JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

Is it just me, or do many/most/all of the new 3rds seem to have the bottom stripes and the bottom cut straight across, rather than the wavy curvy stripes/cut?   Maybe an actual change to the template going forward?  Maybe all the existing jerseys could move back to this more traditional set up?

Have a look:

https://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/

Nothing has changed. Still the same front and back, still curved.

Two part question. Can anyone confirm or clarify that the shoulder patches of the Adidas retail are made of different material then the Reebok Edge authentics? Is this one of the new weight reducing tactics?

If anyone remembers my question about the Ottawa patches, I got my hands on the Canes third and the patches are made of the same thin flexible fabric like material as the Ottawa Indo adidas. They are not the same patches as Canadian made Reebok’s but neither are they the same as the Reebok Premiers.

Second part of the question is, does the shoulder patch material differ from retail and Canadian made adidas? Is this just something on some retail jerseys.

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone have their hands on an Adidas goalie cut and is willing to provide measurements?

Yes...jerk. 

34 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Yes...jerk. 

Appreciate it. Pit to pit and from the collar opening above the NHL logo to the bottom front hem would be very helpful. 

Would of course be helpful to know the size...is it 58G?

Thanks, loser. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Appreciate it. Pit to pit and from the collar opening above the NHL logo to the bottom front hem would be very helpful. 

Would of course be helpful to know the size...is it 58G?

Thanks, loser. 

That’s what she said.

11 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s what she said.

At least she said thanks, it couldn’t have been all bad lol. 

Is it bad form to hope a certain fringe player sticks around the roster long enough that you can subsequently buy and strip his game issued jerseys, since Adidas won't sell you any?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum (although I'm reading here since a couple of years) and about to buy a Adidas MiC from someone here size 56.

I'm about 6'1" and 175 lbs and own a couple of Size 50 Edge 2.0, since i was always going for the more fitting rather than loose look. I think i could also easily wear a 52 or 54 for the 2.0s, with a more loose look then.

Since the Adidas MiC seem to be a little smaller in the same size, I'm in hope a 56 will also be ok for my frame, especially when wearing something like a hoody underneath.

What do you guys think, will a size 56 be ok for my frame of 6'1" and 175? It can be loose, but should not look stupid.

I think you nailed it; it may be loose but it won't look stupid. If you can wear an Edge 2.0 54, An Adidas 56 should be just fine based on what I have observed and what everyone else has reported. 

Edited by mfitz804

7 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

That is if you can get hold of one for your team!

Well he said he was about to buy one, so I think he had that part taken care of. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think you nailed it; it may be loose but it won't look stupid. If you can wear an Edge 2.0 54, An Adidas 56 should be just fine based on what I have observed and what everyone else has reported. 

I'm not 100% sure how a 54 2.0 would fit, but from what I've read in the forum if i would ask for a size suggestion for an Edge 2.0 with a frame of 6'1" 175, i suggest the answer would mostly be a 52 or a 54 for a more loose feel and look, right?

I got the measurements for the Adidas 56 and compared it to one of my Edge 50s and and the most difference is that it is about 2 1/2 inches wider, the sleeves are also a bit longer, which is welcome in comparison to the Edge 50s.

Edited by Lenkbron

I think you're correct about the Edge sizes for your build. 

2 1/2 inches wider is not a very big difference, I think you'll be fine. If you were 5'7", maybe a different story, but since you're tall it can be a bit wider without also looking like a dress. 

Im 6'3 190 and a 54 2.0 looks just right. Loose enough for a hoody or jacket underneath but not silly looking with just a tshirt. If you're looking for a slightly fitted fit a 54 edge/56 Adi might be larger than you'd hope but it's gonna look like a jersey "should" sans pads. In my opinion...

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think you're correct about the Edge sizes for your build. 

2 1/2 inches wider is not a very big difference, I think you'll be fine. If you were 5'7", maybe a different story, but since you're tall it can be a bit wider without also looking like a dress. 

Thanks a lot for your help, greatly appreciated!

19 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Im 6'3 190 and a 54 2.0 looks just right. Loose enough for a hoody or jacket underneath but not silly looking with just a tshirt. If you're looking for a slightly fitted fit a 54 edge/56 Adi might be larger than you'd hope but it's gonna look like a jersey "should" sans pads. In my opinion...

I think that sums it up. Seems like we have a similar body shape, so the fit shoud be similar. I'm mostly going for the fitted fit when possible, but as mentioned, I'm not having a problem if it's a bit more loose.

I've seen it asked a few times about sizing, as an older collector I might suggest you consider the following sad story.

When I was in my early 20's I started collecting, this was back in the Big Block CCM 6100's era.

I was a young stout fellow and was very active in sports. (handsome too :doh:)
Now, a broken down old man I am having trouble wedging into my old size 48 Prober Hawks jersey.
Back in the early 90's most people in Chicago wore their jersey's fairly snug / not loose and I am regretting not going up a size or two.

In the event that you too one day may add a few pounds you may want to consider buying your jersey's in larger sizes and wearing them loose so that you don't grow out of it and have to find a new one.

Just my two cents

Fatty out!

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I've seen it asked a few times about sizing, as an older collector I might suggest you consider the following sad story.

When I was in my early 20's I started collecting, this was back in the Big Block CCM 6100's era.

I was a young stout fellow and was very active in sports. (handsome too :doh:)
Now, a broken down old man I am having trouble wedging into my old size 48 Prober Hawks jersey.
Back in the early 90's most people in Chicago wore their jersey's fairly snug / not loose and I am regretting not going up a size or two.

In the event that you too one day may add a few pounds you may want to consider buying your jersey's in larger sizes and wearing them loose so that you don't grow out of it and have to find a new one.

Just my two cents

Fatty out!

Funny, as a kid in the 90's that wore clothes that were 10 sizes too big, I actually benefited from my childhood naivety. As an adult the 52's and 48's fit me exactly how they should! Prefer the overall fit of a 48, but the sleeve length of a 52.

Back to Reebok vs Adidas sizing, I'm 5-10/5-11 175 and prefer the size of a 50. I have TI 54's and can wear them, but they're pretty big on me. 54 fit me perfectly when I play with pads in both Reebok and Adidas. 56 start to get too long in the torso for me which is probably what I like least about that size.