Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

I can’t tell, but I definitely think those numbers are made of crap material, the way it’s just worn away. Definitely not an improvement and I’m glad my team didn’t go with them. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I already have the jersey packed up to go on it way, but I can confirm the “holes” are just printed on, at least for the Blue Jackets jerseys, that is the way they are. And there is nothing woven about the shoulder patches, it is just printed except of the silver glitter. The jersey is straight from Meigray. Again, this could be just for the CBJ, but if I was a fan and collector of their team, I would be extremely disappointed.

No it shouldn't vary,  the six teams who decided to go with perf #'s should all be consistent.  They are all made by the same vendor, they are then ordered and shipped to the official team crester.

If they are printed then the equipment manager and/or crester has gone and sourced the numbers himself form someone without the laser cutting capabilities.

EPS does Vegas and Ottawa, they are perforated.

Interesting...  Is the Calvert from an early set, or one towards the end of the season?

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I already have the jersey packed up to go on it way, but I can confirm the “holes” are just printed on, at least for the Blue Jackets jerseys, that is the way they are. And there is nothing woven about the shoulder patches, it is just printed except of the silver glitter. The jersey is straight from Meigray. Again, this could be just for the CBJ, but if I was a fan and collector of their team, I would be extremely disappointed.

MIC do not have screen printed patches, for any team.

I opened up the box to take some pictures.

44336278360_6e596e413f_b.jpg45241092295_fc72fa43bc_b.jpg44336277330_b23d54f084_b.jpg45241090045_722a346f2b_b.jpg

This is a preseason jersey, so it is possible that they used a different style of number during this time instead of regular season jerseys, but they are definitely printed on.

And the shoulder patches might not be printed, but they are very smooth feeling, the only thing with texture is the silver part of the patch.

Edited by spudrock512

Those holes look like actual holes to me. Are you sure they’re printed on? They look like they have depth and I can swear I see some threads or dust inside of a few of them. 

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Those holes look like actual holes to me. Are you sure they’re printed on? They look like they have depth and I can swear I see some threads or dust inside of a few of them. 

2nd. The perforations look like actual holes. Zoomed in there appears to be burn marks around each individual hole where they were sealed. Same as a lot of NATO style watch straps. 

I stand corrected, they are holes. However, after looking at my Indo Vegas jersey, those are holes too. 

I guess I was thinking they would be a lot more obvious. I think the single layer twill kind of causes this, same will my retail Vegas Indo. I still don’t like the fake two color single layer twill though. 

Edited by spudrock512

Yeh, those are laser perforated holes. As someone else pointed out, you can see the discoloration around where they are singed. You can probably put a pencil or pen tip in them....  ( just the tip)  Should be same for regular season as well.  Also those are woven patches, it's very tight and very fine - that's whey they're so smooth + The silver metallic thread

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sometimes it just feels like I’m being encouraged...

I think you might need professional help.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, HannuVirta said:

No it shouldn't vary,  the six teams who decided to go with perf #'s should all be consistent.  They are all made by the same vendor, they are then ordered and shipped to the official team crester.

If they are printed then the equipment manager and/or crester has gone and sourced the numbers himself form someone without the laser cutting capabilities.

EPS does Vegas and Ottawa, they are perforated.

Since when does EPS do Ottawa?

18 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

Calling mdwsta: hawks broke out their winter classic praccys today. 

LOL! I was just going to post the same. They look pretty good. Totally different than I would have expected and the gold tomahawks is a great tribute to Notre Dame. I also think it's cool they're wearing the Mikita patch. Downside is this totally screws the project I was hoping to do. Here are still photos of what they'll look like

1544295879840-vi.jpg

1544295875433-vi.jpg

I'll probably still proceed and just create another non-existent Winter Classic jersey. Authentic WC crest w/ Notre Dame shoulder patch and Mikita chest patch on a MIC practice jersey.