JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, furiousd said:

Whoa.  I'll take my chrome Hawks over those any day.

Edited by LAK74

I love how one of the guys in that discussion says, "NHL: eff it, let's just make it easy for the Chinese counterfeiters."

I thought the exact same thing upon first view.

5 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

So...I did the stupid thing and got a IndoZero Blackhawks jersey.  It was only $50.00 shipped.  It is worth my time getting it customized by CSL?  Thinking for doing a Joker jersey.

I got a zero for around that price too. Stripped the crest, put it on a Canadian practice, sold the blank for a little more than what I paid. I, personally, wouldn’t waste money getting proper customization done on a jersey like that but that’s just me 

the Pens/Flyers aren’t a surprise are they? Absolutely terrible. Talk about lack of effort 

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I got a zero for around that price too. Stripped the crest, put it on a Canadian practice, sold the blank for a little more than what I paid. I, personally, wouldn’t waste money getting proper customization done on a jersey like that but that’s just me 

the Pens/Flyers aren’t a surprise are they? Absolutely terrible. Talk about lack of effort 

You bought a zero, took off the crest, and sold the crest-less jersey for a profit?

My take is that they are trying to jump on the "Color Rush" trend in the NFL a little bit.

Is it a bit lazy?  Yes.  However I love the Steelers color rush jersey and this Pens jersey is basically a match to it.  Pittsburgh loves it's team synergy, so I'm sure this will probably be a hit.  Wish the patches were on the chest - I hate shoulder patches unless they can't be avoided.  Love the "A Great Day For Hockey" in the collar.  That should be inside all of our jerseys.

I like it enough to buy one most likely.

24 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

My take is that they are trying to jump on the "Color Rush" trend in the NFL a little bit.

Is it a bit lazy?  Yes.  However I love the Steelers color rush jersey and this Pens jersey is basically a match to it.  Pittsburgh loves it's team synergy, so I'm sure this will probably be a hit.  Wish the patches were on the chest - I hate shoulder patches unless they can't be avoided.  Love the "A Great Day For Hockey" in the collar.  That should be inside all of our jerseys.

I like it enough to buy one most likely.

I kind of preferred the last few years where the jerseys were based somewhat on the host team’s colors. It shouldn’t have been a Sharks jersey, but they could’ve done it better. 

I am a little unsure whether I liked the players wearing their team’s crest instead of a dedicated All Star with a team shoulder patch. It’s a break from tradition, but it doesn’t really bother me. In fact, if they were smart enough to sell MIC’s, I’d have had a hard time not buying one or both (not sure which one(s) Palmieri wore, didn’t watch the game) just because it’s something different. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I kind of preferred the last few years where the jerseys were based somewhat on the host team’s colors. It shouldn’t have been a Sharks jersey, but they could’ve done it better. 

I am a little unsure whether I liked the players wearing their team’s crest instead of a dedicated All Star with a team shoulder patch. It’s a break from tradition, but it doesn’t really bother me. In fact, if they were smart enough to sell MIC’s, I’d have had a hard time not buying one or both (not sure which one(s) Palmieri wore, didn’t watch the game) just because it’s something different. 

He's talking about the Penguins' SS jersey.  Not the ASG.

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

He's talking about the Penguins' SS jersey.  Not the ASG.

Oh, those are just sh!t. 

;)

15 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I love how one of the guys in that discussion says, "NHL: eff it, let's just make it easy for the Chinese counterfeiters."

I thought the exact same thing upon first view.

As far as creativity, I think they’ve eliminated their actually creative staff and hired the factory sweatshops to fill that void as well. 

41 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Man, where do you find suckers like that?  They never come around when I'm selling something. 

Well if you can get a steal on a jersey for about $45, even at $70 that's cheaper than most are going for. Some people just want a blank jersey and don't know how to strip one. I think I posted about this when I got the finished project back. Was essentially able to make a Blackhawks 3.0 jersey for nothing out of pocket. Obviously not something that happens very often, but I was pleased with the prices I got everything for. 

Oh, those are just sh!t. 

;)

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

AGREED. Lol.

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't mind that Flyers jersey. I'd want to see the numbers before making a final decision. The Pens jersey is hideous.

I mean if it was my team I would still buy one, I would just do so knowing I was going to own a sh!t jersey. 

Which, of course, is how Flyers fans feel all the time. ;) 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean if it was my team I would still buy one, I would just do so knowing I was going to own a sh!t jersey. 

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Don't hate the jersey, hate the team.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh, those are just sh!t. 

;)

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

AGREED. Lol.

Hey, you two be nice.  😂

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Don't hate the jersey, hate the team.

2 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Hey, you two be nice.  😂

I'll be honest. I only said it because if I didn't, one of you wiseacres would have added "Yeah, like the Devils fans feel all the time". It was a preventative jab lol.