What is the most money, time, & effort you have put into a single jersey?

Zeshy25

5 hours ago, chow_hound said:

Yes. Black SCF is game issued. Rest of everything is GW

Wow. That is a great Bure collection. 

7 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

I'm over here now, wish it was 2013 again for some sweet sweet dollar parity

Enjoy.

Heard something on radio this morning from an economist saying if US do raise interest rates (likely in the near-ish future) then AUD is probably only going one way and that isn't going to help us purchase more hockey jerseys.

Guest Dr_Puck

It once took me two years and emails to 1) Former team owner 2) several players 3) a league rep and multiple calls to the city that owned the rink to track down some lower-league gamers. It was worth it as I have the only two gamers at all from this team to ever hit the market. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

It once took me two years and emails to 1) Former team owner 2) several players 3) a league rep and multiple calls to the city that owned the rink to track down some lower-league gamers. It was worth it as I have the only two gamers at all from this team to ever hit the market. 

Winner winner chicken dinner 

22 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Enjoy.

Heard something on radio this morning from an economist saying if US do raise interest rates (likely in the near-ish future) then AUD is probably only going one way and that isn't going to help us purchase more hockey jerseys.

Thanks mate. Yeah our dollar is gonna likely drop vs the greenback

I recalled I did buy a $300 authentic that needed a strip and a new kit. After shipping vosts that was a $400 endeavor.

Grossest Jersey I ever had when it was received, the white sections were perfect tan from grime. It all came out in the first wash, but it required two more (one using full strength detergent which I rarely use) to get the smell of funk out of it. Seller said it was on display in his bar. I’m not sure if his bar was in the middle of a garbage dump, but I suspect yes. 

On 10/5/2017 at 5:48 PM, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

$1000? 

Btw, wouldn't have the balls to do that, but that's a great project fan jersey. 

It actually wasn't that bad. Plus I was able to sell the other jersey with the 15 crest and 17 arms for almost what I paid. So I guess it may not be my most expensive jersey. In all honesty, I want to make another one!! 

On 10/7/2017 at 2:03 AM, Hawks2797 said:

My latest Barber pole Hawks comes to mind.  Bough on Facebook from a guy who didn't want to move it. I made an offer and he said ok.  I knew the customization was off and i would be stripping and sending it to Keener.  So I paid Way to much knowing it would be stripped and redone.Way to much to buy to be stripping any jersey but I couldn't resist . It was a 52 and those never come up.  But in the end it turned out perfect!!

Funny. Like 6-7 years ago I was on the hunt for a size 52 white Hawks ultrafil. At the time, they seem to be impossible to find. Ended up trading my Hawks TBTC jersey for it. Was very happy with the trade at first, but obviously ended up regretting it. Thankfully I was able to find another TBTC for dirt cheap as well as a few more ultrafils as time went on. 

On 10/7/2017 at 10:50 AM, Hockey Bob said:

I don't think Matt's story counts :P
There are a lot of people that would buy his jersey for more than he's put into it. 

(let me know when you are selling it :D

ha! If I do decide to make another one I'll let you know.