Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

26 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

JFK gamer? Jeez man....what did you use to get the blood stains out?

Wow. That was amazing. I almost lost my head. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

You guys are going to hell 😂

Or at least back and to the left....back...and to the left.

You gotta be careful about those road games in Dallas.

10 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, I already acknowledged that I was wrong, especially after looking at my JFK gamer. It’s one layer of twill with a separate color printed onto it. 

Wow, really? I had no idea, i was just going with what i could see on TV......  so it's just one layer.

But i don't think it's the printing that ruins it, it's the yellow numbers with a white outline, it looks washed out.....there should be a black line in the numbers someway, somehow.

Like the blues use 3 colors in their numbers.  what you guys think?

cut.jpg

usa_st_louis_blues_nhl_playoffs.jpg?itok

FYI, EPS says they'll do the Bruins sublimated/stitched style for $85. If you're willing to look past the fact that their font may not be perfect, they'll do the proper Bruins style and your jerseys won't be held hostage by a company that is impossible to get a hold of.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

FYI, EPS says they'll do the Bruins sublimated/stitched style for $85. If you're willing to look past the fact that their font may not be perfect, they'll do the proper Bruins style and your jerseys won't be held hostage by a company that is impossible to get a hold of.

Their Bruins font really doesn’t look very good; that would be enough for me to avoid using them for Boston stuff.

I have to say this thread has been quite interesting and informative lately bringing these Bruins customizations under the microscope.  How long have they been doing the sublimated "layers"? 

I have a 2010 Winter Classic jersey, which I'm pretty sure is a felt customization, but are they actual layers brown on cream or is it just single layer sublimation?  I was planning on sending it to Keener since they have the proper Edge nameplates but I'm not sure if I need to mention anything about the layers or lack thereof?

3 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I have to say this thread has been quite interesting and informative lately bringing these Bruins customizations under the microscope.  How long have they been doing the sublimated "layers"? 

I have a 2010 Winter Classic jersey, which I'm pretty sure is a felt customization, but are they actual layers brown on cream or is it just single layer sublimation?  I was planning on sending it to Keener since they have the proper Edge nameplates but I'm not sure if I need to mention anything about the layers or lack thereof?

It's also sublimated felt. I had 2 of the B's yellow sweaters, the first was done by EPS (Bucyk, two layers stitched) because I was dealing with an issue with the owner, and found the EPS customization wasn't exact enough comparing it to what I could find on the game used jerseys, though I'd note their name plate material looks spot on, though the color is a bit off in direct light. The second one I wound up going back to have done at Custom Crafted (Bergeron, sublimated one layer of felt) - and while the customization is spot on (for obvious reasons), the nameplate material is something completely different. The color matches the jersey better, but it's 100% different material than anything else on the sweater. 

EPS - back number

CvYB0Nj.jpg

EPS - Nameplate and lettering 

VreUzWi.jpg

EPS - Captain's 'C' 

NscNV60.jpg

EPS - Arm number, nameplate, lettering and back number

1vh8dDE.jpg

Custom Crafted - Arm number and back number

0WopLTl.jpg

UeF3Wny.jpg

Custom Crafted - Nameplate and lettering (you can also see the original white of the felt showing through the stitching)

sfUHkuV.jpg

Custom Crafted - Alternate Captain's 'A' (you can see the same white felt material at the top of the 'A')

peeAjna.jpg 

SgZJWmR.jpg

Wow, thanks for the picks and info Zack! At least I know what I'm working towards with my blank now.  And that CC nameplate is not at all close, looks more like ultrafil.

Ok, now I’m starting to question if I had my three Bruins done correctly by Keener. Does anyone have a late 90s CCM and/or a Koho and/or a Reebok 6100 gamer that they’d be willing to share photos of the customization of? I know that @LAK74 and I had a fair bit of discussion about this back when Keener did my jerseys but all of this discussion has me wondering. All of the photos I have aren’t as clear as what’s been shared here. 

A shame adidas isn't selling these. Wonder if they had been available if Nike had gotten the contract instead?

But Nike  take over MLB instead.

Don't think i would buy a jersey though, Nike sure are some f***ing idiots,  hear the latest about the US flag shoes  that craperdick got Nike to pull?

I am not even american and this sh!t makes me puke! Nike is Fuc*** garbage 🤢🤮 ........ 🖕

Edited by tomtucker

15 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

A shame adidas isn't selling these. Wonder if they had been available if Nike had gotten the contract instead?

But Nike  take over MLB instead.

Don't think i would buy a jersey though, Nike sure are some f***ing idiots,  hear the latest about the US flag shoes  that craperdick got Nike to pull?

I am not even american and this sh!t makes me puke! Nike is Fuc*** garbage 🤢🤮 ........ 🖕

Being a big baseball guy, I've heard that the Nike setup will be similar to that of the NBA/NHL setup. Fanatics will produce replicas (even referring to a fanatics product as a replica is a disgrace to the word replica) and then Nike will produce authentics. Whether the authentics replicate those of on field or not remains to be seen. Currently for the NBA Nike does sell both the swingman (step up from the Fanatics line - swingmans are comparable to the Adi-Indos) and then the authentics in limited runs.

Needless to say, if Nike does copy the Adidas model with the NHL, I will be sticking with the Majestic stuff.

New to the forum here. Little off topic question...is it impossible to find a place that can customize a jersey to the exact number and letter font sizes worn on the ice?  I’ve customized around 7 or 8 Reebok 2.0 Edge jerseys and notice that the sleeve numbers especially are a bit smaller. And this is even from the official team customizers. Can someone help me out with this?

They shouldn’t be smaller if you went with the official team customizer and asked for on-ice specs.  Unless your jerseys are very small, like size 46, in which case sometimes customizers are forced to shrink the lettering somewhat so that it can fit within the smaller confines of a jersey that small.  I also assume that you are comparing your jobs to actual game worn jerseys of the same season?  Can you tell us which teams and which seasons you got your jerseys lettered for?

34 minutes ago, Schlepprock32 said:

New to the forum here. Little off topic question...is it impossible to find a place that can customize a jersey to the exact number and letter font sizes worn on the ice?  I’ve customized around 7 or 8 Reebok 2.0 Edge jerseys and notice that the sleeve numbers especially are a bit smaller. And this is even from the official team customizers. Can someone help me out with this?

If you know the measurements of what you want, specify it when placing your order. Using myself as an example, I need two Canucks Adidas nameplates done up, and only EPS has the correct material. The Canucks use 3.25" letters and the last Canucks Edge 2.0 jersey I had done by another company used 3" letters. (Of course, this could have been a change the team did too when going from Reebok to Adidas.) Bottom line, I wanted to make sure EPS has the correct size for the Adidas jerseys I had just stripped and the response was simply to specify it and they will match what the team does for me. They mentioned to me that a lot of companies the teams use are not licensed by the NHL and do what they want, as opposed to companies who are licensed and get their fonts and sizes from the NHL. 

Edited by Van67

I recently had an Arizona Coyotes Reebok Edge 2.0 customized through their team customizer and I think they used the same numbering and lettering sizes as what's worn on the Adidas jerseys.  I figured they would've known better than to do that.  They also had used red stitching on the white name as well as red stitching on the black numbering.  I had to send it back for them to fix.  Even besides that I reached out to the Sharks customizer asking if they can get me the exact sleeve number size as what's worn on the ice and they told me that it won't be exact but is hard to tell by the regular eye.  They told me if I wanted the exact font sizes, that I would have to buy game-used jerseys.  Even some of the ones that JB customized for me the sleeve numbers were small too.  I'm a size 50 so I didn't think it would be such a problem  Maybe I'm just finding/contacting the wrong places or have to be more specific.

It sounds like you’re having unusually bad luck.  I don’t know if there’s a difference in number sizes between Reebok Edges and Adidas Adizeros, but if you used Artcraft for the Coyotes jerseys, then they should have gotten it right if you specifically asked for the lettering for the Reebok Edges, or better yet, actually specified the actual size you wanted.

That’s kind of disheartening, because you figure the official team customizers should know these things.

JB doesn’t use official team customizers for any of his jerseys except for the Leafs, so I would never assume you’re going to get 100% accuracy in those cases.

Edited by LAK74

I did use Artcraft.  They gave the captain's C way too much thick black border which seemed more like the Adidas style.  Maybe it's just me nitpicking, but overall it was a total butcher job. 

Regardless, thanks for the responses.  I'm glad I found this forum.

2 hours ago, Schlepprock32 said:

I recently had an Arizona Coyotes Reebok Edge 2.0 customized through their team customizer and I think they used the same numbering and lettering sizes as what's worn on the Adidas jerseys.  I figured they would've known better than to do that.  

Even some of the ones that JB customized for me the sleeve numbers were small too.  I'm a size 50 so I didn't think it would be such a problem. 

It’s probably a combination of issues. It doesn’t sound like you specified that you wanted what is now not the current style, since the Adidas are smaller. So they just gave you the current stuff. 

Or, they sized them down because it’s a small jersey. 

I’ve had EPS do many, many Devils jerseys and as long as I’ve specified what I want, I’ve always gotten the on-ice fonts and sizes. 

Now, their Adidas font is slightly different because they no longer do the on-ice jerseys. But, it’s close enough, I’m used to dealing with them, and they do a better quality sewing job than the current provider,!so I go with that. 

14 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Being a big baseball guy, I've heard that the Nike setup will be similar to that of the NBA/NHL setup. Fanatics will produce replicas (even referring to a fanatics product as a replica is a disgrace to the word replica) and then Nike will produce authentics. Whether the authentics replicate those of on field or not remains to be seen. Currently for the NBA Nike does sell both the swingman (step up from the Fanatics line - swingmans are comparable to the Adi-Indos) and then the authentics in limited runs.

Needless to say, if Nike does copy the Adidas model with the NHL, I will be sticking with the Majestic stuff.

Right....

have you seen that there are no 4 of july jerseys or  all star jerseys for sale this year!

really a surprise to me, i have a lot of them from previous years,  the all star jerseys were nice with the all star patch and the stars on the batterman logo on the back.  

8 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Right....

have you seen that there are no 4 of july jerseys or  all star jerseys for sale this year!

really a surprise to me, i have a lot of them from previous years,  the all star jerseys were nice with the all star patch and the stars on the batterman logo on the back.  

Those speciality jerseys aren't very popular among the collectors tbh. A lot of people find them tacky. The only two I have ever picked up were a Red Sox and Pirates 2016 mother's day because the price was justifiable.

Edit: I also have a 2011 Ellsbury all star game jersey with those patches on the back collar. Players wore them for games leading up to the all star game. One of the weirdest things the mlb ever did.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

2 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Those speciality jerseys aren't very popular among the collectors tbh. A lot of people find them tacky. The only two I have ever picked up were a Red Sox and Pirates 2016 mother's day because the price was justifiable.

Edit: I also have a 2011 Ellsbury all star game jersey with those patches on the back collar. Players wore them for games leading up to the all star game. One of the weirdest things the mlb ever did.

july 4 jerseys with the stars and stripes batterman logo on the back ,were nice

Edited by tomtucker

I'll echo the "not for me" sentiment about MLB speciality jerseys. I have one... The white Orioles jersey with the Maryland flag design in the front script and numbers. I just find that cool for some reason. The mothers/fathers day, memorial day and 4th of July uniforms... Zero desire to own one. 

The one the Cubs did last year was nice, with the small stars in the blue. Wish I picked one up but I'm fine without it. It wasn't a huge deviation. Never cared for the camo jerseys, in any sport. 

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40