JunkyardAthletic

Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

They shouldn’t be smaller if you went with the official team customizer and asked for on-ice specs.  Unless your jerseys are very small, like size 46, in which case sometimes customizers are forced to shrink the lettering somewhat so that it can fit within the smaller confines of a jersey that small.  I also assume that you are comparing your jobs to actual game worn jerseys of the same season?  Can you tell us which teams and which seasons you got your jerseys lettered for?

34 minutes ago, Schlepprock32 said:

New to the forum here. Little off topic question...is it impossible to find a place that can customize a jersey to the exact number and letter font sizes worn on the ice?  I’ve customized around 7 or 8 Reebok 2.0 Edge jerseys and notice that the sleeve numbers especially are a bit smaller. And this is even from the official team customizers. Can someone help me out with this?

If you know the measurements of what you want, specify it when placing your order. Using myself as an example, I need two Canucks Adidas nameplates done up, and only EPS has the correct material. The Canucks use 3.25" letters and the last Canucks Edge 2.0 jersey I had done by another company used 3" letters. (Of course, this could have been a change the team did too when going from Reebok to Adidas.) Bottom line, I wanted to make sure EPS has the correct size for the Adidas jerseys I had just stripped and the response was simply to specify it and they will match what the team does for me. They mentioned to me that a lot of companies the teams use are not licensed by the NHL and do what they want, as opposed to companies who are licensed and get their fonts and sizes from the NHL. 

Edited by Van67

I recently had an Arizona Coyotes Reebok Edge 2.0 customized through their team customizer and I think they used the same numbering and lettering sizes as what's worn on the Adidas jerseys.  I figured they would've known better than to do that.  They also had used red stitching on the white name as well as red stitching on the black numbering.  I had to send it back for them to fix.  Even besides that I reached out to the Sharks customizer asking if they can get me the exact sleeve number size as what's worn on the ice and they told me that it won't be exact but is hard to tell by the regular eye.  They told me if I wanted the exact font sizes, that I would have to buy game-used jerseys.  Even some of the ones that JB customized for me the sleeve numbers were small too.  I'm a size 50 so I didn't think it would be such a problem  Maybe I'm just finding/contacting the wrong places or have to be more specific.

It sounds like you’re having unusually bad luck.  I don’t know if there’s a difference in number sizes between Reebok Edges and Adidas Adizeros, but if you used Artcraft for the Coyotes jerseys, then they should have gotten it right if you specifically asked for the lettering for the Reebok Edges, or better yet, actually specified the actual size you wanted.

That’s kind of disheartening, because you figure the official team customizers should know these things.

JB doesn’t use official team customizers for any of his jerseys except for the Leafs, so I would never assume you’re going to get 100% accuracy in those cases.

Edited by LAK74

I did use Artcraft.  They gave the captain's C way too much thick black border which seemed more like the Adidas style.  Maybe it's just me nitpicking, but overall it was a total butcher job. 

Regardless, thanks for the responses.  I'm glad I found this forum.

2 hours ago, Schlepprock32 said:

I recently had an Arizona Coyotes Reebok Edge 2.0 customized through their team customizer and I think they used the same numbering and lettering sizes as what's worn on the Adidas jerseys.  I figured they would've known better than to do that.  

Even some of the ones that JB customized for me the sleeve numbers were small too.  I'm a size 50 so I didn't think it would be such a problem. 

It’s probably a combination of issues. It doesn’t sound like you specified that you wanted what is now not the current style, since the Adidas are smaller. So they just gave you the current stuff. 

Or, they sized them down because it’s a small jersey. 

I’ve had EPS do many, many Devils jerseys and as long as I’ve specified what I want, I’ve always gotten the on-ice fonts and sizes. 

Now, their Adidas font is slightly different because they no longer do the on-ice jerseys. But, it’s close enough, I’m used to dealing with them, and they do a better quality sewing job than the current provider,!so I go with that. 

14 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Being a big baseball guy, I've heard that the Nike setup will be similar to that of the NBA/NHL setup. Fanatics will produce replicas (even referring to a fanatics product as a replica is a disgrace to the word replica) and then Nike will produce authentics. Whether the authentics replicate those of on field or not remains to be seen. Currently for the NBA Nike does sell both the swingman (step up from the Fanatics line - swingmans are comparable to the Adi-Indos) and then the authentics in limited runs.

Needless to say, if Nike does copy the Adidas model with the NHL, I will be sticking with the Majestic stuff.

Right....

have you seen that there are no 4 of july jerseys or  all star jerseys for sale this year!

really a surprise to me, i have a lot of them from previous years,  the all star jerseys were nice with the all star patch and the stars on the batterman logo on the back.  

8 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Right....

have you seen that there are no 4 of july jerseys or  all star jerseys for sale this year!

really a surprise to me, i have a lot of them from previous years,  the all star jerseys were nice with the all star patch and the stars on the batterman logo on the back.  

Those speciality jerseys aren't very popular among the collectors tbh. A lot of people find them tacky. The only two I have ever picked up were a Red Sox and Pirates 2016 mother's day because the price was justifiable.

Edit: I also have a 2011 Ellsbury all star game jersey with those patches on the back collar. Players wore them for games leading up to the all star game. One of the weirdest things the mlb ever did.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

2 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Those speciality jerseys aren't very popular among the collectors tbh. A lot of people find them tacky. The only two I have ever picked up were a Red Sox and Pirates 2016 mother's day because the price was justifiable.

Edit: I also have a 2011 Ellsbury all star game jersey with those patches on the back collar. Players wore them for games leading up to the all star game. One of the weirdest things the mlb ever did.

july 4 jerseys with the stars and stripes batterman logo on the back ,were nice

Edited by tomtucker

I'll echo the "not for me" sentiment about MLB speciality jerseys. I have one... The white Orioles jersey with the Maryland flag design in the front script and numbers. I just find that cool for some reason. The mothers/fathers day, memorial day and 4th of July uniforms... Zero desire to own one. 

The one the Cubs did last year was nice, with the small stars in the blue. Wish I picked one up but I'm fine without it. It wasn't a huge deviation. Never cared for the camo jerseys, in any sport. 

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Speaking of the O's, their Marlyand jerseys were something else this year

Yeah this year's Maryland jerseys were definitely done wrong lol.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:05 PM, LAK74 said:

You wanna see the ultimate example of CC sloppiness on a gamer?  This looks like someone took a 3-“layer” A and used a permanent marker to cover up the white strip!

07/08 Bruins

This is why I’m having a debate with myself and why I put off lettering some of my Blues jerseys. Do I make it look like crap, because that’s how all of CC jerseys looked or do I make them look nice. Either way all of these little details for each team is sooo awesome. Never knew about the predators fully sublimated nameplates. 

3 minutes ago, zilch said:

Do I make it look like crap, because that’s how all of CC jerseys looked or do I make them look nice. 

Made the same decision myself, not to use PX and to stick with EPS because I didn’t like the quality of PX’s work. Didn’t make sense to me to sacrifice quality for the little bit of accuracy I would get. 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Van67 said:

I'll echo the "not for me" sentiment about MLB speciality jerseys. I have one... The white Orioles jersey with the Maryland flag design in the front script and numbers. I just find that cool for some reason. The mothers/fathers day, memorial day and 4th of July uniforms... Zero desire to own one. 

I'm not from Maryland, and I don't root for any of their sports teams really, but living here I have really gained an appreciation for their flag and all things related. I keep thinking I'm going to buy one of those Orioles or a Terps jerseys, but as a Tigers fan I can't bring myself to do it, since I'll probably never wear it.

5 hours ago, DC Red Wings said:

I'm not from Maryland, and I don't root for any of their sports teams really, but living here I have really gained an appreciation for their flag and all things related. I keep thinking I'm going to buy one of those Orioles or a Terps jerseys, but as a Tigers fan I can't bring myself to do it, since I'll probably never wear it.

Yeah, I spent some time in Maryland recently. I came away thinking that if my state flag was that cool, I'd plaster it all over too. Most states have lame flags. A blue field with a state seal? Bo-ring.

The Avs last Reebok alternate jersey comes to mind with cool state flags incorporated in some way. 

As for the Orioles, I'd love to find the black one they wore in 2018, but it seems like it was never put out for retail. 

Possible 2019 Heritage Classic jersey leak. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Possible 2019 Heritage Classic jersey leak. 

Strong choices.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Strong choices.

They’re just concept art. Icethetics has debunked them.....

9 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Too bad. 

1 hour ago, KB67 said:

Shame. 

On 7/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, KB67 said:

The posting on the icethetics concept does not debunk this, but rather states that it is “right on target” with what he has heard.

Still speculative, but still a likely design.