Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
spudrock512

1997-98 Washington Capitals Customizing Help

Recommended Posts

I have Keener working on a kit for a blue Capitals jersey I have, and we are both having trouble figuring out the proper customization - stacked, or kiss cut. Here is a link to at 1997-98 Bill Ranford White jersey from that year that appears to be stacked numbers: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Bill_Ranford_Washington_Capitals_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-4591-120.html

Does anyone know if they used stacked for both the white and the blue through the whole season?  I am making mine a Stanley Cup finals jersey, so I want to make sure it is accurate to what they used during the finals. And, if they were stacked, does anyone know when they went to kiss cut?

Thanks for any help as we want to make sure before Keener starts cutting the kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to throw this out there too.  The link I added above, shows a Bill Ranford jersey and it is listed at 1997-98, however, it has the Capitals across the front.  Didn't they remove that for the 1997-98 season?  I think the game worn jersey that was sold may have been the wrong year - I think that is would have been from the 1996-97 season, but than it should of had the JB Patch.

I'm so confused...(it doesn't take much)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better off just buying a Detroit jersey from a real team in '98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure Keener doesn't bind the edges of the nameplate.  Cutting Edge Sports made sloppy kits and didn't bind the nameplates.  If you ever have a white jersey done up, always remember to pee on the nameplates to simulate the yellowing from the cheap Arse glue they used.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 10:35 AM, spudrock512 said:

I have Keener working on a kit for a blue Capitals jersey I have, and we are both having trouble figuring out the proper customization - stacked, or kiss cut. Here is a link to at 1997-98 Bill Ranford White jersey from that year that appears to be stacked numbers: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Bill_Ranford_Washington_Capitals_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-4591-120.html

Does anyone know if they used stacked for both the white and the blue through the whole season?  I am making mine a Stanley Cup finals jersey, so I want to make sure it is accurate to what they used during the finals. And, if they were stacked, does anyone know when they went to kiss cut?

Thanks for any help as we want to make sure before Keener starts cutting the kit.

 

From capsjerseys.com:

Numbers - The numbers are layered so that there is only one full layer. The home jerseys have the black layer on the bottom, then a thin bronze outline sewn on top of the black and then a very thin white outline layer on top. Likewise, the road jerseys have the white layer on the bottom, then bronze, then black.

Namebar - The letters are three-color tackle-twill letters in the same color scheme as the numbers attached to a namebar made of Airknit material. The letters are layered exactly like the numbers. The letters of the third jersey are arched along the bottom with the beginning and end of the name being taller than the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what did the capitals use last year and this year, kiss cut or layered? 

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

So what did the capitals use last year and this year, kiss cut or layered? 

They have been using kiss-cut numbers and layered names on the regular whites and reds (although the recent 3rds had layered numbers).  Looking at Meigray, it looks like that continued this past season with the switch to the Adidas jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmation on both Caps items here:

 - I had a 1995-00 Caps jersey done by EPS (which was of course, not the customizer at the time) done a few years back - like capsjerseys.com describes, they did both my numbers and name in full kiss-cut.  White home jersey, so black on the bottom, then bronze, then white.  I didn't have to specify this for them - they just did it.

 - I also have MIC adidas home and away jerseys for this season, done by EPS (stripped from MeiGray).  It is layered names on a bar, with kiss-cut numerals, as it was on Reebok home and away jerseys in years' past.

Sorry I don't have a photo hosting service set up right now, otherwise I'd post pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, wow that is pretty specific,  It is layered names on a bar, with kiss-cut numbers ........... so if one was to have EPS  make a current caps jersey, would you have to specify this, or should you just write, "as you always do, to on ice specs" since they are the ones doing the caps jerseys?

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tomtucker said:

thanks, wow that is pretty specific,  It is layered names on a bar, with kiss-cut numbers ........... so if one was to have EPS  make a current caps jersey, would you have to specify this, or should you just write, "as you always do, to on ice specs" since they are the ones doing the caps jerseys?

As long as you want it customized as worn during the years they have done the on-ice jerseys (2008-present), I have just said to customize the jersey as worn on the ice during the 20xx-20xx season, and it was no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

As long as you want it customized as worn during the years they have done the on-ice jerseys (2008-present), I have just said to customize the jersey as worn on the ice during the 20xx-20xx season, and it was no problem.

thank you ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×