Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

I’m not a fan of nicknames appearing on the team’s jersey. I thought the Tampa “Bolts” jerseys were stupid also. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not a fan of nicknames appearing on the team’s jersey. I thought the Tampa “Bolts” jerseys were stupid also. 

Don’t forget the “Sens”. 

So a month or so ago Dicks was selling Devils Adizero jerseys at a deep discount.  Through that and some price matching, I got a Devils Heritage Adizero that was factory customized (stitched on but with that single layer garbage) for $74 marked down from $225.

Now I am hearing these were marked down because Adidas made the crests slightly bigger on them.  I know for the Devils the Adizeros that were either size 50 or 48 and smaller had noticeably smaller crests than the larger sizes.  I don't know if the new larger crests are for all or just the smaller sizes.  Anyone else hear anything about this?

5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So a month or so ago Dicks was selling Devils Adizero jerseys at a deep discount.  Through that and some price matching, I got a Devils Heritage Adizero that was factory customized (stitched on but with that single layer garbage) for $74 marked down from $225.

Now I am hearing these were marked down because Adidas made the crests slightly bigger on them.  I know for the Devils the Adizeros that were either size 50 or 48 and smaller had noticeably smaller crests than the larger sizes.  I don't know if the new larger crests are for all or just the smaller sizes.  Anyone else hear anything about this?

From what I know, the 1st year that adidas produced the AdiZero Jerseys, yes, the ones that were 46 and lower all had a smaller crest than the ones that’s were 50 and larger. They fielded many complaints about that, and made a change for all the jerseys that were produced in year two and onward. In this example, the Devils Heritage Jersey should have had the larger crests only because they didn’t produce these until year two. Further to that, the best way to tell would be the adidas button. If it has the button on the jersey, it is from the 1st year of production, and any jersey in a size 46 or smaller would have the smaller crest. If there is no button, then it is from year two or newer, and will have the larger crest.

• 2 weeks later...

Many factory-customized Adizeros already have single layer printed characters.  Bobcat will almost certainly not do that for the game worns.

I haven’t bought any Kings retail Adizeros yet, and I doubt I’ll buy this one either, as long as they aren’t gonna make MiC ones available.

• 2 weeks later...

it’s an even bigger shame that MICs aren’t available at retail when seeing the Flames’ Heritage Classics. 

Worst Blues jerseys ever.

50 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Worst Blues jerseys ever.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees that. I'm also not a fan of the two Heritage Classic jerseys either. Here's what I said elsewhere about the three:

I know I'm solidly in the minority, but I don't care for the Flames, Jets or Blues jerseys. The Flames' jerseys show the problem with their color scheme when you take black out of it: the red and yellow bleed together too much. There needs to be something to break them up. The Jets' jersey is an outdated design that screams 1970s logo-wise and it hasn't aged well. The Blues' jersey is a terrible design, regardless of the fact that the red does have significance to the city itself, and it's emblematic of a bad time in the team's history. Gretzky had it and lost it while wearing those jerseys.

I would liked to have seen the Harry Ornest style make a return. That was very underrated, especially when done in all twill. Granted, he was a cheap but he did save the franchise from moving to Saskatoon.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:43 AM, KB67 said:

Winnipeg sells MIC on their Team Store as far as I know.....they had home, aways, and Aviator Alternates in there last season.....

so how do they do that? why does adidas allow that....... and why do that teamstore sell them??

when not a single one else is

Edited by tomtucker