Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, perthisthereason said:

Brad+Marchand+reaction+after+Bsto.gif

16 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

62077891_2459652344078758_80398079241848

Ok, you got me.  This content will be allowed and quoted at nauseam

3 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Going forward, any and all Boston Bruins content that is posted here will be promptly deleted by me.

😅

Speaking of which, anyone else think the new bruins numbers look cheaper compared to their previous numbers?

Name might be easier to read, but number look cheaper imo, the extra black "layer"  on the old jersey is nice

Edited by tomtucker

14 hours ago, tomtucker said:

😅

Speaking of which, anyone else think the new bruins numbers look cheaper compared to their previous numbers?

Name might be easier to read, but number look cheaper imo, the extra black "layer"  on the old jersey is nice

On the bright side, at least it makes having a Bruins jersey customized easier since there's no special method needed any more. It's just layered.

32 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

On the bright side, at least it makes having a Bruins jersey customized easier since there's no special method needed any more. It's just layered.

I’m not sure about that.  Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks to me that the letters and numbers are all single layer, with the colors dyed directly onto the twill.  A line of stitching is run through the border between the 2 colors to simulate 2 separate layers, but I think it’s just one layer.

6 minutes ago, Zack845 said:

LAK is right. Single layer, sublimated color with stitching between the "layers". Custom Crafted said it was done to save weight., but it's disappointing compared to the old triple layer numbers they had.

They look very bad. 

1 hour ago, Zack845 said:

LAK is right. Single layer, sublimated color with stitching between the "layers". Custom Crafted said it was done to save weight., but it's disappointing compared to the old triple layer numbers they had.

I appreciate you backing me up here, so I kind of feel like a jerk for asking this, but weren’t the 3-“layer” numbers also just one layer sublimated?  Well, at least for the Edges, and I don’t know how far back that would go.  It seems that when the numbers get damaged from game use, the surface colors get scraped off, and you can see the white twill base underneath all the “layers,” like on this gamer:

Bruins Edge #

Anyone know for sure, and if so, how far back this one-layer construction went?

I'm fairly certain Boston's 3-colour numbers had the middle colour  sublimated and stiched around the edge of the second layer. (So 2-stacked, 3-colour just like the Blues used to do.)

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I’m not sure about that.  Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks to me that the letters and numbers are all single layer, with the colors dyed directly onto the twill.  A line of stitching is run through the border between the 2 colors to simulate 2 separate layers, but I think it’s just one layer.

Well, I'll be damned. I just took a closer look at my JFK gamer and you're right!

2 hours ago, Van67 said:

I'm fairly certain Boston's 3-colour numbers had the middle colour  sublimated and stiched around the edge of the second layer. (So 2-stacked, 3-colour just like the Blues used to do.)

I think you’re right, but I also think that was true during the 6100 years, and not necessarily through the Edge years.  The picture I just posted is an Edge, and it looks to me that all the colors are sublimated.  Where’s AngeloS76 when you need him?  😄

Cool pics, thanks!

You wanna see the ultimate example of CC sloppiness on a gamer?  This looks like someone took a 3-“layer” A and used a permanent marker to cover up the white strip!

07/08 Bruins

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Adding fake stitching (well, real but unnecessary) is super cheesy. 

Well, it's also super-cheap which would fit Jeremy Jacobs' M.O.

Just now, TheKevinShow said:

Well, it's also super-cheap which would fit Jeremy Jacobs' M.O.

Arguably, just leaving the sublimated numbers without the stitching would be cheaper, and lighter for that matter. 

22 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I appreciate you backing me up here, so I kind of feel like a jerk for asking this, but weren’t the 3-“layer” numbers also just one layer sublimated?  Well, at least for the Edges, and I don’t know how far back that would go.  It seems that when the numbers get damaged from game use, the surface colors get scraped off, and you can see the white twill base underneath all the “layers,” like on this gamer:

Bruins Edge #

Anyone know for sure, and if so, how far back this one-layer construction went?

You are still correct LAK - the 3-layer stitch went away sometime before the Edge's came around, and since the Edge 1.0s. I can confirm the numbers and the nameplate are all sublimated with stitching to 'break-up' the layers. 

Savard Away Edge 1.0 prepped to game standards from Custom Crafted - numbers are 3 color sublimated on one layer with gold stitching and white stitching, nameplate is two color, with gold and black stitching. 

wt3kJfi.jpg

C13kMOR.jpg

1GnmXoJ.jpg

AFq8EcY.jpg

Team Issued Chara Winter Classic style jersey - two color sublimated with gold and brown stitching. 

STPPVKe.jpg

ihgekGw.jpg

20 hours ago, LAK74 said:

You wanna see the ultimate example of CC sloppiness on a gamer?  This looks like someone took a 3-“layer” A and used a permanent marker to cover up the white strip!

07/08 Bruins

Yeah - the name plate letters are only supposed to be 2 color (also check out this Mei Grey game worn Backes with the 'A') - and a quick search of every other jersey they have available going back to the first generation 1.0s are all 2 color for the lettering - Would be interesting to learn more about that gamer LAK, when was it used?90990a_lg.jpeg 

Zach, thanks for the awesome pics and the confirmation!  

And the crappy A is from a Savard 07/08 1.0 as well!

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2007_08_Marc_Savard_Boston_Bruins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-4371-120.html

Edited by LAK74

54 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

it looks screen printed on in my opinion 

Yeah, I already acknowledged that I was wrong, especially after looking at my JFK gamer. It’s one layer of twill with a separate color printed onto it.