Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

1 hour ago, perthisthereason said:

They ship to Australia, so I don't see a reason why they wouldn't ship to Europe.

Then I think Mr. Tucker should have no issues. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sure if MeiGray ships to Europe. If not, maybe someone would help you out. 

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/itemcatalog.aspx?searchtype=3&search=Washington+capitals

I see, thanks..... but you guys have to buy a player jersey and then strip it, there have not been any blank jerseys available? 

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

I see, thanks..... but you guys have to buy a player jersey and then strip it, there have not been any blank jerseys available? 

Rarely. But that’s what I’m talking about. Most of us crazy collectors wouldn’t mind having to strip one to get what we want when they are otherwise unavailable. 

Otherwise, pick a player’s GI and go with that so you can have the elusive Adidas jersey. Were I a Caps fan, a Tom Wilson GI would have been great for me. 

On that topic, it looks like the Caps have a TON of Adidas GI’s available, even for star players. Anyone know why that is?

Edited by mfitz804

Since the NBA has stolen the trophy presentation on the court (it was always back in the locker room until about 10 years or ago), and the awards ceremony on tv, I would like to see the NHL steal an idea from them. On the back collar of any team that has won a title, they have a little gold patch on the back collar with an outline of the trophy and the number of titles won on top of it. I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups. 

thumbnail.jpg

14 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

Since the NBA has stolen the trophy presentation on the court (it was always back in the locker room until about 10 years or ago), and the awards ceremony on tv, I would like to see the NHL steal an idea from them. On the back collar of any team that has won a title, they have a little gold patch on the back collar with an outline of the trophy and the number of titles won on top of it. I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups. 

thumbnail.jpg

Some teams are doing it inside the collar. I think its a pretty cool idea. 

24 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Our beloved Devils do this, no? 

We haven't exactly accepted you yet so its not "our" Devils, but yes. Cup years inside the collar. i didn't have a picture, so i zoomed and cropped one, which is why its blurry, but you get the point. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.31.01 AM

2 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups. 

It's easy to do that with the World Cup because it happens once every 4 years. For club soccer, each domestic league has its own rules, if any at all. I'm a PSV Eindhoven supporter (Netherlands) and we have two stars above our logo, each signifies 10 domestic titles won. We need to win another 6 titles before we get a 3rd star. The UEFA Champions League does have a patch with the number of title wins for teams to wear when they play in the CL. To get that, you need to win 5 titles. The exception to that, and the reason why Ajax wears a patch with '4', is you get this patch quicker than 5 if you win 3 consecutive CL titles.

Point I'm making... gotta make winning titles a bit of a habit for club soccer. For the NHL, I wouldn't mind a patch the season when you defend the Stanley Cup, but anything permanent on the outside of the jersey... not really feeling that as hockey culture. 

17 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's fine, I'll go back to the Flyers family. I see how you roll. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Rarely. But that’s what I’m talking about. Most of us crazy collectors wouldn’t mind having to strip one to get what we want when they are otherwise unavailable. 

Otherwise, pick a player’s GI and go with that so you can have the elusive Adidas jersey. Were I a Caps fan, a Tom Wilson GI would have been great for me. 

On that topic, it looks like the Caps have a TON of Adidas GI’s available, even for star players. Anyone know why that is?

right.... but 400 for a wilson jersey + duty is too much for me 😞 

these adidas  jersey are not as nice as the reeboks right? 

is it the felt shoulder patches that makes the jersey feel - look  cheaper? 

28 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

right.... but 400 for a wilson jersey + duty is too much for me 😞 

these adidas  jersey are not as nice as the reeboks right? 

is it the felt shoulder patches that makes the jersey feel - look  cheaper? 

Hehehe...duty. 

I happen to like the Adidas jerseys better than the Reebok, but that could just be personal taste. 

3 hours ago, Van67 said:

It's easy to do that with the World Cup because it happens once every 4 years. For club soccer, each domestic league has its own rules, if any at all. I'm a PSV Eindhoven supporter (Netherlands) and we have two stars above our logo, each signifies 10 domestic titles won. We need to win another 6 titles before we get a 3rd star. The UEFA Champions League does have a patch with the number of title wins for teams to wear when they play in the CL. To get that, you need to win 5 titles. The exception to that, and the reason why Ajax wears a patch with '4', is you get this patch quicker than 5 if you win 3 consecutive CL titles.

Point I'm making... gotta make winning titles a bit of a habit for club soccer. For the NHL, I wouldn't mind a patch the season when you defend the Stanley Cup, but anything permanent on the outside of the jersey... not really feeling that as hockey culture. 

I think it's a fun idea for one offs like Winter Classic/Stadium series, but I agree that it's not really the culture, especially if your last cup was years or decades ago. Up until 2010, i doubt anyone in Chicago wanted a reminder of how long it's been since 1961. 

6 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

On the back collar of any team that has won a title, they have a little gold patch on the back collar with an outline of the trophy and the number of titles won on top of it. I would like to see the NHL honor teams that have won the Stanley Cup with some type of permanent patch of recognition.  Countries do that with stars on their jerseys when they have won World Cups.

I like the idea in theory, but keep it on the inside collar or somewhere not externally facing. I, personally, think the gold patches look extremely tacky on NBA jerseys. I didn't mind the Olympic jerseys from a few years ago where they put medals on the sleeves, but you're talking a limited jersey and a game that's played every 4 years. Too much for an NHL jersey and an annual cup

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Hehehe...duty. 

I happen to like the Adidas jerseys better than the Reebok, but that could just be personal taste. 

I'm with you there.  I like the fit and look of the Adidas cut much better.  I still prefer a v-neck collar, but with the shield inside the collar piping, Edges were already halfway to round collars anyway.

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I'm with you there.  I like the fit and look of the Adidas cut much better.  I still prefer a v-neck collar, but with the shield inside the collar piping, Edges were already halfway to round collars anyway.

The collar on the Edge jerseys was weird. Like you said, V-ish in appearance, but basically they sewed in a little triangle which took away the V.  

The Adidas is definitely cut smaller, which is harder on us bigger guys, but I managed to find my spot. 

I like the Edge 2.0s better than the AdiZero. The Air-Knit material feels thicker and stronger than the Adidas material and gives the jersey an overall weightier feel. That in turn makes me feel like it’s a higher quality item. 

21 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I like the Edge 2.0s better than the AdiZero. The Air-Knit material feels thicker and stronger than the Adidas material and gives the jersey an overall weightier feel. That in turn makes me feel like it’s a higher quality item. 

The material probably is better on the Reebok. But the Adidas cut is better.

9 hours ago, jsh139 said:

wow, it's even light than the reeboks?.... i i think those are very light compared to the 6100's !

i would feel you are not getting alot for you money.

it also shows on TV, the side of the jersey where there is a white inside tag, is so easy to see, adidas jersey most be very thin and see through. 

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

i don't think the curved stripes on the hem is better.. to the contrary

I prefer this:

o2bswylmlox9vjb3yh46gegev.gif

Over this!

5699_boston_bruins-dark-2018.png

Agree with that, curved stripes are stupid. 

Going forward, any and all Boston Bruins content that is posted here will be promptly deleted by me.