Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

Speaking to Blackhawks specifically, the on-ice cresting and patches are different than the retail. They are the only team that does this because of cost. The Chief Blackhawk front crest costs $20.  They are the same as what was used on Reebok MIC. There's only one domestic supplier who can create the chainstitch to the level of quality the team demands.

Again, read my comments above. Not all teams switched to the lighter woven patches on the shoulders.

Also, most front crests stayed the same from Reebok. Those that did change, only swapped certain areas of twill for the lighter weight material that looks like the jersey fabric.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

Speaking to Blackhawks specifically, the on-ice cresting and patches are different than the retail. They are the only team that does this because of cost. The Chief Blackhawk front crest costs $20.  They are the same as what was used on Reebok MIC. There's only one domestic supplier who can create the chainstitch to the level of quality the team demands.

Again, read my comments above. Not all teams switched to the lighter woven patches on the shoulders.

Also, most front crests stayed the same from Reebok. Those that did change, only swapped certain areas of twill for the lighter weight material that looks like the jersey fabric.

Makes sense. This article states that crest weight is reduced by 46%; clearly that must not be true for all teams. 

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2017-18-season/c-290025042

Apparently Hawks/Bruins WC sweaters unveiled tomorrow...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.secondcityhockey.com/platform/amp/2018/11/7/18073320/blackhawks-bruins-to-unveil-2019-winter-classic-jerseys

The teasers look like there is some felt lettering and chain stitching in the crest. Hard to tell on my tiny phone.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

6 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

The teasers look like there is some felt lettering and chain stitching in the crest. Hard to tell on my tiny phone.

Having seen them in person I can confirm that is correct. 

Both are very sharp. I like them...but I absolutely LOVE the shamrock patch in honor of Notre Dame. I just can't help but think the Bruins ones would have looked a lot better with brown instead of black.

Boston-Bruins-Chicago-Blackhawks-2019-Winter-Classic-Uniforms-Jerseys.jpg

Are you sure it isn't a dark brown? 
I thought it was black until your pic of them side by side. 
Maybe I'm old and blind but.. 

2 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Are you sure it isn't a dark brown? 
I thought it was black until your pic of them side by side. 
Maybe I'm old and blind but.. 

It does look brown to me, but I’m also certified color blind. But I can see shades and those colors are not the same. 

In terms of the jerseys, I like the design of the Hawks but the black and white color scheme is boring. I love the Bruins and hope the crest is felt. 

I do think the Bruins one looks better standing alone but I'm betting on ice / in action I'll like the looks of the Hawks more.
I just like that both are a nod to the styles of long ago. 
That NHL 19 concept one looks like someone cut up a poncho ??

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It does look brown to me, but I’m also certified color blind. But I can see shades and those colors are not the same. 

In terms of the jerseys, I like the design of the Hawks but the black and white color scheme is boring. I love the Bruins and hope the crest is felt. 

Crest is felt and Chennille.

7 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Going to be difficult to pay nearly $200 for an ‘authentic’ of these but I want one 

They’re on sale end of today at shop.nhl.com for $142.50. If you’re going to get one early, this might be the best price you’ll get.

I've been out of the loop too for some time now.  So how does it work with addias now?  Are there replicas, indo authentics and then made in canada authentics?  I'm guessing it's just one type of jersey sold everywhere which is made in Indonesia and made in Canadas are not able to be bought anywhere.

8 minutes ago, scarchelli said:

I've been out of the loop too for some time now.  So how does it work with addias now?  Are there replicas, indo authentics and then made in canada authentics?  I'm guessing it's just one type of jersey sold everywhere which is made in Indonesia and made in Canadas are not able to be bought anywhere.

Multiple choices of quality for non authentic and authentic imports. 

Question for those who've bought an Adidas Indo or MIC. Are the Adidas Indo's and MIC's about the same size in 52 as the 2.0's? Might have to settle for an Indo but don't want to play the guessing game with sizes. Thanks!

4 hours ago, scarchelli said:

Retail authentics are made in Indonesia although the quality is more like old Reebok Premiers. Fanatics sells ‘premier’ style jerseys that are more like long sleeve shirts. Game worn jerseys are made in Canada and totally different quality/material than Indo stuff. Only available as game worn/team issued when you can find them 

Don’t see too many people here post about the Winnipeg Jets, but I figured I’d share;

Jets Gear (the official team retailer) has Canadian authentics available for the navy blue home and new Aviator blue alternate jerseys. The smallest size they have is 50, the biggest is 58. They retail for $450 Canadian. 

5 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Retail authentics or team issues?

That’s the question of the day. If they’re retail authentic that is wicked, and surely a great sign for those of us looking to pick up the MiC Adidas...