JunkyardAthletic

Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

6 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Exactly, some of you guys in the US or canada should send an email to a reporter or newspaper/TV station, whatever..... might even get a re-ward  if they do the story. 

Reward? From where? 

9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

As long as it's cheap and resembles what the players wear it's good enough for them. 

And that's precisely why Adidas isn't selling the MICs at retail. Collectors like us who insist on the real deal are a small niche. It's not worthwhile financially for Adidas to manufacture extra jerseys for retail when they know that many of them will sit unsold and most fans will pass them by because of the availability of a less-expensive alternative.

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

And that's precisely why Adidas isn't selling the MICs at retail. Collectors like us who insist on the real deal are a small niche. It's not worthwhile financially for Adidas to manufacture extra jerseys for retail when they know that many of them will sit unsold and most fans will pass them by because of the availability of a less-expensive alternative.

Correct. Add to that that our small niche knows where to get them and is willing to pay extra to obtain them from team sources, and there’s your answer. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Correct. Add to that that our small niche knows where to get them and is willing to pay extra to obtain them from team sources, and there’s your answer. 

Which is where JB would come in handy. Work with Adidas to obtain a large selection, take the retail/marketing work off their hands and be a one-stop shop for collectors. 

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't know.......and pay  even more than JB? No. 

Maybe they are others in my shoes as well

5 hours ago, tomtucker said:

I don't know.......and pay  even more than JB? No. 

Maybe they are others in my shoes as well

Incorrect. From slightly less to slightly more, yes. I have several bought for under $300,  which is around what JB’s full price on Reebok jerseys was before they were discontinued.

I’m excluding game worn of course, that those are more expensive is a given. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Incorrect. From slightly less to slightly more, yes. I have several bought for under $300,  which is around what JB’s full price on Reebok jerseys was before they were discontinued.

I’m excluding game worn of course, that those are more expensive is a given. 

I see.. thanks... but these are not available for euroscum like  me right?  

i would have liked a caps adidas last year, anyone got one and if so,  how? 👀

Edited by tomtucker

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

I see.. thanks... but these are not available for euroscum like  me right?  

i would have liked a caps adidas last year, anyone got one and if so,  how? 👀

Not sure if MeiGray ships to Europe. If not, maybe someone would help you out. 

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/itemcatalog.aspx?searchtype=3&search=Washington+capitals

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/itemcatalog.aspx?searchtype=3&search=Washington+capitals

They ship to Australia, so I don't see a reason why they wouldn't ship to Europe.

1 hour ago, perthisthereason said:

They ship to Australia, so I don't see a reason why they wouldn't ship to Europe.

Then I think Mr. Tucker should have no issues. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I see, thanks..... but you guys have to buy a player jersey and then strip it, there have not been any blank jerseys available? 

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

I see, thanks..... but you guys have to buy a player jersey and then strip it, there have not been any blank jerseys available? 

Rarely. But that’s what I’m talking about. Most of us crazy collectors wouldn’t mind having to strip one to get what we want when they are otherwise unavailable. 

Otherwise, pick a player’s GI and go with that so you can have the elusive Adidas jersey. Were I a Caps fan, a Tom Wilson GI would have been great for me. 

On that topic, it looks like the Caps have a TON of Adidas GI’s available, even for star players. Anyone know why that is?

Edited by mfitz804

Since the NBA has stolen the trophy presentation on the court (it was always back in the locker room until about 10 years or ago), and the awards ceremony on tv, I would like to see the NHL steal an idea from them. On the back collar of any team that has won a title, they have a little gold patch on the back collar with an outline of the trophy and the number of titles won on top of it. I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups. 

thumbnail.jpg

14 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

Since the NBA has stolen the trophy presentation on the court (it was always back in the locker room until about 10 years or ago), and the awards ceremony on tv, I would like to see the NHL steal an idea from them. On the back collar of any team that has won a title, they have a little gold patch on the back collar with an outline of the trophy and the number of titles won on top of it. I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups. 

thumbnail.jpg

Some teams are doing it inside the collar. I think its a pretty cool idea. 

One more thing to have to reproduce in order for your authentic jerseys to not be fouls 😐

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Some teams are doing it inside the collar. I think its a pretty cool idea. 

Our beloved Devils do this, no? 

24 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Our beloved Devils do this, no? 

We haven't exactly accepted you yet so its not "our" Devils, but yes. Cup years inside the collar. i didn't have a picture, so i zoomed and cropped one, which is why its blurry, but you get the point. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.31.01 AM

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We haven't exactly accepted you yet so its not "our" Devils, but yes. Cup years inside the collar. i didn't have a picture, so i zoomed and cropped one, which is why its blurry, but you get the point. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.31.01 AM

That's fine, I'll go back to the Flyers family. I see how you roll. 

2 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups. 

It's easy to do that with the World Cup because it happens once every 4 years. For club soccer, each domestic league has its own rules, if any at all. I'm a PSV Eindhoven supporter (Netherlands) and we have two stars above our logo, each signifies 10 domestic titles won. We need to win another 6 titles before we get a 3rd star. The UEFA Champions League does have a patch with the number of title wins for teams to wear when they play in the CL. To get that, you need to win 5 titles. The exception to that, and the reason why Ajax wears a patch with '4', is you get this patch quicker than 5 if you win 3 consecutive CL titles.

Point I'm making... gotta make winning titles a bit of a habit for club soccer. For the NHL, I wouldn't mind a patch the season when you defend the Stanley Cup, but anything permanent on the outside of the jersey... not really feeling that as hockey culture. 

17 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Rarely. But that’s what I’m talking about. Most of us crazy collectors wouldn’t mind having to strip one to get what we want when they are otherwise unavailable. 

Otherwise, pick a player’s GI and go with that so you can have the elusive Adidas jersey. Were I a Caps fan, a Tom Wilson GI would have been great for me. 

On that topic, it looks like the Caps have a TON of Adidas GI’s available, even for star players. Anyone know why that is?

right.... but 400 for a wilson jersey + duty is too much for me 😞 

these adidas  jersey are not as nice as the reeboks right? 

is it the felt shoulder patches that makes the jersey feel - look  cheaper? 

28 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

right.... but 400 for a wilson jersey + duty is too much for me 😞 

these adidas  jersey are not as nice as the reeboks right? 

is it the felt shoulder patches that makes the jersey feel - look  cheaper? 

Hehehe...duty. 

I happen to like the Adidas jerseys better than the Reebok, but that could just be personal taste. 

3 hours ago, Van67 said:

It's easy to do that with the World Cup because it happens once every 4 years. For club soccer, each domestic league has its own rules, if any at all. I'm a PSV Eindhoven supporter (Netherlands) and we have two stars above our logo, each signifies 10 domestic titles won. We need to win another 6 titles before we get a 3rd star. The UEFA Champions League does have a patch with the number of title wins for teams to wear when they play in the CL. To get that, you need to win 5 titles. The exception to that, and the reason why Ajax wears a patch with '4', is you get this patch quicker than 5 if you win 3 consecutive CL titles.

Point I'm making... gotta make winning titles a bit of a habit for club soccer. For the NHL, I wouldn't mind a patch the season when you defend the Stanley Cup, but anything permanent on the outside of the jersey... not really feeling that as hockey culture. 

I think it's a fun idea for one offs like Winter Classic/Stadium series, but I agree that it's not really the culture, especially if your last cup was years or decades ago. Up until 2010, i doubt anyone in Chicago wanted a reminder of how long it's been since 1961. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

43F17B838E5516083791F1197D4C8D6819D6A141

6 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

On the back collar of any team that has won a title, they have a little gold patch on the back collar with an outline of the trophy and the number of titles won on top of it. I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups.

I like the idea in theory, but keep it on the inside collar or somewhere not externally facing. I, personally, think the gold patches look extremely tacky on NBA jerseys. I didn't mind the Olympic jerseys from a few years ago where they put medals on the sleeves, but you're talking a limited jersey and a game that's played every 4 years. Too much for an NHL jersey and an annual cup