Islanders pro Fisherman jersey value?

jigglypuff

Hi guys, 

I need to sell off some of my collection and I'm trying to gauge values. The three I'm having trouble getting an idea of value are:

Islanders fisherman CCM Pro, white, 48

Lightning storm CCM Pro, blue, 52

Kentucky Thoroughblades Kiprusoff Bauer Pro, dark, 52

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The best way that I try and determine prices is to see what they sell for on eBay.  

The fisherman is tough, because sometimes replicas sell for more that an authentic jersey.  For example, two replicas sold this week between $200 - 250, but last week as size 52 authentic sold for $158 and a blue one sold for $165.00

Storm authentics are hard to find, so the value is hard to determine.  Replica typically sell for the $150-200 range.  That's a good one though - if fact, PM me, I might be interested myself.

The Kentucky Thoroughblades is a little tough, two game worn jerseys just sold for $175.99 yesterday.  That might be ball park for what I would expect.

Also, the market is down right now - so values might adjust once the season starts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone see this type of lettering font on a Fisherman before?  I think it's from the latter part of the 97-98 season when they were back to wearing the wave style with regular Isles crest, but still this font is way smaller than usual. Thought it was semi-interesting...

50004568896_321db27a13_c.jpg

Compared to:

48506849106_17dfa01d0b_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

All of the gamers I found briefly browsing 97-98 Isles jerseys showed a consistent larger font, nothing close to resembling the Palffy above.  They probably just swapped nameplates in and out at times for whatever reason??

That font looks like it was the earlier 1995-1996 font https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/new-york-islanders-patrick-flatley-checks-ottawa-senators-news-photo/53124312?adppopup=true

I am not sure the exact date of the photo you posted, but sometimes Getty pics are in the wrong year / season. It's weird that the Palffy helmet doesnt have the 16 on the back. The 25th anniversary helmets (96-97) definitely had a number + JJC sticker

And I am honestly not sure about the swapping of nameplate - but I have wave gamers that have kiss cut, semi-kiss cut, and stacked numbers on the same jersey.  There was no consistency with Cutting Edge. 

Edited by NYIJM29

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Anyone see this type of lettering font on a Fisherman before?  I think it's from the latter part of the 97-98 season when they were back to wearing the wave style with regular Isles crest, but still this font is way smaller than usual. Thought it was semi-interesting...

Most of the font looks the same except for the Y. Is the bottom pic a gamer? If not, it just looks like the kit may have been applied to a much smaller sized jersey. 

32 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Most of the font looks the same except for the Y. Is the bottom pic a gamer? If not, it just looks like the kit may have been applied to a much smaller sized jersey. 

No, not a gamer, size 52 authentic.

3 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

And I am honestly not sure about the swapping of nameplate - but I have wave gamers that have kiss cut, semi-kiss cut, and stacked numbers on the same jersey.  There was no consistency with Cutting Edge. 

Were all three customization styles used in 95-96? Any photos I can find from that season look like stacked numbers. I have one that I need to get customized when Cutting Edge is operating again and I'm not sure if I there is a correct style to order or if it's a decision I need to make. Likely leaning towards Bertuzzi if that makes any difference at all.

Edited by Van67

On 6/14/2020 at 2:45 PM, Van67 said:

Were all three customization styles used in 95-96? Any photos I can find from that season look like stacked numbers. I have one that I need to get customized when Cutting Edge is operating again and I'm not sure if I there is a correct style to order or if it's a decision I need to make. Likely leaning towards Bertuzzi if that makes any difference at all.

I do not believe so - I think 95-96 was the stacked twill. Things got wonky in 96-97 and 97-98.

First year Fisherman's were all stacked and yes, things got wonky after that, :lol:

On 6/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, NYIJM29 said:

It is, I did a deep dive one day because of this jersey.

The smaller font is definitely from the 95/96 season, I don't believe I've ever seen it used after that.

They also used 2 different Y's but I wasn't really able to pinpoint when it changed or if it was just random throughout the years.

I personally think that smaller font looks horrible, so, I went w/ the larger font on my 95/96 not really caring if it's 100% on ice spec.

Edited by CYI3ERPUNK

14 hours ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

I personally think that smaller font looks horrible, so, I went w/ the larger font on my 95/96 not really caring if it's 100% on ice spec.

That's my feeling!