Help with some jerseys I want to send in to their proper customizers

shilenj

If you're not comfortable stripping the plate and getting someone local to sew the letters back on, then just send it back and chalk it up as a learning experience. 

Since it sounds like you don't have a record of your instructions (another lesson learned), just nicely explain the situation. Maybe they'll do it for free. If they charge you, I'd expect about 20 bucks. Shouldn't be the full amount.

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

If you're not comfortable stripping the plate and getting someone local to sew the letters back on, then just send it back and chalk it up as a learning experience. 

Since it sounds like you don't have a record of your instructions (another lesson learned), just nicely explain the situation. Maybe they'll do it for free. If they charge you, I'd expect about 20 bucks. Shouldn't be the full amount.

Thanks furiousd.  I hope they'll be able to clean it up for a relatively low cost, maybe even free like you said.  I'll have to call them Monday.

Should the jersey still look okay when the nameplate comes off?  Luckily it's a dark color and isn't an Away white or anything. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable.

4 hours ago, shilenj said:

It took Blake's about only a month to do my Seguin and return it to me.  I'll post pictures at a later time but they did a great job and it came out perfect.

I also sent in my Coyotes Kachina Throwback to Artcraft Sports Apparel.  The customer service on the phone was great.  The woman I talked to told me I didn't need to send any photos to go by or anything and that they had all the materials needed.  All she said to send was a note saying I wanted it done to on-ice specifications with the alternate captain's "A" patch.  They were very helpful and the turnaround time was only about two weeks.  However, I noticed upon receiving the jersey back that they put a nameplate on it.  I checked more photos again and the jersey wasn't supposed to have a nameplate at all.  Everything else looked fine but the nameplate is definitely not supposed to be there.

Now, one of two things happened.  Either they made a mistake and put one on or I, who at the time thought the Coyotes didn't have one for on-ice specs for this jersey, made a mistake and perhaps accidentally wrote down that I wanted a matching EDGE nameplate included.  With all the jerseys being packaged up and sent out recently, it could very well have been my own fault and I could have just made an error when I wrote down what I wanted done.

Since it's the Kachina Throwback, the jersey's black.  How would you guys go about having this fixed and done the way it was originally supposed to be done?  My best bet I'm sure is to call Artcraft and explain to them what happened and send it back and see if they can strip the nameplate and re-do the lettering without it for another charge (maybe they won't charge me the full customization amount if I'm lucky).  Is this what you guys would suggest doing?  I don't think I want to touch it myself because I have no experience with doing the work on my own.  Since it's a black jersey do you think it'll show much after it's redone correctly without the nameplate?

Again, this could easily and likely have been my fault and not theirs.  I'd bet on it being me actually.  Simple mistake and the first time I messed up customization directions.  I just want to get it fixed so it's done the right way.  Big pain of having in shipped back and paying extra to fix it now but I learned to be extra careful next time.

The nameplate will come off very easy and you should be fine.

I don’t know their prices, EPS charges $35 for a new nameplate, sewn on (I’ve always stripped the old one myself so I don’t know what they charge for that). 

It’s likely somewhere in that neighborhood. 

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

I would think that cost is low, but I could be wrong.

Also, have you had issues on an away jersey? In my experience the nameplates always come off clean, it’s the numbers I worry about. 

I've stripped a couple aways with no real issues. I posted a while back about taking the name off a white Stars, but the bucket policy change probably killed the pics. That one took some work to clean up, and I ended up having to take the numbers off too.  Been procrastinating on the rest of the cleanup.

Has anyone sent something to Arena Wear recently? Curious what the turnaround time is these days.

3 hours ago, EdMc28 said:

Has anyone sent something to Arena Wear recently? Curious what the turnaround time is these days.

Probably not that bad since they aren’t cranking out Nash jerseys by the dozen and don’t have to worry about 3-4 playoff sets for another couple of years. 

8 hours ago, EdMc28 said:

I sent them a Winter Classic jersey a little over a month ago. Turnaround was 3 1/2 weeks and they were still getting a good amount of work at the time from th NHL Store. I would think they are back down to 1-2 weeks by now.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:11 PM, lhg39 said:

I sent them a Winter Classic jersey a little over a month ago. Turnaround was 3 1/2 weeks and they were still getting a good amount of work at the time from th NHL Store. I would think they are back down to 1-2 weeks by now.

NHL Store as we know it is changing at the end of the season.

Fanatics only...

• 1 month later...

Looking for some help. I've tried like hell to find out who did the Sabres' winter classic jerseys this year to no avail. I emailed Action Spot and they confirmed they didn't - so does anyone know who did? Or at least, who can do them right? I'd probably go with Keener but looking to avoid the US/CA shipping.

On 4/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, TheBZ said:

Looking for some help. I've tried like hell to find out who did the Sabres' winter classic jerseys this year to no avail. I emailed Action Spot and they confirmed they didn't - so does anyone know who did? Or at least, who can do them right? I'd probably go with Keener but looking to avoid the US/CA shipping.

I was told by both the Sabres Store and EPS that it was EPS who did the game jerseys and the felt kits they sold in the store.

That confirms something I heard but was not certain about- thanks for that info!

• 10 months later...