Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

Photo Hosting

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

For most of us, I think, ALL photos posted, even years ago, have links that no longer work.  I just dumped Photobucket completely.

Yup all of my pictures were taken away, so I just abandoned my account. I will take all new pictures of my collection when I have time, right now I am just using it for sale ads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They actually removed your photos?  Mine are still there, but the links don't work, so the site is useless to me since I only used it for 3rd party hosting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

They actually removed your photos?  Mine are still there, but the links don't work, so the site is useless to me since I only used it for 3rd party hosting.

Sorry, the ability to post links was taken away. Pictures are still in my account, I just can't do a thing with them, just like you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like you can still save your photos so you don't have to take them over again, although they are probably lower res than the originals.  Anyway, this whole Photobucket fiasco has motivated me to get off my butt and finally photograph all my crap.  The Flickr account is great and easy to use.  I've already taken about 300 photos, and should be able to complete a collection album soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know how the programming at Imgur determines "What's popular right now." Whoa danm, there are some bizarro a$$ images in my feed. It makes no sense.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Internet is a bizarre place :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use my Facebook account...freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when I start to get used to and like Flickr, they get acquired by SmugMug.  I hope that they leave the interface alone and don't transfer it to their system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Just when I start to get used to and like Flickr, they get acquired by SmugMug.  I hope that they leave the interface alone and don't transfer it to their system.

Agreed. While I have used SmugMug to purchase photo prints from a photographer that uses them, I wasn't particularly thrilled with their interface. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be really pissed if they change it.  I freaking love Flickr... :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped storing pictures after the Photobucket thing; I upload stuff to post in the forum there, but then I just basically abandon them. Any pictures I wish to store, I keep elsewhere. 

So the only issue for me will be, where am I going to upload my future memes for forum use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on this? Finally got a couple jerseys back to photo and post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t noticed any changes with Flickr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Haven’t noticed any changes with Flickr. 

Yup, that’s where I am also. No issues, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you guys post here, what type of attachment process do you use? I can't seem to get images to show up regardless of which method I use. The user error is strong in this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

When you guys post here, what type of attachment process do you use? I can't seem to get images to show up regardless of which method I use. The user error is strong in this one.

I've been clicking the share photo button (looks like an arrow) and just copy/pasting the Url it generates.  The forum software will automagically expand it into an image with a link back to Flickr.
 

History of the Hockey Jersey, 1983-1993

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

When you guys post here, what type of attachment process do you use? I can't seem to get images to show up regardless of which method I use. The user error is strong in this one.

For me with Flicker, I just copy the link for the photo, and then paste it here in the body of my post, and when you paste it, it automatically converts to an actual picture instead of just showing a link...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I've been clicking the share photo button (looks like an arrow) and just copy/pasting the Url it generates.  The forum software will automagically expand it into an image with a link back to Flickr.
 

History of the Hockey Jersey, 1983-1993

 

 

That’s how it’s done. 

42111453302_c96cb0024e_b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KB67 said:

For me with Flicker, I just copy the link for the photo, and then paste it here in the body of my post, and when you paste it, it automatically converts to an actual picture instead of just showing a link...

So literally just copying the URL into the usual response field will do that? I'll give that a shot again. Tried everything last night  and all I saw was text so I never posted. Maybe it converts after you post..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

So literally just copying the URL into the usual response field will do that? I'll give that a shot again. Tried everything last night  and all I saw was text so I never posted. Maybe it converts after you post..?

It usually converts after your paste, but sometimes you'll need to hit the Enter button.  The forum software does this with most links (images, twitter, FB, etc).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I've been clicking the share photo button (looks like an arrow) and just copy/pasting the Url it generates.  The forum software will automagically expand it into an image with a link back to Flickr.
 

History of the Hockey Jersey, 1983-1993

 

 

I don't see an arrow. 

Im also using an iPhone 5 usually, maybe it's a software thing on my end. I'll try the link in the body method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I switched to Flickr, my links didn't seem to convert an embedded pic unless it was designated as Public.  Friends/Family/Private all just stayed as text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't see an arrow. 

Im also using an iPhone 5 usually, maybe it's a software thing on my end. I'll try the link in the body method.

The arrow is in the Flickr app or the desktop browsers. Might not be in the mobile version of the site. I copied the url though and I think it works though.

Test:

2017-18 Warm-up Worn Scott Laughton, Hockey Fights Cancer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this