NY Islanders fisherman/lighthouse 1995-1998 jerseys question

Lightbringer

1995-1996 and 1996-1997 the Islanders wore the FISHERMAN LOGO on the chest.

During 1997-1998 they wore the same jersey but with the regular NY Islanders logo.

My question. During these 3 season, were the retail authentics available in size 44 during any of the 3 season? 

Has anyones seen a size 44 of these jerseys? The smallest I have seen is 48, but I have only searched the last year or so.

I guess people on here will know this easily :-)

Thank you!

Edited by Lightbringer

I have another question also. I have seen some replica BLACK version of the FISHERMAN logo jersey. Are these jerseys legit? Are they extra rare?

And why black when the team did not use black on the fisherman jerseys?

Yes they make them in a size 44.  The black jerseys were just replicas that starter did as an alternate color jersey.  They did this for a lot of teams.  Blackhawks had a Yellow jersey, Sharks had a black jersey as well if I remember correctly.  The teams never wore this style though.  It was just one of those starter things they did in the 90's, kind of like the Starter baseball style hockey jerseys that were popular in hip-hop like Kris Kross. "Daddy Mac will make ya...JUMP! JUMP!"

Everything is to the back, with a little slack. Cuz inside-out is wiggity wiggity wiggity wack!

file-photo-kris-kross-star-chris-kelly-d

RIP "Mac Daddy". 

Edited by jsh139

4 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Yes they make them in a size 44.  The black jerseys were just replicas that starter did as an alternate color jersey.  They did this for a lot of teams.  Blackhawks had a Yellow jersey, Sharks had a black jersey as well if I remember correctly.  The teams never wore this style though.  It was just one of those starter things they did in the 90's, kind of like the Starter baseball style hockey jerseys that were popular in hip-hop like Kris Kross. "Daddy Mac will make ya...JUMP! JUMP!"

Thanks for info.

The size 44 must be really rare, as I have not seen it once in 12 months checking on ebay everyday for Islanders jerseys. I thought size 48 was the smallest, but now I know better :-)