Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

5 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

Is it just me or is the Adidas on ice jersey kind of lame? I've owned two of them quite recently. As well as the AdiZero jerseys or whatever they're calling them. The Indo version. IMHO, there aren't enough differences in quality for me to justify the expense of buying the current game-worn jersey. Yes, the differences are still quite big. But the Reebok Edge 2.0 was a work of art... using how many different pieces of fabric to make a jersey? I'll admit I've never really seen a Reebok Indo version, but I hear the quality is about the same as a AdiZero Indo jersey. Reebok 2.0 jerseys blow the others mentioned above out of the water. The Adidas team-issued is just "meh" for me. I recently sold my entire collection, only to start up again... I only regret selling a few of my 2.0's, but I don't really care that I lost the Adidas gamers. From now on I'll either be buying the AdiZero, or a 2.0 if the style is still similar to the on-ice product.

The difference between the Indozero and the actual game jerseys is huge, but I’ll agree with the major downfall of quality compared to the Reebok 2.0’s. I have a few Addidas barely-worn gamers in my collection that I’m almost afraid to touch because threads are coming unstitched, while I wear my  beat-to-$hit 2.0’s all the time with no worry about causing further damage. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me it is PP knit > Ultrafil > Airknit > Edge 2.0 > Adidas > Edge 1.0

ProPlayer is amazing and still is easily my favorite jersey out there.  Edge 1.0 just never took to me and I think Adidas gets more hate than it deserves.

EDGE 1.0s are the worst jerseys made in my lifetime. 

I still think anything Airknit is the best

32 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

EDGE 1.0s are the worst jerseys made in my lifetime. 

I still think anything Airknit is the best

Edge 1.0's are awful.  They are the only Canadian-made authentic jersey where it feels like it is a replica with a fight strap sewn in.

In terms of fit, I am a big fan of the adidas/Edge 2.0. 

In terms of design, nothing beats the 6100 cuts. 

If we have to go by durability: ultrafil, airknit, Edge 2.0, Edge 1.0, adidas, Swift. 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

ProPlayer is amazing and still is easily my favorite jersey out there.  Edge 1.0 just never took to me and I think Adidas gets more hate than it deserves.

I’ll adopt that. I do like my ProPlayers. 

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I agree
ProPlayer fits and feels the best but Ultrafil is much more forgiving when it comes to stripping and less likely to snag. 

1 hour ago, blurryhaze said:

Woah.  Goalie fight....

I wouldn’t read that far into it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So it's clearly Adidas' fault the on ice jersey is not available.

Say what you want about Nike, like the way they have turned the NBA into a joke with each team having 7 different jerseys, that also changes every year!

But at least authentic NBA jerseys are available to buy. 

Hmm, i wonder if there is a difference in the ones the players wear and the retail, like country of origin, anyone know?

And also MLB jerseys that Nike makes now ( in the old Majestic factory in Easton,PA)

The Nike jerseys have a neck label however, the Majestic's did not.  For the players i guess there is no annoying neck tag, so why the heck did they put that in, when the rest of the jersey is the same cut as the majestic?  😳

Had it been Nike that took over the NHL, i bet Jersey Baron would have the real jerseys, or maybe not?

Edited by Mongoose

11 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Had it been Nike that took over the NHL, i bet Jersey Baron would have the real jerseys, or maybe not?

That would be nice but I'd be concerned about some of the design decisions that would happen to fit the league's current looks on to the Nike template.

I doubt Nike being in charge would make a difference. I've seen a couple sources confirm (one being the Stars' team shop) that it is the NHL that forbids sale of MICs, not Adidas.

22 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I would be concerned about the material of the jerseys as well. The WJC Nike's material feels like a cross between a rain slicker and a trash bag. Not a fan, personally. 

The only team that uses Swift material is Canada, every other country uses Flo-Knit, and that material is great. It comes from the same factory in Quebec as well....

31 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I doubt Nike being in charge would make a difference. I've seen a couple sources confirm (one being the Stars' team shop) that it is the NHL that forbids sale of MICs, not Adidas.

Yet the Canucks tell me Adidas won't let them sell any. A bit of both maybe?

3 hours ago, KB67 said:

The only team that uses Swift material is Canada, every other country uses Flo-Knit, and that material is great. It comes from the same factory in Quebec as well....

I was referring to Canada's (the Swift material). The current Canada WJC design in Flo-Knit would be amazing. Wish they would use it...

4 hours ago, KB67 said:

Doesn’t the US use swift too? For Olympic jerseys, not Juniors

Yeah, it appears they may as well. The ones on MGG look like they’re swift as well from the World Championships. 

I'm fairly certain the Olympics are Swift material for everyone, even the traditional cuts (looking at some 2018 photos, it looks like it anyway), and the regular IIHF tournaments, only Canada (and possibly USA) use them. 

I will give Nike credit for their socks though. I love them! The knee gusset, stretch area around the ankle, and overall tighter fit is so much nicer than any other pro stock sock. Wish they weren’t impossible to find