Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

Adidas has pulled this Parley nonsense in MLS for the last few years. The jerseys looked cheesy and counterfeit. The NHL ones don't look any different.

calen-susannah-parley.png
DbOysQdWAAA867w.jpg:large

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NHL tries too hard sometimes/often.  The game has organic roots, a less contrived approach is better.  And if they cared about jerseys impact on the environment they wouldn't make them in/support economically the countries that are among the biggest contributors to the problem (and that's NOT Canada or the USA).

Edited by LondonGardens

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

All this Parley talk has me thinking of pirates of the Caribbean 

D@mn to the depths whatever muttonhead thought up parley!

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

When the Adidas first came out I bought a Taylor Hall just to check it out knowing I could return it for free. The customizing was an absolute joke. Plastic letters and numbers. Sent it right on back. 

Good to know. I talked to a couple people who ordered from them recently and they said the quality was fine. I ordered one and will post pics when I get it. If it sucks I’ll send it back 

6 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

They probably send those at SAP to their actual customizer. Whatever you get from Fanatics will be garbage plastic.

I thought of that and actually asked. They said they get a lot directly from adidas pre customized of star players (Burns, Karlsson) but then will send away a bunch of blanks to their customizer to get others done based on demand. 

I mean it depends how much of a stickler you are for accuracy. A lot of us here are pretty paranoid, so we think of anything related to Fanatics/Adidas Indos as garbage. Mass public is another story.

8 hours ago, joe2heatley said:

Good to know. I talked to a couple people who ordered from them recently and they said the quality was fine. I ordered one and will post pics when I get it. If it sucks I’ll send it back 

Depends on the people. Those of us who are serious collectors who want 100% accuracy, we won’t ever be happy. 

9 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

NHL tries too hard sometimes/often.  The game has organic roots, a less contrived approach is better.  And if they cared about jerseys impact on the environment they wouldn't make them in/support economically the countries that are among the biggest contributors to the problem (and that's NOT Canada or the USA).

I read somewhere that 80% of all the plastic that is floating in the Pacific Ocean is from China.  Yet we are the ones who are forced to drink out of those awful paper straws.

Yes I know first world problems lol.

10 hours ago, joe2heatley said:

I talked to a couple people who ordered from them recently and they said the quality was fine.

Probably the same people that also think that the Indo-zero jersey quality is great.

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Probably the same people that also think that the Indo-zero jersey quality is great.

Or the r/hockeyjerseys crowd.

btw I checked it out again earlier today for the first time in about 8 weeks and yeah it's as bad as everyone says.

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Or the r/hockeyjerseys crowd.

btw I checked it out again earlier today for the first time in about 8 weeks and yeah it's as bad as everyone says.

The thread about the $10 Oil Drop Thrift Shop find pretty much summarizes it.

4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Or the r/hockeyjerseys crowd

That place is pretty frustrating for anyone that doesn't collect replica jerseys or those that didn't know what a hockey jersey was until Adidas took over.

5 hours ago, guam64 said:

It must be the same Sharks fans that think Brent Burns is good defensively.

Hey now he’s been pretty good lately! Not just talking about the offensive numbers he’s been putting up. Him and Karlsson played most of the Tampa game and shut down their top guys. But anyway I’m off topic. 

I saw fanatics and NHL shop have the all the blanks up now. 

Question on for you guys. The fanatics replicas have the ASG patch on the left shoulder. But I read online it will be on the right shoulder. Also when watching the Preds/Hawks game yesterday at intermission there was some bit where Subban gave Jossi and Rinne their jerseys and the patch was on the right shoulder. What gives? 

Edit: also just trying to be helpful but if you guys are looking to pick up the blanks and are Costco members you can buy $100 fanatics gift cards for $80 online. So $200 jersey for $160 plus tax 

Edited by joe2heatley

4 hours ago, joe2heatley said:

The fanatics replicas have the ASG patch on the left shoulder. But I read online it will be on the right shoulder. Also when watching the Preds/Hawks game yesterday at intermission there was some bit where Subban gave Jossi and Rinne their jerseys and the patch was on the right shoulder. What gives? 

If you read it online it must be true. If you saw players handing each other’s jerseys with the patch location in the same place as you read online that corroborates the statement. I would never use a fanatics jersey as a reference for anything.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, lankyman01 said:

Well Stars fans, now is your chance to score what I assume they are advertising as your MiC Stars jersey!  Not 100% sure as some sizes are missing.  Price is INSANE!

http://hangarhockey.com/dallas-stars-adidas-custom-authentic-jersey/

Wow!

The picture is an Indo. I actually don’t see anything in the ad even saying they aware Canadian.

I bought 3 of each size just in case. ;)