pretty much got my money back on it though....

Just now, KB67 said:

Lol......that was mine too.....pretty much got my money back on it though....

lol, shiit, sorry man. ?

Rumour has it that Keener got that problem Pens jersey clean and it's recustomed as a Crosby.

10 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Rumour has it that Keener got that problem Pens jersey clean and it's recustomed as a Crosby.

No way!!! I’m going to ask Duffer!!

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I’m semi afraid to do a white jersey after that. But I think that was Nora an issue in how it was customized, if you get something from a different customizer, it probably won’t be like that. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m semi afraid to do a white jersey after that. But I think that was Nora an issue in how it was customized, if you get something from a different customizer, it probably won’t be like that. 

There was a s*** ton of yellow glue on that one, like it was made not to ever be stripped. I had zero issues with the oilers one. These perforated numbers seem to come off real easy....

6 minutes ago, KB67 said:

There was a s*** ton of yellow glue on that one, like it was made not to ever be stripped. I had zero issues with the oilers one. These perforated numbers seem to come off real easy....

Same with my Devils. Of course, some of it was falling off already when I got it. 

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

17 hours ago, KB67 said:

Apologies in advance for not taking photos from my experience, but I stripped an MIC GI adidas Capitals red jersey (originally customized by EPS, of course), and was left with more glue residue than I could handle on my own.  The sleeve numbers came off mostly clean, but there was glue in spots.  I removed most of it.  The back of the jersey, once stripped, was completely covered with glue residue.  Using the acetone methods detailed in this forum, I was able to remove about half of it by myself - but it was a difficult, time-consuming process.  A lot of time individually flaking off glue with my fingernails.  It seemed more difficult, at least to me, than air knit was.  The custom job I'm getting should cover up most of the residue, but it was problematic.

On the home jersey, I wanted to lose the NHL 100 patch to apply a proper SCF patch, but that was impossible.  The NHL 100 patch on the home jersey was completely glued down.  On the road jersey I bought it wasn't, but I'm still asking EPS to remove it in case there is residue around the stitching that I can't detect.

Maybe as the season went on, the custom work changed, or maybe the jersey I got was more problematic than others.  Hard to say - each customizer and custom job is different.

For anyone with issues cleaning glue residue and such off of jerseys watch this video. I am fairly sure Bill Henderson can get just about any jersey cleaned.

I always let EPS handle my glue. 9 out of 10 come out perfect, the last one will have some residue but not a lot. 

11 hours ago, reedpm said:

Apologies in advance for not taking photos from my experience, but I stripped an MIC GI adidas Capitals red jersey (originally customized by EPS, of course), and was left with more glue residue than I could handle on my own.  The sleeve numbers came off mostly clean, but there was glue in spots.  I removed most of it.  The back of the jersey, once stripped, was completely covered with glue residue.  Using the acetone methods detailed in this forum, I was able to remove about half of it by myself - but it was a difficult, time-consuming process.  A lot of time individually flaking off glue with my fingernails.  It seemed more difficult, at least to me, than air knit was.  The custom job I'm getting should cover up most of the residue, but it was problematic.

On the home jersey, I wanted to lose the NHL 100 patch to apply a proper SCF patch, but that was impossible.  The NHL 100 patch on the home jersey was completely glued down.  On the road jersey I bought it wasn't, but I'm still asking EPS to remove it in case there is residue around the stitching that I can't detect.

Maybe as the season went on, the custom work changed, or maybe the jersey I got was more problematic than others.  Hard to say - each customizer and custom job is different.

I stripped a road white Caps GI jersey I purchased from Meigray.

Outside of some slight red from the numbers left behind (and I mean slight, it was barely noticeable) I had no issues stripping it.

I was able to clear out the red shadow with some goof off. and it is fresh and clean

The 100th ann'y patch also stripped fairly cleanly, with just some bits left behind that I was able to also tackle with goof off.

23 hours ago, reedpm said:

That's good to know this ahead of time. I purposely avoided getting a GI Capitals jersey with the 100 patch because it would be one more thing to deal with to recreating a SCF jersey. I'll have to see how bad it is first before I decide on my jersey stripping options. I may have to consider using Bill Henderson to strip my jerseys. Anyone have experience working with him? Last time I had EPS help me strip a jersey, I removed all the stitches first and let them handle removing the numbers and glue and it came out great. The cost for the stripping wasn't so bad either since I had removed all the stitches for them. Anyway, I had email Josh at EPS and he replied:

"Red works best but there are no guarantees on strips.  We don’t put game jerseys together with the intention of taking them apart later.  The game jerseys get pressed in the locker rooms to make them look better for games."

So that might explain some of the things we are seeing with EPS customized Caps jerseys.

Edited by madflava

22 hours ago, lhg39 said:

For anyone with issues cleaning glue residue and such off of jerseys watch this video. I am fairly sure Bill Henderson can get just about any jersey cleaned.

I have never seen that before! How can I send him a jersey or two to clean up?!?

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

I have never seen that before! How can I send him a jersey or two to clean up?!?

Contact him via facebook.

Did anyone else watch the video and think it was interesting watching him remove the stains, but it would also be interesting if he slipped and removed the flesh from his hand? Or was that just me?

I was surprised he didn't wear any heavy-duty gloves, especially after he made it a point about being real careful with the spray!

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Who is gonna be the first one to buy one of those guns???

I'm considering it as I have a pile of stuff that have similar staining

I'm weighing it out to see if it's worth giving a go or just send them all to him to do.

I'm kinda partial to the skin on my hands and then there's that whole "could harm your kidneys" disclaimer
Kindneys filter beer!

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I'm considering it as I have a pile of stuff that have similar staining

I'm weighing it out to see if it's worth giving a go or just send them all to him to do.

I'm kinda partial to the skin on my hands and then there's that whole "could harm your kidneys" disclaimer
Kindneys filter beer!

You don’t want to mess with your beer, just send it to him. You’ll have to wait until his wife goes out but it’s worth it. 

Pretty cool.  I'm also surprised at how vigorously he was rubbing that fabric together.  I feel like if you did that to Ultrafil you'd have a pilled up mess on your hands.

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Pretty cool.  I'm also surprised at how vigorously he was rubbing 

This topic has taken an interesting turn :mellow: