JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Making it shorter for your own purposes is cheating.

That’s also what she said.

• 1 month later...

He is corect on everything he says, the fluid smells horrible and if you hit your fingers with the sharpest stream it will pierce your skin and could cause major damage. We use these in our screen shop to get pen holes of ink left behind on the shirt after screen printing and to get major glue our of heat transfer letters being removed. They do work, although sometimes leaves a ring around the area, more noticeable on lighter color jerseys. 

If those are real...IF they're real...they're pretty friggin good. I will reserve judgement though until seeing the actual piece and also seeing that the waist stripes don't go roller coaster.

8 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

If those are real...IF they're real...they're pretty friggin good. I will reserve judgement though until seeing the actual piece and also seeing that the waist stripes don't go roller coaster.

2 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I think I'll like the HAWKS one more once I see the customization. Overall I'm ok with it, but it's a little underwhelming with the modern crest. 

You Hawks fans are so spoiled....first world problems I tell ya.....think about us poor Canucks fans and all the garbage jerseys we go through, just to have them torture us again and bring them back again next season.....I’d kill to have anything as gorgeous as any of the Hawks jerseys over the years .....

4 hours ago, KB67 said:

You Hawks fans are so spoiled....first world problems I tell ya.....think about us poor Canucks fans and all the garbage jerseys we go through, just to have them torture us again and bring them back again next season.....I’d kill to have anything as gorgeous as any of the Hawks jerseys over the years .....

True, when your home/away combo evolves into the best In hockey, it's hard to top them. I can't deny that. The '17 WC Hawks jersey raised the bar again in my opinion.

The color and stitching in Hawks jerseys is what makes them special, so when I see a black and white jersey, it's underwhelming from a design perspective even if the historical factor catches my interest.

I'd probably get one of these if the game is good, especially if they win, to get one of the newer players as well as my first Adidas jersey. I still need their '09 WC, too.

5 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

The color and stitching in Hawks jerseys is what makes them special

What I’m  most curious about is this crest since it’s so plain. Felt black background)? White chain stitching? 

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

What I’m  most curious about is this crest since it’s so plain. Felt black background)? White chain stitching? 

Maybe similar to the 2014 SS? Felt would be cool. 

21 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Maybe similar to the 2014 SS? Felt would be cool. 

Chrome?! Dear god I hope not. That's one Hawks jersey I refuse to own. I'm afraid it's Adidas so they'll go the jersey material route like they have done with every other team because it's 'lighter' or whatever crap excuse they want to give. The numbers on this year's WC will be felt which I think will be cool.

Edited by mdwsta4

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

That's one Hawks jersey I refuse to own. 

Spoken like a fan of a team that has had 8,000 special event jerseys. If my team would grant me such a jersey, I would own one regardless of chrome logos, similarity to female anatomy, etc. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Spoken like a fan of a team that has had 8,000 special event jerseys. If my team would grant me such a jersey, I would own one regardless of chrome logos, similarity to female anatomy, etc. 

Well, only 7,999 of them were worth buying. We're just choosy. The chrome wasn't the only thing wrong with that jersey.

26 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Well, only 7,999 of them were worth buying. We're just choosy. The chrome wasn't the only thing wrong with that jersey.

Someone should cut the sleeves off and switch them to a different jersey. 

12 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Chrome?! Dear god I hope not. That's one Hawks jersey I refuse to own. I'm afraid it's Adidas so they'll go the jersey material route like they have done with every other team because it's 'lighter' or whatever crap excuse they want to give. The numbers on this year's WC will be felt which I think will be cool.

The 2018 WC jerseys had felt crests and chain stitching, so they'll probably keep treat these the same way since it is heritage jerseys

16 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I bought one. It may or may not have been influenced by the fact that that was the only outdoor game that the Hawks have won to date.

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I bought one. It may or may not have been influenced by the fact that that was the only outdoor game that the Hawks have won to date.

So give the Hawks a lame jersey and they'll win. Too bad their best outdoor jerseys were coupled with losses to big rivals(wings and blues).

4 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I'm surprised the camo jerseys weren't sleeveless.

They thought about it, but then quickly realized a sleeveless jersey would be the only way to make Kane look like more of a d0uche. 

Edited by mfitz804

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They thought about it, but then quickly realized a sleeveless jersey would be the only way to make Kane look like more of a d0uche. 

You mean you wouldn't get off seeing Kane, touting a sleeveless camo jersey showing a farmers tan, doing his "machine gun" goal celebration?

You must not be from the burbs.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

3 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

You mean you wouldn't get off seeing Kane, touting a sleeveless camo jersey showing a farmers tan, doing his "machine gun" goal celebration?

You must not be from the burbs.

I really dislike that guy. 

I just got back my first Team Issued MiC Colorado Avalanche Adidas Home jersey that I sent in to get a Sakic customization (was a blank when it was purchased from the team).

I’ve attached some comparison photos to the Adidas Indo “Authentic” retail version, for everyone’s reference (Dropbox Links).  Surprisingly, while the MiC is definitely the better quality of the two, the Indo Adidas jerseys are definitely MUCH closer to the Adidas MiC than the Reebok Premiers were to the Reebok Edges, at least in terms of appearance and construction.  Fabric-wise, the Adidas is definitely a hefier and thicker material, but the appearances are remarkably similar, even up close.

For comparison, I’ve also included photos comparing my Avalache Reebok Edge Alternate vs the Reebok Premier Alternate, where you can clearly see the quality differences in appearance and construction:

Adidas MiC vs Adidas Indo:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ptkrvif36h71476/AACeopiCzIImN8Bzve8NkySZa?dl=0

Reebok Edge vs Reebok Premier:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb4x5faew2phxfi/AAClb5Zp4D9bSdK-7jLYvd4Qa?dl=0

A910B59F-D0B0-4C9E-BF84-55206F2E0F0A.jpeg

On 9/7/2018 at 2:06 AM, HannuVirta said:

The 2018 WC jerseys had felt crests and chain stitching, so they'll probably keep treat these the same way since it is heritage jerseys

What year are you referring to? The 2009 WC jersey had a felt crest, but it was not chain stitched.  (1.0; don't have a close up of the crest on my 2.0, but they're the same)

DSCF9516-vi.jpg

The 2015 WC jersey used their standard logo which of course is chain stitched, but not felt.

DSCF9414-vi.jpg

Similarly, the 2017 WC jersey used the 50/60's style crest with chain stitched detail, but again, was not felt.

DSCF8529-vi.jpg