CCM 550 Vintage "smooth polyester/ultrafil"

LondonGardens

Seeing some throwback CCM replica 550 Vintage series jerseys out there that are different from the double-shoulder air-knit that are typical of the 550 Vintage replicas.  These odd balls are billed as 'smooth polyester' or 'ultrafil' by vendors.

I have never felt a jersey with ultrafil as I'm new to this. Does anyone know if this is the same ultrafil that many really seem to like? Are these 550s a very old version, or were they special edition?

Can anyone speak about the quality of these? I have some of the air knit replica 550s that seem really well built for a replica (like my yellow/greenSeals).  Thanks in advance!

I’m have not seen these replicas. But, the Ultrafil replicas from back in the day were much lighter weight and much less durable than the Ultrafil authentics we all love. I don’t know if that’s the material they are using, but if so, they look great when new but the material pills/pulls very easily.