EPS Spring Sale 2018?

mfitz804

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent one Devils jersey in to them on March 30th. Wasn’t expecting it anytime soon, but then again, I’ve been hanging onto the jersey for six months already, so time to get to ball rolling. I inquired about my jersey last week, and Josh replied in minutes, saying “the name and numbers were done and it just has to be stitched on. Should be done by the end of the week.”

I just received my invoice and paid. Looking forward to receiving it this week. Not too bad. 

6 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Sent one Devils jersey in to them on March 30th. Wasn’t expecting it anytime soon, but then again, I’ve been hanging onto the jersey for six months already, so time to get to ball rolling. I inquired about my jersey last week, and Josh replied in minutes, saying “the name and numbers were done and it just has to be stitched on. Should be done by the end of the week.”

I just received my invoice and paid. Looking forward to receiving it this week. Not too bad. 

Thanks for the update. I sent in stuff a week or so after that which should, in theory, now be invoiced in a week or so. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks for the update. I sent in stuff a week or so after that which should, in theory, now be invoiced in a week or so. 

I’m wondering if being the squeaky wheel got him to throw it together. No surprise to you, you know what jersey it’s is, so I’m sure they’ve had the kits already made and could have finished the job in an hour, but I’m just happy to add it since you just don’t seem to make any goalie cut Brodeurs for me to buy off of you. 

29 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I’m wondering if being the squeaky wheel got him to throw it together. No surprise to you, you know what jersey it’s is, so I’m sure they’ve had the kits already made and could have finished the job in an hour, but I’m just happy to add it since you just don’t seem to make any goalie cut Brodeurs for me to buy off of you. 

Nope, I can’t handle the giant sleeves. And believe it or not, when I get jerseys made, it’s actually my intention to keep them. All evidence to the contrary, I know.

• 2 months later...

Not sure where else to post but, what's the latest on EPS turnaround time?  I thought I read somewhere that they had put collectors jerseys on hold for awhile.

Or was that Arenawear who had temporarily stopped taking customer orders?

I have some Rangers jerseys (TBTC, 2018 Winter Classic, early 2000's CCM/ Kohos) I want to get done before the start of the season. 

I just got an order back from EPS a few days ago that took 2 1/2 months for production.  They tend to get busy around August so even if you sent in an order now it’s rather doubtful you’d get them back before the beginning of the season.

I read here that it was Arenawear that had stopped taking customer orders, but I have no idea if that was/is still true, as I do not use them.

My last 3 EPS orders were 12 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks. 

I sent one in very recently that I don’t expect back until mid October. 

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I just got an order back from EPS a few days ago that took 2 1/2 months for production.  They tend to get busy around August so even if you sent in an order now it’s rather doubtful you’d get them back before the beginning of the season.

I read here that it was Arenawear that had stopped taking customer orders, but I have no idea if that was/is still true, as I do not use them.

Have you noticed any significant discrepancies/ issues with the customization from EPS compared to Rangers game-worn jerseys and/or customized by Arena Wear? I know Arena Wear is the official customizer but, want to get a sense of how far off EPS is. Will try reaching out to Arenawear to see if they are taking customer orders again. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

My last 3 EPS orders were 12 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks. 

I sent one in very recently that I don’t expect back until mid October. 

- That means if I send mine next week I probably should not expect them back until late October/ early November-ish. What is Keener's usual turnaround? 

Keener’s turnaround is about a month.

36 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

Have you noticed any significant discrepancies/ issues with the customization from EPS compared to Rangers game-worn jerseys and/or customized by Arena Wear? I know Arena Wear is the official customizer but, want to get a sense of how far off EPS is. Will try reaching out to Arenawear to see if they are taking customer orders again. 

I’m probably not the best person to ask since I have never had any recent Rangers jerseys lettered by either customizer.  But I have seen numerous references in this forum to differences in EPS’ home/road numbers vs. those of Arena Wear.  Trouble is, I have no idea if these differences are enough to bother you personally.  The only instance I remember where someone actually posted pics of the two would be around 5 years ago, when Akteon made this post:

The comments in posts just before this one were relevant also.  Sorry if this isn’t much help to you.  If it were me, I’d just go with Arena Wear (if possible) for the newer ones, instead of taking a chance with any non-official team customizer.  For really old stuff like the TBTC though, I wouldn’t assume AW would necessarily be any better than anyone else.

EPS:

One order shipped to them on 4/6/18 - Still outstanding 3.5 months later (in their defense it was 8 jerseys with some fairly rare teams/fonts)

Second order shipped to them on 5/29 - Still outstanding 2 months later (2 jerseys, one Florida Panthers and one Long Beach Ice Dogs)

Third order shipped to them on 6/14 - Received yesterday, turnaround <6 weeks (this was 2 Capitals jerseys, so it's easy for them)

So, my point being, that EPS turnaround could be anything, except quick.

Edited by LetsGoCaps
Clarity

8 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

So, my point being, that EPS turnaround could be anything, except quick.

That about sums it up.

I’d add, the 8 week order and 12 week order I referred to above contained the same jerseys, one regular Devils (both white), one retro Devils replica (one home, one road). The order with the older, non Edge jersey was the 8 weeker. 

So there’s zero logic to it, it’s just what hey get to when they get to it. 

Could be worse.  I've emailed Bobcat FOUR separate times about jersey customization with zero response.  I also sent them a jersey over two months ago and emailed them the other day asking how to update my payment info... with no response.  I've complained about this before, but that's shite customer service, I don't care how small the order is.  Be happy that Josh/EPS will at least respond and tell you to GFY.

That's really unfortunate. I had a pleasant experience with Bobcat with my jersey order. Mind you, the only contact I had with them was once my order was finished, so the situations aren't entirely analogous.

My Erie Otters DeBrincat jersey took 18 weeks to get back from EPS. It seems like whenever I finally call to ask about where the jersey is they say they are just finishing up and it's going out soon. When I called about this one I had back the next day. I should just start calling earlier to get the ball rolling.