Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm referring to the 2018 Adidas Winter Classic jerseys and they used heritage materials for the Sabres and Rangers. There's no reason to think they would deviate from that, especially since the jerseys are from the 20-30's.  The OP below insinuated they would treat them like they do the home & away jerseys, which they clearly haven't for the outdoor games.  

"I'm afraid it's Adidas so they'll go the jersey material route like they have done with every other team because it's 'lighter' or whatever crap excuse they want to give"

16 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

There's no reason to think they would deviate from that, especially since the jerseys are from the 20-30's.

There have been a handful of chain stitched outdoor jerseys over the years with zero consistency.  By that logic, every Heritage classic jersey should also be chain stitched because the Jets did it once. For the Rangers last year, wasn't it just the 'NY' or 'C/A' that was chain stitched? What was chain stitched for the Sabres?

What does the time period have to do with chain stitching? I don't believe the Blackhawks used chain stitching until they switched to the current version of the crest in the mid-50's. Prior to that, the majority of the crest was felt with the smallest of details chain stitched

44-45_Chic_rd_Seibert_logo.jpg]

Now don't get me wrong, I'm hoping they do use chain stitching because it's a staple of the Blackhawks. I'm just wondering how they'll do it with this version of the crest. Black felt circle, white felt letters, white chain stitched outline of the head? Just pure speculation on my part.

Screen_Shot_2018_08_24_at_7.10.44_AM.0.p

Edited by mdwsta4

Why are you hung up on chain stitching???  I never once mentioned it.  My point all along is that this comment " I'm afraid it's Adidas so they'll go the jersey material route like they have done with every other team because it's 'lighter' or whatever crap excuse they want to give"..... was short sighted since Adidas had already shown in the 2018 Winter Classic that they would continue to use the appropriate materials in the heritage games / and or when appropriate for other jerseys.  Whether it's felt, chenille, chain stitch or whatever. 

1 hour ago, HannuVirta said:

Why are you hung up on chain stitching???  I never once mentioned it.  My point all along is that this comment " I'm afraid it's Adidas so they'll go the jersey material route like they have done with every other team because it's 'lighter' or whatever crap excuse they want to give"..... was short sighted since Adidas had already shown in the 2018 Winter Classic that they would continue to use the appropriate materials in the heritage games / and or when appropriate for other jerseys.  Whether it's felt, chenille, chain stitch or whatever.

I may have misread one of your replies as I was referring to the 'jersey material route' as getting away from chain stitching

On 9/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, HannuVirta said:

The 2018 WC jerseys had felt crests and chain stitching, so they'll probably keep treat these the same way since it is heritage jerseys

2 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

Why are you hung up on chain stitching???  I never once mentioned it. 

I think the confusion was understandable.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to play gotcha.  The overall point is a good one, that the Heritage and Winter Classics have tended to be more, well, classic designs compared to the Stadium Series.  Maybe Adidas understands that they can't screw around with a team's design all of the time, so they save the SS for chrome, asymmetry, giant numbers, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

So there is now a Fanatics replica out there that counts as a preseason gamer.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/09/24/dallas-stars-player-borrows-jersey-from-fan-wears-in-game/

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

So there is now a Fanatics replica out there that counts as a preseason gamer.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/09/24/dallas-stars-player-borrows-jersey-from-fan-wears-in-game/

Only way I allow that as a fan is if I get the ACTUAL Radulov gamer he wore in the first period in exchange.  Seems kinda cheap of them not to offer it.  Only a signature on the jersey?  Not good enough for me.

5 hours ago, LAK74 said:

thank you!

well, passing the indo off as authentic is dead wrong, and i would think illegal.

Isn't there  something that can be done about it?  it's false advertising!

Meh, I'm over it.  Don't forget, the word "authentic" is just a marketing term.  I don't see them advertising anywhere that this is the actual on-ice version.  I know that historically the word "authentic" meant something, but clearly Adidas (and maybe even the NHL, too) just isn't interested in selling the Made in Canada jerseys to the public.  For now, anyway.  At least they aren't selling them for $350 customized like they did the IndoEdge.

I'm guessing the margin on the overseas made stuff is so high they want everyone to buy those, as opposed to a more expensive but lower margin MIC version. Both greedy and stupid.  They are missing that many will I lyrics want the MIC quality and that many of tjos folks will buy many copies, because we're into it.  Yes the margin would be less, but they are going to miss out on the 'contribution' from those.  Maybe they know that and will turn to that revenue stream when the volume on the offshore stuff drops.  So, even within a cynical guess at their business model they may actually be hope. It might just take a while...

I have exactly one of the new Adidas jerseys (MIC). I needed a Nico Hischier. 

If MIC were available, I’d likely also have added a Boyle (probably two, home and road), and a Butcher. And that’s just after one season. 

Don’t forget, 99% of fans won’t know the difference (or even care). There are probably millions of people that are excited that the Indozero version is now less expensive than the Indoedge. 

8 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Don’t forget, 99% of fans won’t know the difference (or even care). There are probably millions of people that are excited that the Indozero version is now less expensive than the Indoedge. 

That’s true. But I’m not advocating replacing the Indo with MIC. 

44185615874_bca9b3499d_b.jpg

Is it just me, or do many/most/all of the new 3rds seem to have the bottom stripes and the bottom cut straight across, rather than the wavy curvy stripes/cut?   Maybe an actual change to the template going forward?  Maybe all the existing jerseys could move back to this more traditional set up?

Have a look:

https://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/

28 minutes ago, LondonGardens said:

Is it just me, or do many/most/all of the new 3rds seem to have the bottom stripes and the bottom cut straight across, rather than the wavy curvy stripes/cut?   Maybe an actual change to the template going forward?  Maybe all the existing jerseys could move back to this more traditional set up?

Have a look:

https://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/

good point ?