Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

Yes, and it also says “Made in Indonesia” on the collar.  However, the stitching and construction of the jersey look pretty bad, to the point where it almost looks like a fake.  The overall jersey shape looks nothing like the MIC Adidas either.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Open the image up and you can clearly see it's fake. That Adidas site is interesting. I'm guessing those are the same as what they're wearing Da Beauty League. Look to be MIC cut but all airknit-type material. 

5 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Yes, and it also says “Made in Indonesia” on the collar.  However, the stitching and construction of the jersey look pretty bad, to the point where it almost looks like a fake.  The overall jersey shape looks nothing like the MIC Adidas either.

Plus, the SSHL logo is clearly put on in a Fake Chinese Jersey Factory. It’s nearly at a 45 degree angle.

7 hours ago, TheBZ said:

Open the image up and you can clearly see it's fake. That Adidas site is interesting. I'm guessing those are the same as what they're wearing Da Beauty League. Look to be MIC cut but all airknit-type material. 

Could it be they're using the summer league to see how players like these? Or maybe it's what the AHL will be using (CCM branded of course)? Or maybe NHL players spoke and kept it under wraps better than they did when Reebok 1.0s came into the league, and airknit is coming back to the NHL?

14 hours ago, TheBZ said:

Still plan on buying at least one of those jerseys....

On 7/23/2018 at 10:55 PM, Van67 said:

Could it be they're using the summer league to see how players like these? Or maybe it's what the AHL will be using (CCM branded of course)? Or maybe NHL players spoke and kept it under wraps better than they did when Reebok 1.0s came into the league, and airknit is coming back to the NHL?

Could it be they're using the summer league to see how players like these?   Nope.

Or maybe it's what the AHL will be using (CCM branded of course)? Nope.  Two different companies.

Or maybe NHL players spoke and kept it under wraps better than they did when Reebok 1.0s came into the league, and airknit is coming back to the NHL?  Nope. 

Last summer just at the time of the brand switch. The parent company of SP (3B) bought them.

Even so, the CCM jersey's and design was always handled by CCM, not RBK or Adi.

Adidas MIC are still made in the Maska/CCM factory in St. Hy Que and will continue to be.

Edited by HannuVirta

So does that mean CCM might still be able to produce series of throwbacks under NHL licence? There are a lot of old school authentics that could release that would be popular.  Or maybe the NHL/Fanatics/Adidas want to direct the market such that all consumers but their cheap offshore stuff because it has the highest margin and they can be that aggressive about it.

Edited by LondonGardens

Question for those of you that own GI MiC Adidas jerseys. How much larger is the size 58 MiC Adidas jersey is to a Edge 2.0 in a size 56 or a size 58 authentic Reebok practice jersey? I am thinking of picking up a MiC GI from Meigray to strip, customize, and wear but I’m worried the a size 58 is going to be way too large. I guess I could go with a size 56, but I worry if I strip off two numbers, not all the adhesive will come off and putting on a single number won’t hide anything that remains. I believe the jerseys I’m looking at were customized by EPS so I’m not sure how clean the numbers would come off.

Edited by madflava

I’ve found the Canadian Adidas jerseys to be smaller than their Reebok equivalents. I have a 52, two 54s, and a 56 and they are all slightly smaller. Maybe not a whole size smaller, but definitely not the same as Reebok sizing. It’s a noticeable enough difference that some players have gone up a size in their jerseys.

Hope that helps. 

If you wear a Reebok 56, there’s almost no way an Adidas 58 will be too large. Based on my observations between a Reebok and an Adidas both in size 58+, Adidas clearly run smaller. 

If the 56 is extremely fitted on you, an Adidas 56 would be skin tight and you would have to go with a 58. 

Have you ever tried a Reebok 58? How did it fit?

The largest Edge 2.0 I own is a 56 and the largest jersey I own are a bunch of Authentic Reebok Practice jerseys I picked up at an equipment sale that are all size 58. Comparing the two, they actually look very similar in size except the sleeves on the Practice jerseys being a tad bit thinner. As for me, 56 in the 2.0 is very big on me but not so ridiculously huge that it looks strange. I tried on some Indozero's and the 52 seems to be as small as I can go. Size 50 was very tight at the chest.

I would expect, then, the Adidas 58 to fit loosely on you like the 56. If you’re ok with that, you’re good. 

For reference (helpful or otherwise), my 58+ is 30” across from pit to pit (which includes the underarm gussets), 28” across the body below the gussets, and 33” in length. 

I would echo what JSH and mFitz said -- the adidas GW/GI definitely run a little smaller than the Edge 2.0s of the same size, at least in my experience. I've noticed the areas impacted most are in torso length most noticeably, then torso width. I've seen some differences on a team by team basis too. For example, a Capitals 56 seems cut a little tighter than some other teams' size 56 IMHO. 

If a 2.0 size 56 is very big on you, an adidas 56 will be less big on you and likely closer to a fit you desire. An adidas 58 will obviously be big on you, perhaps even a little more so than your 2.0 size 56, but not so much as that it would look or feel like a tent. 

As far as stripping goes, a key factor will be what team you are looking at and which style/color. Obviously a darker coloured jersey like black, navy, dark grey runs the risk of showing any residue that won't come off more than a road white likely will. 

Hopefully that helps! Good luck with your decision. 

7 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I would echo what JSH and mFitz said -- the adidas GW/GI definitely run a little smaller than the Edge 2.0s of the same size, at least in my experience. I've noticed the areas impacted most are in torso length most noticeably, then torso width. I've seen some differences on a team by team basis too. For example, a Capitals 56 seems cut a little tighter than some other teams' size 56 IMHO. 

If a 2.0 size 56 is very big on you, an adidas 56 will be less big on you and likely closer to a fit you desire. An adidas 58 will obviously be big on you, perhaps even a little more so than your 2.0 size 56, but not so much as that it would look or feel like a tent. 

As far as stripping goes, a key factor will be what team you are looking at and which style/color. Obviously a darker coloured jersey like black, navy, dark grey runs the risk of showing any residue that won't come off more than a road white likely will. 

Hopefully that helps! Good luck with your decision. 

I think you’re right on. I also think if you are 6 feet or taller, the 58 would be fine because the length is more of an issue than the width. If you were 6’2” and skinny like 160 pounds, I bet you could wear a 52-58+ Without it looking too big; it would just be a matter of your fit preference. 

Thanks guys! I knew I would get great answers here and indeed I'm looking at a white GI to strip and will probably send it to EPS to do the stripping since they customized the jersey originally. I'm thinking of taking my chances with a GI White 56 and stripping the two numbers to replace with one. I think my biggest concern with the 58 is sleeve length, I'm only 5'8" and the 58 jersey is probably intended for someone way over 6 foot. I would have to roll up my sleeves every time I intended to eat anything at a game or restaurant.

11 hours ago, madflava said:

Question for those of you that own GI MiC Adidas jerseys. How much larger is the size 58 MiC Adidas jersey is to a Edge 2.0 in a size 56 or a size 58 authentic Reebok practice jersey? I am thinking of picking up a MiC GI from Meigray to strip, customize, and wear but I’m worried the a size 58 is going to be way too large. I guess I could go with a size 56, but I worry if I strip off two numbers, not all the adhesive will come off and putting on a single number won’t hide anything that remains. I believe the jerseys I’m looking at were customized by EPS so I’m not sure how clean the numbers would come off.

Mine stripped really well. I have 3 Canucks and 2 Oilers Adidas MIC and the all came off 100% clean.

Oilers MIC

McDavid

Canucks Jersey Collection

The Pettersson and Boeser were both stripped, and also came out perfectly...

Edited by KB67

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Mfitz -- have you or anyone else had EPS strip an adidas gamer? Curious to see how the work came out if you have.

I stripped mine and it was the easiest, cleanest strip I ever did. Not sure if that’s because it was done by PX while the rest were EPS. But it came out perfect.

41542221752_d27d39d55f_b.jpg

As far as I know, MiC Adidas jerseys for NHL teams can not be purchased blank directly from Adidas. Only way to even get a MiC authentic NHL Adidas is through Meigray by purchasing a GI/GW jersey or through the actual NHL team if you have a connection. I know some teams sell their left over stock exclusively through Meigray.

KB67 and Mfitz804, I'm very envious of your Adidas jerseys. Wow, those are beauties. I wasn't sold on the Adidas jersey until I saw MiC Game Issues. It's a shame they are making us go through extraordinary lengths to get what we always wanted.

Edited by madflava

55 minutes ago, madflava said:

As far as I know, MiC Adidas jerseys for NHL teams can not be purchased blank directly from Adidas. Only way to even get a MiC authentic NHL Adidas is through Meigray by purchasing a GI/GW jersey or through the actual NHL team if you have a connection. I know some teams sell their left over stock exclusively through Meigray.

KB67 and Mfitz804, I'm very envious of your Adidas jerseys. Wow, those are beauties. I wasn't sold on the Adidas jersey until I saw MiC Game Issues. It's a shame they are making us go through extraordinary lengths to get what we always wanted.

You’re correct. My be was a GI bought from MeiGray. As much as it pained me to strip a $395 jersey, that’s the price I had to pay to “have it first/now”. So I did. Basically it was what I usually budget for 2 jerseys, so I look at it as I bought one less.

As soon as you see a MIC in person, it becomes obvious how poor the Indonesian are. Just like seeing an Indo will make you see how poor the Fanatics replicas are. 

The NHL really fvcked with this hobby in a major way by going the route they did. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re correct. My be was a GI bought from MeiGray. As much as it pained me to strip a $395 jersey, that’s the price I had to pay to “have it first/now”. So I did. Basically it was what I usually budget for 2 jerseys, so I look at it as I bought one less.

As soon as you see a MIC in person, it becomes obvious how poor the Indonesian are. Just like seeing an Indo will make you see how poor the Fanatics replicas are. 

The NHL really fvcked with this hobby in a major way by going the route they did. 

Indeed. One day I hope we get an explanation from a former employee why we got Indo-Edge and Indo-Zero jerseys instead of the real deal. Until then it is all speculation that cheaper manufacturing cost in Indonesia along with cheaper materials is their way to combat Chinese knockoff jerseys. To me it still doesn't make sense. Those of us that collect the real deal will pay the premium for the actual on-ice-jersey or Jersey Baron would have closed up shop a long time ago. This switch to Adidas and Jersey Baron being frozen out has me really worried that Adidas really doesn't want us to own a MiC jersey unless it is through an auction or team sale.

Anyway, I pulled the trigger. I bought a home and away game issued Capitals jerseys through Meigray in size 56! Once my wallet recovers from the initial shock, I'm going to have them stripped and customized to be Stanley Cup finals jerseys. The things I do for my jersey addiction...

24 minutes ago, madflava said:

The things I do for my jersey addiction...

We’ve all been there, brother...or worse. Congrats!