Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

Here's some further advertising, this is directly from the Adidas website:

OILERS ALTERNATE AUTHENTIC JERSEY

THE OFFICIAL ALTERNATE JERSEY OF THE EDMONTON OILERS.

Join the rush with your favorite team in this third jersey that pays respects to the Oilers' 40th anniversary. The hockey jersey is just like the one the team wears on the ice for select games. It's made of lightweight, sweat-wicking fabric to keep you comfortable.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or the following:

DUCKS HOME AUTHENTIC PRO JERSEY

THE OFFICIAL TEAM JERSEY OF THE ANAHEIM DUCKS.

Never doubt the Ducks. This men's hockey jersey is the same one the team wears as they pull off stunning rallies and near-impossible victories. It's made of sweat-wicking climalite® fabric with a team crest to show everyone who you root for.

Ah, the Blackhawks stuff doesn't say that on shop.nhl.com. 

I'm sure they'd lose in a lawsuit but who is suing anytime soon?

also, being in retail/advertising myself, "just like" is pretty ambiguous. "The same as" is not, and could be successfully contested. Shocked they don't have a disclaimer somewhere.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Now wait a minute, those examples  mfitz804 posted here clearly shows false advertising.  wish we could get someone with authority to spread the truth, that adidas is lying, and have, and still are,  making millions upon millions of dollars selling lies. this is without a doubt illegal activity. 

Jerseygate 2019? 

Millions upon millions selling lies. Probably a bit dramatic. It would be interesting to see how many get returned because of this or if those who know avoid them and those who don't know either don't care and/or are happy with their pricey, disposable clothing?

A lawsuit isn't feasible. It would be cost prohibitive, unless you were able to bring a class-action, in which only the lawyers really make any money. A dude who bought a $180 jersey would be damaged $180 maximum, and likely less because what you got was a replica, which sell for $130, and it might even be slightly better than a Fanatics replica. In other words, the "injuries" parties would get next to nothing. 

As much as I hate what Adidas is doing, the only thing that would come out of it is a Class Action Lawsuit - and the only purpose of those is to make lawyers money.  The lawyers typically make about around 30% of the total awarded amount, where each consumer would get something like .001% of what was awarded.  Then Adidas would just have to slightly change the wording for future jerseys. 

BTW, I'm not an anti-lawyer, I just don't like things like this.

Find a jersey collecting lawyer willing to bring it before the NAD (not sure they'd do it) on our behalf, pro bono, make a case, then let them rule on it.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

40 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Find a jersey collecting lawyer willing to bring it before the NAD (not sure they'd do it) on our behalf, pro bono, make a case, then let them rule on it.

I am not willing. 

50 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

mfitz804 - you beat me to it!

You're 100% right. We represented a group of aggrieved stockholders once that had a class action potentially worth $10 billion. If we hit on it, we were all going to be rich. My boss literally said we were all going to retire. 

Unfortunately, as it sometimes happens, their entire claim was bullish!t and we wound up not taking the case. 

Of course i know lawsuits and stuff like that won't work. Not enough money to gain for any  customer.

Just a shame a company can get away with lying to their customers, and make a fortune doing it. 

But in  the age of social media, it should be possible to start one of those notorious sh!tstoms that companies have to take serious.  Just need some persons with just a bit of authority to get the ball rolling. 

5 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Of course i know lawsuits and stuff like that won't work. Not enough money to gain for any  customer.

Just a shame a company can get away with lying to their customers, and make a fortune doing it. 

But in  the age of social media, it should be possible to start one of those notorious sh!tstoms that companies have to take serious.  Just need some persons with just a bit of authority to get the ball rolling. 

I don't think enough people care to literally make it into a federal case.  The masses are just happy they have something that is labeled as "authentic" and is $100+ cheaper than the last thing labeled "authentic"

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I don't think enough people care to literally make it into a federal case.  The masses are just happy they have something that is labeled as "authentic" and is $100+ cheaper than the last thing labeled "authentic"

Of course, i know that. it's just so frustrating that adidas gets away with it. 

That sissy Trudeau should demand more Canadian made products,  these jerseys should be made in canada not in asia, and  thereby creating canadian jobs. Just like your  american president Trump was disappointed with Apple for moving production to asia. 

Can't believe canadians voted for that idiot 🤢 🤮, one day marching  at the gay parade, next day at  prayer in the mosque, yeah, moron,  those groups really love each other,  he is such an asskisser,  ..... what about focusing on blue collar   canadians that need work! 

I am from europe, i know this bullsh!t ain't gonna work in the long run..... 

Make Canada great again, and sell those fu*king MIC jerseys to the public........😅🤣 😉

We have to remember that we're in the minority, and by a wide margin. To us, the term "authentic" means on-ice. It used to be that way in the industry too, but since counterfeit garbage has become a thing for sports jerseys, the term "authentic" today simply means that it's not counterfeit. 

Using one of the Adidas advertising examples above... "just like the one the team wears on the ice" is honestly not lying. It's capitalizing on stupid people. Still dirty but pick a retail industry today and you get the same sh!t for quality descriptions. "Just like" does not mean the exact same thing. 

Side note, I did manage to communicate with the Canucks a few months ago, to the point where they offered to sell me an on-ice Adidas blank jersey... for the great price of $500 CDN. Of course my response wasn't polite.

Edited by Van67

52 minutes ago, Van67 said:

We have to remember that we're in the minority, and by a wide margin. To us, the term "authentic" means on-ice. It used to be that way in the industry too, but since counterfeit garbage has become a thing for sports jerseys, the term "authentic" today simply means that it's not counterfeit. 

Using one of the Adidas advertising examples above... "just like the one the team wears on the ice" is honestly not lying. It's capitalizing on stupid people. Still dirty but pick a retail industry today and you get the same sh!t for quality descriptions. "Just like" does not mean the exact same thing. 

Side note, I did manage to communicate with the Canucks a few months ago, to the point where they offered to sell me an on-ice Adidas blank jersey... for the great price of $500 CDN. Of course my response wasn't polite.

Seems strange that they would sell a blank for more than their game worn ones.....they just have not really wanted to sell it. If they’re willing to do that next season when the (4) New Jersey’s All come out.....I might bite. 

35 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Did we ever figure out how much the teams actually pay Adidas for the jerseys?

They sell the replicas to retailers for about $105, with a retail of about $200 on them.....so maybe $200-$250 to the teams for the MIC?

8 hours ago, Van67 said:

I don’t know, retail on a Reebok blank was $300. $375 US for the “updated” Adidas blank, coupled with the fact that you cannot buy them in stores, seems about right.

”Right”, of course, being a relative term.