Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

10 hours ago, tomtucker said:

so how do they do that? why does adidas allow that....... and why do that teamstore sell them??

when not a single one else is

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just ordered extra team stock from Adidas and sold them themselves. Maybe Adidas found out and shut them down, haha. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just ordered extra team stock from Adidas and sold them themselves. Maybe Adidas found out and shut them down, haha. 

I think that was the story as to why they did have them. 

I wonder if why the don't have them is because Adidas gave them s***. I was literally on one night and the next day they were gone.

F*uck Adidas.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

Why does Adidas even give a s*** about team stores selling MiC’s?  As soon as the stores order them, Adidas already makes their money, and it’s the store’s problem if they don’t sell.  

I would love to know. I saw a post on Reddit the other day about Adidas also putting an end to selling blanks.

I shot True North an email about it (more so because I want to grab a white heritage or aviator in a GC).

8 hours ago, jsh139 said:

right.... i was thinking that....... trying to be nice, then comes the Germans to halt the fun, and screw things up, like in 1940 and 2015.

🖕

just stick to bullsh!t football (soccer)

can we have CCM back FFS ! ?

Edited by tomtucker

7 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Why does Adidas even give a s*** about team stores selling MiC’s?  As soon as the stores order them, Adidas already makes their money, and it’s the store’s problem if they don’t sell.  

By that logic, though, why withhold them from retail sale at all? That’s more money they can make.

The real reason, I’m sure, is a conspiracy between Adidas, the league, and the official game worn sellers to boost prices/sales of game worn items. 

Adidas must have the NHL by the you know what.  This is a conversation I had with FANATICS about their sublimated twill and how the jerseys aren't authentic at all:

Why are the “authentic jerseys” lettered with fake sublimated twill? I feel like I’ve been scammed.
Sat 4:09 PM

Fanatics Support

Thank you so much for reaching out. We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 
This jersey is not listed nor advertised as tackle twill. We will be more than happy to reach out to the vendor to confirm the material if you would like?
Sat 6:18 PM
It’s not advertised as sublimated either. It says authentic. Sublimated is not authentic b
Sat 6:26 PM

Fanatics Support

We will be more than happy to reach out to the vendor to confirm the material if you would like?

Remember when Fanatics didn’t have a near monopoly over sports apparel and even when they were GSI Commerce, weren’t branding their own stuff. 

Good times. 

Edited by Phil the Thrill

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone buy last years’ “Parley” All Stars? Do the Indo versions fit the same as the regular Indos?

I can say they fit the same as the ASG’s from the previous year (2018), as well as the Hurricanes Whalers throwback from this past season.  So I guess that means they all fit the same.

22 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I can say they fit the same as the ASG’s from the previous year (2018), as well as the Hurricanes Whalers throwback from this past season.  So I guess that means they all fit the same.

Ok thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hatryk said:

So nucks ceremony had stick in the rink and v jersey in an adidas cut. 

For those that hadn't seen it...

EGh3aTfWwAA1lZV.jpg:large

Odd that they'd redo that and not the Messier era Orca in Aid-Zero cut. Clearly that means they'll be wearing the V jersey at some point during the season

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

For those that hadn't seen it...

EGh3aTfWwAA1lZV.jpg:large

Odd that they'd redo that and not the Messier era Orca in Aid-Zero cut. Clearly that means they'll be wearing the V jersey at some point during the season

Here is the plan for the jerseys for this season.

There will be MIC Adidas jerseys worn in the warmup during the (4) theme nights, and then the jerseys will then be sold in the Team Store after the warmup. There will (4) different jerseys:

70’s Night: White Stick in Rink Jersey

80’s Night: Yellow V ( these will not be made available for sale, as they will be auctioned off during a Future private Canucks event for the CFKF)

90’s Night: Black Skate Jersey 

2000’s Night: Navy Orca Jersey

There will not be any retail versions of the jersey made available,  just the MIC versions from the warmup.

This aligns with what Anaheim did last season for their 25th Anniversary Season.

Edited by KB67

26 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Those black skate and V jerseys...

That V jersey is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen, and people always get excited over them. It's their version of the Wild Wing. 

9 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I can't argue with any of that, yet still I want one.

That's exactly what I meant. People sometimes go nuts over horrendous looking jerseys. 

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's exactly what I meant. People sometimes go nuts over horrendous looking jerseys. 

“Hey everyone. Look at this Devils Jersey I stripped, sent to EPS, sold twice, and reacquired again! I’ll never let this one go again! However, looking to trade again for Devils goalie cuts!”

4 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

“Hey everyone. Look at this Devils Jersey I stripped, sent to EPS, sold twice, and reacquired again! I’ll never let this one go again! However, looking to trade again for Devils goalie cuts!”

Yeah but they aren't ugly. 

Unlike your soul.