• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, steinosaur19 said:

Hey everyone...

If you come across a MIC/team issued CBJ third jersey (or know of someone who may have access to one), please let me know....thanks!!

You can pre-order them on MeiGray right now, that is likely going to be your only opportunity at one......

53 minutes ago, KB67 said:

You can pre-order them on MeiGray right now, that is likely going to be your only opportunity at one......

Yeah I already went through their site and checked out what's available for preorder.....most of them are out of my price range, and the one that I have my eye on is a size 58, which is way too big for me.

In any case, if one pops up somewhere (even a blank TI/MIC) please keep me in mind! Much appreciated

Edited by steinosaur19

40 minutes ago, steinosaur19 said:

Yeah I already went through their site and checked out what's available for preorder.....most of them are out of my price range, and the one that I have my eye on is a size 58, which is way too big for me.

In any case, if one pops up somewhere (even a blank TI/MIC) please keep me in mind! Much appreciated

Don't forget to look for Game Issued ones you can strip.  You might get lucky and find a cheap one.

59 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Don't forget to look for Game Issued ones you can strip.  You might get lucky and find a cheap one.

That'd also be ideal, but the cheapest third listed on meigray is $495. I'll probably have to hold out until after the season or if there's a game day auction (which is how I got ahold of a Matt Calvert gamer for quite cheap last season :) )

On 9/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, AeroFishOne said:

Two part question. Can anyone confirm or clarify that the shoulder patches of the Adidas retail are made of different material then the Reebok Edge authentics? Is this one of the new weight reducing tactics?

If anyone remembers my question about the Ottawa patches, I got my hands on the Canes third and the patches are made of the same thin flexible fabric like material as the Ottawa Indo adidas. They are not the same patches as Canadian made Reebok’s but neither are they the same as the Reebok Premiers.

Second part of the question is, does the shoulder patch material differ from retail and Canadian made adidas? Is this just something on some retail jerseys.

Can anyone confirm or clarify that the shoulder patches of the Adidas retail are made of different material then the Reebok Edge authentics? Is this one of the new weight reducing tactics?

Yes and No depending on the team.  The Adidas authentics use the same exact patch found on the MIC per team. So if the team uses a woven patch like Vegas (the new lighter weight patches) they get that. if the team uses a traditional twill & embroidered patch like the Stars or Hawks, they get that. Same goes for chest logos, same exact patch. Teams who carried forward the same patch execution from the Reebok days will be the same as Edge MIC and Indos.

Second part of the question is, does the shoulder patch material differ from retail and Canadian made adidas? Is this just something on some retail jerseys.

Same cresting and patches are used on MIC and retail. See above.

If anyone remembers my question about the Ottawa patches, I got my hands on the Canes third and the patches are made of the same thin flexible fabric like material as the Ottawa Indo adidas. They are not the same patches as Canadian made Reebok’s but neither are they the same as the Reebok Premiers.

Your examples are two teams who opted to go the go with the lighter weight woven patches. Reebok Premiers were all screenprinted twill.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:16 PM, HannuVirta said:

Can anyone confirm or clarify that the shoulder patches of the Adidas retail are made of different material then the Reebok Edge authentics? Is this one of the new weight reducing tactics?

Yes and No depending on the team.  The Adidas authentics use the same exact patch found on the MIC per team. So if the team uses a woven patch like Vegas (the new lighter weight patches) they get that. if the team uses a traditional twill & embroidered patch like the Stars or Hawks, they get that. Same goes for chest logos, same exact patch. Teams who carried forward the same patch execution from the Reebok days will be the same as Edge MIC and Indos.

Your examples are two teams who opted to go the go with the lighter weight woven patches. Reebok Premiers were all screenprinted twill.

Excellent! Thanks for the response. Not a big fan of the thinner patches. Feels pretty cheap to me

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

Probably winter classic jerseys

It looks like a release for all of the Original 6 Teams, not just the two teams playing in the Winter Classic. I’m intrigued, but prepared to be let down.....

18 minutes ago, KB67 said:

It looks like a release for all of the Original 6 Teams, not just the two teams playing in the Winter Classic. I’m intrigued, but prepared to be let down.....

What are you basing that on? I can’t tell if there’s one, two or six jerseys in that clip. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What are you basing that on? I can’t tell if there’s one, two or six jerseys in that clip. 

Well, the hashtag in the promo from Adidas is #DigitalSix and they’ve tagged @EASports in it as well.....I hope I’m wrong......but I don’t think so.

I went to the Hawks game last Sunday, I asked one of the people working in the store if they were ever planning on releasing the MIC jerseys, she said "I don't know anything about the jerseys". 
 I about gave up figuring they'd all be clueless and roamed around looking for the Makita patch and be on my way.  
Didn't find any on the floor so I asked a guy wearing a suit jacket with the HQ logo on it and he said they had them near the register and led me over. 
While he was ringing me up I asked if they were the same as the on Ice patch, he quickly confirmed it was so I pressed on and asked him the same question I asked earlier. 
He said he doubts the current MIC style will be available because the current style retail version isn't selling, he said they're changing the collars next year because nobody likes the "school girl looking collars" 
I was taken aback that anybody there knew anything but it now seems the heat will be on to come across the current style MIC jerseys. 
While I am among the masses that don't like the collars it's still a version I don't have so it will be on my radar but I spoze I'll have to pay up for one. 

I guess my point to the story is, if you come across one and you are teetering - you may have to step up yer game. 
I wonder if all teams will be scratching that collar style.  

If true, that’d be good news, we’d probably see TI blanks filtering out. Of course, we wouldn’t be able to buy the new ones...

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If true, that’d be good news, we’d probably see TI blanks filtering out. Of course, we wouldn’t be able to buy the new ones...

I'd be fine with that. I've got patches waiting for those TIs.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:34 PM, Gewargis said:

Just saw this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpu_RExAxMs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpuqq71gPwM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpuWmgLg1sM/

Lots of comments saying it's for NHL 19, but EA hasn't posted anything about it...

It wouldn't make much sense to announce third jerseys during the season, right?

Digital 6 jerseys are for NHL19 only. 

Bruins Winter Classic are being unveiled this comingThursday at 10am. I would think Chicago will be same day or soon after.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:16 PM, HannuVirta said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the MIC and Retail Adidas Hawks jerseys use the same patches and crests, in both weight and application? Maybe I totally read into that wrong. If so, that sucks, because the retail Adidas patches/crests are much lighter and flimsy than the Reekbok MIC.

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the MIC and Retail Adidas Hawks jerseys use the same patches and crests, in both weight and application? Maybe I totally read into that wrong. If so, that sucks, because the retail Adidas patches/crests are much lighter and flimsy than the Reekbok MIC.

The Indian head is a different shade of tan when comparing Indo and MiC, but the rest seem about the same. The Indo patches and crest don't look or feel flimsy to me. 

Edited by Gewargis

7 hours ago, Gewargis said:

The Indian head is a different shade of tan when comparing Indo and MiC, but the rest seem about the same. The Indo patches and crest don't look or feel flimsy to me. 

Got it. I was looking at and Indo Adidas Authentic last week out of curiosity and noticed the crest and patches were more flexible than my MIC Reebok Edge patches and crest.

20 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Got it. I was looking at and Indo Adidas Authentic last week out of curiosity and noticed the crest and patches were more flexible than my MIC Reebok Edge patches and crest.

I think that’s part of the whole Adidas concept, isn’t it?

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s part of the whole Adidas concept, isn’t it?

I guess I missed that specifically. I know people talked about lighter numbers and all that, but I don't remember reading that crests and patches across the league would be reduced in weight and rigidity. I'm disappointed to finally learn that.