Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

If they’re team issued, I’m not getting too excited. Although 50s being available, makes me question if they are TI  

I thought the Canucks twitter said a year ago the authentics would eventually come. 

Edited by Phil the Thrill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I remember reading about it here.  I don't remember it being on Canucks twitter, I thought it was just an informal conversation between a member here and a Canucks store employee.  Could be wrong too.

If they have size 50, I’d say that’s a pretty good sign that they’re authentic retail, as these things fit small, and a 50 would never fit even a player like Gaudreau with gear on.....

10 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

If they’re team issued, I’m not getting too excited. Although 50s being available, makes me question if they are TI 

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

If they have size 50, I’d say that’s a pretty good sign that they’re authentic retail, as these things fit small, and a 50 would never fit even a player like Gaudreau with gear on.....

I think there’s a possibility they are all TI’s.  As long as the orders for the jerseys are placed through the team’s equipment manager, Adidas should make them, and there’s nothing to stop the team from providing them to the team store for retail sale.  A long time ago, when most Edge 2.0 models were not yet available for retail, I got my hands on some Kings TI road 2.0’s in size 46, through the Kings team store. The jerseys came with the 2-layer fight strap cover and no retail tagging in the neck.  There were also some 50’s available, as well as the larger sizes, and I believe they were originally ordered through the team.

13 hours ago, MaroonsRoad said:

Don’t see too many people here post about the Winnipeg Jets, but I figured I’d share;

Jets Gear (the official team retailer) has Canadian authentics available for the navy blue home and new Aviator blue alternate jerseys. The smallest size they have is 50, the biggest is 58. They retail for $450 Canadian. 

If they have 58 I would say that they are team issue.  I don't believe they make retail 58 it would be a 60 just like Reebok 2.0.  

23 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

If they have 58 I would say that they are team issue.  I don't believe they make retail 58 it would be a 60 just like Reebok 2.0.  

Correct, I never saw any retail 58’s, it went from 56 to 60. 

One of the FB groups is claiming they are TI, not indos or retail authentics. At least for the Aviator thirds. 

Edited by jsh139

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

One of the FB groups is claiming they are TI, not indos or retail authentics. At least for the Aviator thirds. 

Correct, they are TI jerseys. But still - nice to know that they’re available to the public. Even if they are quite pricey...

22 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I think I remember reading about it here.  I don't remember it being on Canucks twitter, I thought it was just an informal conversation between a member here and a Canucks store employee.  Could be wrong too.

Yup that was me. And the discussion was that the team was ABLE to sell made in a Canada jerseys but the price was $450 CAD and was set by Adidas MSRP based on what Adidas charged the team. The Canucks have sold off some MIC blanks and of course GI and GW already. I do not however know if there is a distinguished difference between the TI and a “Retail” MIC. I would imagine all MIC are Team Issue at this point. “Retail Adidas MIC jerseys” may not become a thing like they did when Reebok did 2.0’s for retail sale. 

Edited by chow_hound

2 minutes ago, chow_hound said:

Yup that was me. And the discussion was that the team was ABLE to sell made in a Canada jerseys but the price was $450 CAD and was set by Adidas MSRP based on what Adidas charged the team. The Canucks have sold off some MIC blanks and of course GI and GW already. I do not however know if there is a distinguished difference between the TI and a “Retail” MIC. I would imagine all MIC are Team Issue at this point. “Retail Adidas MIC jerseys” may not become a thing like they did when Reebok did 2.0’s for retail sale. 

Yeah, I have had 5 of the Canucks Adidas MIC jerseys......one was blank, one was a H. Sedin that I turned into a Boeser, one was Ann Erikkson that I turned into a Pettersson, and now I have two more coming. I paid varying amounts for them, ranging from $450 down to $250 CDN each for the two I have coming this week.....

14 hours ago, tomtucker said:

why? isn't it 48 52 56 that are/were retail sizes ?

For whatever reason, Reebok skipped 48 when they made the Edges. It went 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 58+, 60.

All of this is good news for us.  The jerseys are starting to leak out.  It's happening slowly right now but more and more teams are getting them out there.  The Canucks have been selling them, there were the Avalanche jerseys that showed up on ebay, the Leafs will start selling their game/issued jerseys very soon, etc.

I've said all along it would take time but eventually the jerseys would become available.  

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

All of this is good news for us.  The jerseys are starting to leak out.  It's happening slowly right now but more and more teams are getting them out there.  The Canucks have been selling them, there were the Avalanche jerseys that showed up on ebay, the Leafs will start selling their game/issued jerseys very soon, etc.

I've said all along it would take time but eventually the jerseys would become available.  

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened with Reebok? I always expected it to happen also. I'd like to add a road to go with my home. 

I would probably even pay $400+ which is ridiculous, just because I was excited. But, in doing so, I'd put way more thought into who was going on it than I ordinarily would. I want a Brian Boyle jersey, but as he is only under contract for the rest of this season, I am not sure I would put him on a $450 jersey, plus another $85 to customize and ship both ways. At that point you are getting into gamer cost. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened with Reebok? I always expected it to happen also. I'd like to add a road to go with my home. 

I would probably even pay $400+ which is ridiculous, just because I was excited. But, in doing so, I'd put way more thought into who was going on it than I ordinarily would. I want a Brian Boyle jersey, but as he is only under contract for the rest of this season, I am not sure I would put him on a $450 jersey, plus another $85 to customize and ship both ways. At that point you are getting into gamer cost. 

That's what happened with me -- the most expensive authentic jersey I bought was a black NYI 2.0 from Jersey Baron. Paid $350 for it when it came out because I was excited to get a 2.0.  Paid $75 to customize + patches. Waste.