JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yes, one to wear to games, but game worn for the collection.

Not that I am ruling out my usual "I'll bid on a game worn up to a point and then get outbid because my bid was unreasonably low" technique, I probably will still do that. 

23 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Speaking of, did you bid/win on any Brodeur HHOF night jerseys? 3 GI's closed under $300. The prices were very reasonable overall as i think a bit of burnout set in. I jumped in with a few hrs to go and got one as i couldn't pass one by in the $400's.

No, I did exactly what I said with respect to those as well lol.

I actually bid pretty aggressively on the Boyle GI, but it went over $400 and I said adieu at that point. I was then in on the Kinkaid and Schneider. For reasons that will become more apparent in the Arrivals thread, I should have been more aggressive on the Schneider. Oh well. 

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

okay, but if folks buy these, the real ones will never be made available.... wasn't that the mantra a while back?

As I pointed out at a time, that mantra is stupid. 100 collectors not buying those jerseys isn’t going to do a thing. 99% of the public doesn’t give a sh!t.  Neither does the league, neither does Adidas. You could protest outside their office every day naked and they would never listen to you. 

I would point out also, this same hysteria took place when Reebok made the edge jerseys, They were not available, and then later they were. Adidas jerseys will be available at some point. What you choose to do in the meantime will have no effect on that.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

As I pointed out at a time, that mantra is stupid. 100 collectors not buying those jerseys isn’t going to do a thing. 99% of the public doesn’t give a sh!t.  Neither does the league, neither does Adidas. You could protest outside their office every day naked and they would never listen to you. 

I would point out also, this same hysteria took place when Reebok made the edge jerseys, They were not available, and then later they were. Adidas jerseys will be available at some point. What you choose to do in the meantime will have no effect on that.

I 100% agree with your first part.

I am assuming in your second part that you mean the Edge 2.0's when they switched from vector to wordmark?  I could have sworn when they released the Edge 1.0's in 2007 that they had the MiC ones available to the public from pretty much day 1.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

I 100% agree with your first part.

I am assuming in your second part that you mean the Edge 2.0's when they switched from vector to wordmark?  I could have sworn when they released the Edge 1.0's in 2007 that they had the MiC ones available to the public from pretty much day 1.

I wasn't in the hobby in 2007, so I don't know. But I think that's probably right, now that you mention it I have heard that discussed. 

In any event, I still suspect the Adidas blanks will become available at some point, it would only make sense. But then again, having them from the beginning would have also made sense. I mean, are there SOME people who bought an Indo "authentic" that would look at Canadian jerseys today and say "nah, I don't need that because I have the other one"? Probably so. 

In 2007, with the roll-out of the edge 1.0, the authentics sold at retail were made in Canada.  I want to say Indo-edges didn't become a thing until the switchover to the word mark but I'm not 100% on that.

Since teams bunked on the 1.0's almost immediately and switched to 2.0's the crazies like us here all wanted that 2.0 jersey.  How was Reebok supposed to sell the 1.0 and 2.0 Canadian made jerseys at retail simultaneously?  How could they market that?  Hey fans, here's a brand new jersey you can buy to replace the jersey you bought two months ago because, as it turns out, the players absolutely hated the first ones we came out with. 

I would have loved to sit in on some of those board meetings at Reebok where some high ups had to pretty much explain to the higher ups that all the research, development, testing, etc they spent millions on to make the 1.0 jersey basically got thrown to the curb by the players after maybe a couple of months.

5 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I want to say Indo-edges didn't become a thing until the switchover to the word mark but I'm not 100% on that.

Correct, the Indos came out during the 2011/12 season.

Wait,
Wasn't there a 1.0 version that was lower grade?
Not necessarily made in Indonisa but a lower grade?

Pretty sure I have 2 of them, and no, they're not from China.

The black band in the collar that said RBK or Reebok is just black, I'm at work but if my memory serves it had a size tag that says Made In Canada but the overall construction was poor, like no double elbows and I think the entire thing is edge material (not the air-knit in sections) it has a legit fight strap.

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 minute ago, Hockey Bob said:

Wait,
Wasn't there a 1.0 version that was lower grade?
Not necessarily made in Indonisa but a lower grade?

Pretty sure I have 2 of them, and no, they're not from China.

The black band in the collar that said RBK or Reebok is just black, I'm at work but if my memory serves it had a size tag that says Made In Canada but the overall construction was poor, like no double elbows and I think the entire thing is edge material (not the air-knit in sections)

That sounds like a regular Edge 1.0.  No double elbows and all Edge material was the 1.0.

I actually like the 1.0 jerseys, the material is pretty comfortable for wearing. That said, I have long arms and don't have the sleeve issue that many people have with them. 

I'm also not playing hockey in them so whether or not they wick sweat effectively is irrelevant to me. 

Not to say I don't think the 2.0 are better, the material is certainly more durable and more "hockey jersey-like". 

I don't like the 1.0s that much.  The bubble mesh, or whatever it's called on the front and sleeves, is just bad.  It's stretchy, which is nice, but it snags easily and feels too soft.  I do like the shoulder material, though.  I think that's the X-trafil.  I keep getting them mixed up.  Either way, I don't like the front/sleeve material and the lack of elbow reinforcement and sandwiching on the fight strap make it feel cheap to me.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I don't like the 1.0s that much.  The bubble mesh, or whatever it's called on the front and sleeves, is just bad.  It's stretchy, which is nice, but it snags easily and feels too soft.  I do like the shoulder material, though.  I think that's the X-trafil.  I keep getting them mixed up.  Either way, I don't like the front/sleeve material and the lack of elbow reinforcement and sandwiching on the fight strap make it feel cheap to me.

Plus, you need those things when you're out on the street. Nobody wants their jersey pulled over their head in a fight. 

I’ve said it before, but if the Reebok 1.0 was made entirely of xtrafil it would be my favorite jersey design. Ultrafil is still my favorite material, and I’ve grown to appreciate the edge cut. Put the two together and you get perfection. As a collector at least. Couldn’t imaging playing in ultrafil due to the weight

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Plus, you need those things when you're out on the street. Nobody wants their jersey pulled over their head in a fight. 

🤣 Exactly!  Be prepared, my man.  Boy Scouts' motto.

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

I’ve said it before, but if the Reebok 1.0 was made entirely of xtrafil it would be my favorite jersey design. Ultrafil is still my favorite material, and I’ve grown to appreciate the edge cut. Put the two together and you get perfection. As a collector at least. Couldn’t imaging playing in ultrafil due to the weight

Back when I played, before people were total p*ssies, nobody cared about how much their jersey weighed. ;) 

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Ok stupid question; does the Adizeros come in size 58?

No, I believe they go from 56 to 60.....

Correct, the retail Indonesian jerseys do not come in 58, same was true of retail Edge jerseys. 

The team issued MIC jerseys do, also following the Edge. 

On 12/17/2018 at 12:15 PM, mfitz804 said:

I'm in!

No discounts but 90 days to return. So if they discount it later and still have your size in stock, buy another one and do the old presto change-o....

Mine’s going back. I could’ve dealt with the poor quality in the meantime, but I forgot how bad the sizing is on these as well. They run drastically small, more so than the MIC. The Size 60 I bought is probably equivalent to an Edge 56 at best, possibly even a 54. Not gonna work for me.

And so it goes, I’ll have to make a stronger attempt on a GI or lightly GW at the appropriate time. 

I feel your pain. I wanted to try and live with the reduced quality last year when they first came out, but the fit was just so awful that I could not justify spending anything on the product, no matter how inexpensive compared to a true authentic or gamer. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:04 PM, KB67 said:

No, I believe they go from 56 to 60.....

Thanks!

On 12/21/2018 at 10:02 PM, mfitz804 said:

Correct, the retail Indonesian jerseys do not come in 58, same was true of retail Edge jerseys. 

The team issued MIC jerseys do, also following the Edge. 

Thanks and what a crock of $&@% lol.  The 60 is way too large for me while the 56 is ever so snug on me.  58 would probably fit me but I guess adidas doesn't want to bother.

I guess all the more reason for my fat Arse to drop a few pounds this new year lol.