Rangers jersey question

NorCalFlamesRangers

I just purchased a  Reebok Rangers home jersey, size 58+, from JerseyBaron. The tag on the collar is the "Made in Canada" tag, with the flag, and size. On the side seam, near the lower hem of the jersey is the "Reebok/ Maska" tag. On that tag there is a sticker applied, that reads "06 03 13", I'm wondering if that was the manufacture date? Thanks! 

That is correct.  There should also be another sticker with a similar date on the paper tag attached to the sleeve.

The sticker on the paper tag reads either "14 03 13", or the "1" might be a cut off zero so it may be "04 03 13". So would this jersey be from the 12-13 season, or 13-14? I want to avoid a jersey foul when I get it customized. There was a sticker inside the fight strap as well, it read "60". Thanks for the replies!

It indicates March 2013, so it was made during the 2012/13 season.  But in regards to fouls, the manufacturing date really doesn't matter at all, since there are no differences between the Rangers home jerseys over recent years.  You could customize it for anyone you want from 2011-17, probably.

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It indicates March 2013, so it was made during the 2012/13 season.  But in regards to fouls, the manufacturing date really doesn't matter at all, since there are no differences between the Rangers home jerseys over recent years.  You could customize it for anyone you want from 2011-17, probably.

Right.

Do teams reuse their old stock from the previous year, assuming they have extras of the same make and model? Or does all of the unused stock for the year get sold or something?

Edited by gwarjis

I'm sure it happens all the time.  Since this jersey was made at the very end of the 2012/13 season, who knows during what season it actually would have been used?  And really, once the sticker is removed, or falls off, or gets obliterated after the first wash, who could tell (or would even care) when the jersey was made?  :)

Great! Thanks for the info! It gives me a few more options. I was thinking of having Shanahan put on it, but it would be a foul by a few years.

Don't listen to these guys. That's the expiration date on the tag. As you can probably see, that jersey is about five years past it's date. I would throw it out before you end up rooting for a miserable franchise. Oh wait....too late!

3 hours ago, NorCalFlamesRangers said:

Great! Thanks for the info! It gives me a few more options. I was thinking of having Shanahan put on it, but it would be a foul by a few years.

If you somehow got a vector patch and changed the wordmark, then it might not be a foul. Teams wore the 1.0 during the 07-08 season but I’m not sure if most teams abandoned them and went to 2.0 during that season or waited until the next season. If the switch was made during then Shanahan would actually be fine.

7 hours ago, OR68 said:

If you somehow got a vector patch and changed the wordmark, then it might not be a foul. Teams wore the 1.0 during the 07-08 season but I’m not sure if most teams abandoned them and went to 2.0 during that season or waited until the next season. If the switch was made during then Shanahan would actually be fine.

I thought about that. Even with the wordmark it's not a massive foul, the vast majority of people would have no idea. 

• 2 months later...

I had the word mark replaced with a Vector (thanks Brilliant!!) years back to make my 85th anniversary Callahan accurate. I’m too lazy to look up the DSM category of mental illness this falls under but I’m leaning towards OCD.