third jerseys are back

vadarx

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see the Hawks with a third similar to the 2017 WC, or even something really different. Nothing against the black ones, as the most recent was nice, but having a third jersey with no major changes aside from color of jersey and minor details is a waste of an opportunity IMO.

I'm not sure if we're allowed in this Blackhawks thread, MFitz.

Flyers announced a few months ago that they would have a third jersey that looked similar to their black Stadium Series.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Flyers announced a few months ago that they would have a third jersey that looked similar to their black Stadium Series.

Even if it was a Blackhawks thread (it's not), isn't the general rule of online forums that you should comment regardless of whether or not you're on topic?

I thought I saw an order guide that showed 13 or so teams doing a 3rd jersey next year and Chicago was not one of them.

I, personally, would love it if they did a red version of their 2017 WC jersey. Even if it's for the 2019 WC, I'd be cool with that. The old black alt is always solid, but I almost agree that it's been done and apart from the slight change of cut in the jersey it'll basically be the same as the Reebok era.

7 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I thought I saw an order guide that showed 13 or so teams doing a 3rd jersey next year and Chicago was not one of them.

I, personally, would love it if they did a red version of their 2017 WC jersey. Even if it's for the 2019 WC, I'd be cool with that. The old black alt is always solid, but I almost agree that it's been done and apart from the slight change of cut in the jersey it'll basically be the same as the Reebok era.

YES. PLEASE.

I think the addition of the Chicago stars was a nice touch for the 2016 SS, and would be a cool addition to a third jersey, maybe with "Chicago" as the crest with the stars worked in, almost like baseball teams do.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Like that's ever stopped me lol. 

44 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Even if it was a Blackhawks thread (it's not), isn't the general rule of online forums that you should comment regardless of whether or not you're on topic?

Yes, but in any event, the topic as I see it is the availability of 3rd jerseys next year. We all basically knew it from the outset, as when the Edge jerseys came out, if I recall, there weren't alternates the first year either. We all opined that they would probably be available next year. Flyers confirmed they are a couple months ago, and this is further confirmation by the Blackhawks of what we were all expecting. 

As far as what color/style the Hawks jersey should be, ask someone else, do I look like a Hawks fan??? ;) 

Is it bad that I had to go back and look up what each of the Chicago outdoor game jerseys look like on nhl uniforms?  They are just in too many of them for me to keep track of.

Devils will likely have the retro jersey as their third jersey.  Then again then could go in a completely different direction and either give us a sort of 2004 NHL All Star game-esque retro sort of treatment or another possibility is all black (shutter).

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As far as what color/style the Hawks jersey should be, ask someone else, do I look like a Hawks fan??? ;) 

I don't know. Do you sit against the glass in a fake jersey texting during the game..? :o

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That's what she said. 

(Sorry, Parrot, I had to channel my inner mfitz. I think he's contagious.) 

35 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't know. Do you sit against the glass in a fake jersey texting during the game..? :o

Not a fake jersey, actually an adidas MIC, but yeah, spent thousands of dollars on a trip to NYC and about $7 on Islanders tickets just to have the wife on her phone the whole game, and of course, the Canucks cameras caught her, and then my phone didn’t stop going off for about an hour. SMH.

On the Phone

22 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Not a fake jersey, actually an adidas MIC, but yeah, spent thousands of dollars on a trip to NYC and about $7 on Islanders tickets just to have the wife on her phone the whole game, and of course, the Canucks cameras caught her, and then my phone didn’t stop going off for about an hour. SMH.

On the Phone

Wait, that's actually you and your fam? That's fun, and sucks at the same time.

54 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's what she said. 

Isn't that what she said also?

I almost said "Another black one would be nice though" in reference to jerseys but I figured I wouldn't encourage MFitz by handing him the low hanging fruit.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils will likely have the retro jersey as their third jersey.  Then again then could go in a completely different direction and either give us a sort of 2004 NHL All Star game-esque retro sort of treatment or another possibility is all black (shutter).

i feel like doing the Devils retro jersey in an Adidas template is kind of sacrilege. I'd accept something different using the old green. The 2004 All Star has long been my idea for a great Devils jersey (the Eastern Conference one already has red, so its not a far leap). I would not want all black, but black-based I would be OK with. I feel like I want something totally new, a true 3rd jersey. But, having seen the Binghamton Devils jerseys, that concept also frightens me. 

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Well done. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's what she said. 

I am contagious. Tell your mom i said I'm sorry. ;)

40 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I almost said "Another black one would be nice though" in reference to jerseys but I figured I wouldn't encourage MFitz by handing him the low hanging fruit.

I certainly would not have let that pass. And I am not touching your "low hanging fruit" no matter how many times you try to hand it to me. 

Edited by mfitz804

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i feel like doing the Devils retro jersey in an Adidas template is kind of sacrilege. I'd accept something different using the old green. The 2004 All Star has long been my idea for a great Devils jersey (the Eastern Conference one already has red, so its not a far leap). I would not want all black, but black-based I would be OK with. I feel like I want something totally new, a true 3rd jersey. But, having seen the Binghamton Devils jerseys, that concept also frightens me. . 

I wouldn't bet against the Devils doing something different this time around. There's a ton of Devils fans on FB that are scared to death of the concept concerning a black jersey but the time might finally be right with this. If it's done in a manner which flatters the logo and colors (maybe introducing grey/silver for some contrast trim), i have no issue with it. If it's throwing a goat head like Devil on the front, dumb looking emoji with crazy striping or such then i won't blame the masses for revolting (although i'd wind up with a game worn for sure lol).  

I love the Retro and i think it would look pretty decent in an Adidas jersey. It'll finally lose the dress shirt hem. The only thing i'd be a bit concerned with would be the collar design hoping not to get that polo shirt looking element.

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

lol, I actually looked for a different link but the only one I could find last night was this one. 

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

yeah, I expect that the 'hawks thirds womt ne around until 2019 when they can change that god awful collar.

I am half expecting them to use that design at the WC this year, personally. they've never worn red outdoors, so I am guessing this is the year.

4 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

I wouldn't bet against the Devils doing something different this time around. There's a ton of Devils fans on FB that are scared to death of the concept concerning a black jersey but the time might finally be right with this. If it's done in a manner which flatters the logo and colors (maybe introducing grey/silver for some contrast trim), i have no issue with it. If it's throwing a goat head like Devil on the front, dumb looking emoji with crazy striping or such then i won't blame the masses for revolting (although i'd wind up with a game worn for sure lol).  

I love the Retro and i think it would look pretty decent in an Adidas jersey. It'll finally lose the dress shirt hem. The only thing i'd be a bit concerned with would be the collar design hoping not to get that polo shirt looking element.

If they are going to do a Retro, they can't do it on an Adidas template which eliminated most of the striping. If they are going to take the red jersey and replace black with green, that will be incredibly stupid. Bring back the stripes and the piping on the shoulders, maybe. 

There is, of course, a segment of Devils fans who believe that the Retro jersey was already our "third jersey", which of course, it wasn't. It was a special event jersey worn 1-2 times a year, (if Lou felt like it, for a while also).  Not the same. 

There's a part of me that definitely feels left out of the horrific, aborted jersey group that many teams belong in. I'd definitely buy one, no matter how horrific, and it will be fun to watch people in 10 years scrambling for them even though everyone hated them and thought they were stupid when they came out. 

I'm kind of feeling a goat head jersey now. That would be kind of amazing. Take the old Black River Rats with the red and white stripes, and smack a fvcking goat head Jersey Devil dead center on the front. What can we nickname it to compete with "Buffaslug" and "Mooterus"?

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If they are going to do a Retro, they can't do it on an Adidas template which eliminated most of the striping. If they are going to take the red jersey and replace black with green, that will be incredibly stupid. Bring back the stripes and the piping on the shoulders, maybe. 

There is, of course, a segment of Devils fans who believe that the Retro jersey was already our "third jersey", which of course, it wasn't. It was a special event jersey worn 1-2 times a year, (if Lou felt like it, for a while also).  Not the same. 

There's a part of me that definitely feels left out of the horrific, aborted jersey group that many teams belong in. I'd definitely buy one, no matter how horrific, and it will be fun to watch people in 10 years scrambling for them even though everyone hated them and thought they were stupid when they came out. 

I'm kind of feeling a goat head jersey now. That would be kind of amazing. Take the old Black River Rats with the red and white stripes, and smack a fvcking goat head Jersey Devil dead center on the front. What can we nickname it to compete with "Buffaslug" and "Mooterus"?

Don't forget the pentagram shoulder patches. 

2 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Don't forget the pentagram shoulder patches. 

Ugh, if only!!! Or at least mount the Captain's C and Alternate's A on top of one...

Go with a completely gothic font too. It'll be horrific/terrific. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It'll be horrific/terrific. 

Which, of course, is also "what she said".