Tampa Bay Home Jerseys?

TBLightningFan

First of all, hi everyone! I'm Eric. I've been lurking here for a little while following the ins and outs of the forum, and finally found something to post about. I own a few jerseys and found icejerseys.com while searching for a new edge. My new Lightning jersey will be here by Oct 26th, full authentic and customized for Brad Richards. I can't wait. So, hi everyone! Look forward to talking to all of ya.

Anyway, about my topic. I've been to some preseason events, a few of the home preseason games, and done plenty of research online about the new jerseys. Up until tonights game against the Devils it seemed as though we had player numbers on the front of white away jerseys but not on the front of black home jerseys...until tonight. Lo and behold, out skate my Bolts in home blacks with their numbers on the front. I'm torn on how I feel about the front numbers on away, let alone home jerseys. Plus, now my authentic won't be accurate if this is the look they stick with...kinda nitpicking but it seems kinda obnoxious.

So I wonder, has anyone else noticed this with their team of choice? I know a few teams had front numbers on their aways, but I hadn't seen any on homes until tonight. Have you? Does anyone else know more about this than I do?

I'll post some pictures if anyone's interested.

Glad to be here folks! Here's to a great season!

Welcome brother! You've come to the right place!

I know the Islanders, Sabres, Sharks and Stars all have the numbers on the chest of their roads but anyone else, I'm not sure. I haven't seen a whole lot of games so far since the season only started Wednesday and I was at the Garden all night last night.

As far as those new Bolts jerseys go, they look a little TOO black. There needs to be some kind of break on the shoulders or sleeves.

Welcome brother! You've come to the right place!

I know the Islanders, Sabres, Sharks and Stars all have the numbers on the chest of their roads but anyone else, I'm not sure.

Welcome as well. Brilliant, I think that those are the only jerseys with the numbers on the front. I, for one, like them on the shoulder (not the Dallas version of them) and have my alt Sabres jersey have the number on the front and it looks sharp to me. You guys certainly looked good against NJ last night.

Heh...you're right...the Dallas home one looks like a basketball jersey. That is so unbelievably ugly, I just can't get over it. Why not just rip the arms off and get it over with?

I am very grateful the Devils did not change the appearance of their jerseys. At the most recent Devils fan club meeting Lou Lamoriello said something like "You have no idea the hell I had to go through to do that."

He is the man.

As for the Lightning, I think they would look better if their jerseys were a dark blue instead of black, kind of like the background in their alternate jersey from about 8 years ago. But then again, maybe the black jerseys make it harder for the entire Devils team to find Lecavalier when he is wide open with nobody within 900 feet of him deep in the Devils zone to score the game-winning goal. <_<

Welcome to the board.

Looking back at pictures from the unveiling, I see what you are talking about. The Lightning at the unveiling of the jerseys did not have numbers on the front of the home jerseys, they also didn't have them in the preseason games, yet in their game against the Devils they did have the numbers on the front. I hope that your jersey has the numbers on the front since that appears to be how the team is going to have them.

I also went to shop.nhl.com and checked their little customization thing they have for the teams jerseys and on the front of the Lightning home jersey it doesn't show the numbers either.

Strange.

As for the nitpicking about the looks, this would be the place. Fear not, there are plenty here who are the same way.

Welcome to the board.

Looking back at pictures from the unveiling, I see what you are talking about. The Lightning at the unveiling of the jerseys did not have numbers on the front of the home jerseys, they also didn't have them in the preseason games, yet in their game against the Devils they did have the numbers on the front. I hope that your jersey has the numbers on the front since that appears to be how the team is going to have them.

I also went to shop.nhl.com and checked their little customization thing they have for the teams jerseys and on the front of the Lightning home jersey it doesn't show the numbers either.

Strange.

As for the nitpicking about the looks, this would be the place. Fear not, there are plenty here who are the same way.

Thanks for the welcome all, good to be here!

Now I'm torn. I also checked the shop.nhl site last night and it doesn't add a number to the front of homes. But I checked the away jerseys, and it doesn't display a front number on those either... Maybe this is just too new a development. I wonder how the new black home authentic I ordered from icejerseys back in September will come. I really hope they catch this if it's gonna stick this way for the season.

So another question for you jersey gurus...how hard is it to have the small front numbers added post customization? I'm guessing ij.com won't add those front numbers so I'll have to get them done later after I receive the jersey...there's a place at the Forum that does customization, but I'm not sure how well, or what kinds. Since they're not standard size, and a different color than on the aways, they might be really hard to track down. Had I noticed it before I would have asked them while I was there. So what's your take? How should I go about making sure I get what's going to be true "on ice authentic"?

But then again, maybe the black jerseys make it harder for the entire Devils team to find Lecavalier when he is wide open with nobody within 900 feet of him deep in the Devils zone to score the game-winning goal. <_<

Yeah, that was pretty obvious. Looked great in person though. Devils put up a good fight though. Those penalties were killing me.

Not as much as the ever changing Bolt home jersey, but still.

Thanks for the welcome all, good to be here!

Now I'm torn. I also checked the shop.nhl site last night and it doesn't add a number to the front of homes. But I checked the away jerseys, and it doesn't display a front number on those either... Maybe this is just too new a development. I wonder how the new black home authentic I ordered from icejerseys back in September will come. I really hope they catch this if it's gonna stick this way for the season.

So another question for you jersey gurus...how hard is it to have the small front numbers added post customization? I'm guessing ij.com won't add those front numbers so I'll have to get them done later after I receive the jersey...there's a place at the Forum that does customization, but I'm not sure how well, or what kinds. Since they're not standard size, and a different color than on the aways, they might be really hard to track down. Had I noticed it before I would have asked them while I was there. So what's your take? How should I go about making sure I get what's going to be true "on ice authentic"?

You could take it to a local shop, assuming you live in the Tampa area I am sure that there is a shop that specializes in the team font and should be able to do the front numbers. Another option would be to PM CryWolf and ask him if you have any options related to icejerseys that could possibly involve sending it back to have the front numbers put on.

Welcome TBLightning fan! You are in good company here. I'm pretty upset at the Avalanche and Oilers changes. Both had two of the better jerseys in the league (a little biased, but overall, still my opinion) and I think they did a little TOO much. I think you will be in the right place about the front number customization.

I just thought of something, since the jersey isn't supposed to ship for another 3 weeks or so, as stated you should PM CryWolf and see about having the front numbers added while the jersey is in customization, he might be able to get a message to the customizer on time on your behalf.

Thanks for all the advice folks! I'm about to shoot CryWolf a PM and see if they can add those front numbers. If nothing else, I'm sure he'll appreciate the heads up on the change to the home jerseys for future orders.

The place at the Forum (they only carry replicas) said they'd add the front number to my home authentic if I brought it in for around 20-30 bucks. But I'd rather have the pros at IJ.com handle the whole job.

And wow, the Bolts played well last night against Thrashers. How are your teams doing? :skaterblu:

And wow, the Bolts played well last night against Thrashers. How are your teams doing? :skaterblu:

Well of the two teams I really like, you just mentioned the opposite side of one of them. As for the Sabres, not quite where I want them to be but it is still a lot of hockey to be played.

I've really only paid attention to the Coyotes, the Avs and the Ducks this season so far. Coyotes lost 3-2 last night to Boston and are 1-1 so far on the season. The Avs beat the Stars and from that not sure what else they've done. The Ducks are hard to miss, they look like they are struggling from their London trip, 4-0 whipping by the Blue Jackets on Friday and lost last night to Pittsburgh.

Right now, here in the valley the big news has been the D-Backs, so I've been watching them and the Rockies-Phils series which both ended last night. GO D-BACKS!

Well of the two teams I really like, you just mentioned the opposite side of one of them. As for the Sabres, not quite where I want them to be but it is still a lot of hockey to be played.

Point taken. I felt bad for you guys...seems like you had a hard time getting anything going. But as you said, there's still plenty of hockey to be played this season. If being a Lightning fan has taught me anything, it's patience.

Haven't heard anything from CryWolf yet, btw, but I'll let you guys know what they say. I'd hate to have to trust customization to some random local shop (provided I could find one, haven't seen anything in Tampa or St. Pete, where I'm from).

I've really only paid attention to the Coyotes, the Avs and the Ducks this season so far. Coyotes lost 3-2 last night to Boston and are 1-1 so far on the season. The Avs beat the Stars and from that not sure what else they've done. The Ducks are hard to miss, they look like they are struggling from their London trip, 4-0 whipping by the Blue Jackets on Friday and lost last night to Pittsburgh.

Right now, here in the valley the big news has been the D-Backs, so I've been watching them and the Rockies-Phils series which both ended last night. GO D-BACKS!

Once my Rays were out (as we always are), I stop watching. I'll throw my support to them for ya. Really, I'll throw my support to anyone but the yankees. Steinbrenner sits in the box behind my season tickets at the Devil Rays games when the Yanks come to town, and it's always fun to see him "disappear" when my pitiful Rays embarrass his high paid Yanks.

Once my Rays were out (as we always are), I stop watching. I'll throw my support to them for ya. Really, I'll throw my support to anyone but the yankees. Steinbrenner sits in the box behind my season tickets at the Devil Rays games when the Yanks come to town, and it's always fun to see him "disappear" when my pitiful Rays embarrass his high paid Yanks.

I'm normally a Chicago White Sox fan myself, but they've been out of it since mid-summer and I can't gripe too much since they won the World Series two years ago. I gotta pull for the hometown team these days, plus I have a friend in Denver, so I'm thinking a friendly wager is in the cards. Its really cool to see the local team on such a focused national stage. Its always fun watching the Yankees lose, although kind of sad tonight since it may be Joe Torre's last game. You have my respect being a Devil Rays fan! What are they going to do with their name and colors for next year, I heard they were changing.

On the topic of Lightning jerseys, I was a big fan of the old one and it seems like I'm one of the few I've seen online. I got to see them play in Phoenix in 05 in their whites, but I got a lot of praise on my black jersey there that I wore for the game. I wish they would've come up with a different style jersey than the template pattern they have, the logo looks nice, but it would've been cool to see more blue and silver trim.

You have my respect being a Devil Rays fan! What are they going to do with their name and colors for next year, I heard they were changing.

Here they are, as leaked to the local paper. Official unveiling is early next month. Hopefully, they'll make some changes before then, because as of right now I really really dislike them.

Home

1412990600_10b36ec47b_o.jpg

Away

1412990750_aa7367684a_o.jpg

They dropped the green, I think that's what bugs me the most. The star on the R is also kinda bizarre. Oh well. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

Also...before I forget. I shot icejerseys.com customer service a message asking about those front numbers on the home sweaters. Their ever helpful staff said they'd make sure it got on there, no additional charge. I'm really looking forward to seeing my edge, and it's really nice to deal with such a responsive business even after they have your cash.

I wonder if this means they'll start putting the numbers on all the home black jerseys for the Lightning like the team does. Seems that shop.nhl doesn't put them on the home OR aways from the look of their site. Nice to see ij.com does.

Tampa Bay dark jerseys WILL have the front numbers with IJ customization. Come on guys... we're on the ball here!

That is understood, the issue was based on the fact that he ordered it before it was fully known that the jersey would have numbers on the front.

Here they are, as leaked to the local paper. Official unveiling is early next month. Hopefully, they'll make some changes before then, because as of right now I really really dislike them.

Home

1412990600_10b36ec47b_o.jpg

Away

1412990750_aa7367684a_o.jpg

They dropped the green, I think that's what bugs me the most. The star on the R is also kinda bizarre. Oh well. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

Also...before I forget. I shot icejerseys.com customer service a message asking about those front numbers on the home sweaters. Their ever helpful staff said they'd make sure it got on there, no additional charge. I'm really looking forward to seeing my edge, and it's really nice to deal with such a responsive business even after they have your cash.

I wonder if this means they'll start putting the numbers on all the home black jerseys for the Lightning like the team does. Seems that shop.nhl doesn't put them on the home OR aways from the look of their site. Nice to see ij.com does.

Those kind of look like a cross between the LA Dodgers and somewhat of a minor league type jersey. Me personally I preferred their inagural jerseys...but those things were unique.

IJ really is a great place for jerseys, I've dealt with them on once and their customer service (CRYWOLF ;) ), has been great.

That is understood, the issue was based on the fact that he ordered it before it was fully known that the jersey would have numbers on the front.

Exactly. Glad to see icejerseys.com is taking care of this for me. I ordered back in late september before the Lightning made the change, which we first saw Oct 4th on opening night.

It really is nice to shop with a company so on top of their product and the sport they cater to. I can't wait to see my Edge!

As for those Devil Rays jerseys, the general consensus of St. Pete locals around here is similar to the welcome the Buffalo jerseys got. :blink:

Why is our ray logo yellow trimmed now? Why'd we drop the "Tampa Bay" from the aways? Where's the green? They were fairly unique, now they're mundane and bland at best, a lil' nightmarish at worst. Uugh.