third jerseys are back

vadarx

8 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

You'd get serious cash for either one of those. What will this garbage get you in twenty years?

We weren’t talking most valuable, we were talking worst looking. 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

You'd get serious cash for either one of those. What will this garbage get you in twenty years?

It is different now -- there are going to be thousands of those Lightning jerseys made.  I am genuinely curious to know how many fisherman/BK/WW jerseys were made

45 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

It is different now -- there are going to be thousands of those Lightning jerseys made.  I am genuinely curious to know how many fisherman/BK/WW jerseys were made

Not as many. And many fewer were sold because they were so ugly.

That’s why later they became valuable, obviously. 

On 11/8/2018 at 1:56 AM, Brilliant! said:

Is that perhaps the worst looking NHL jersey ever made?

I would say so because it’s the least ‘jersey’ ever made. Like others have said, it looks like some crappy workout shirt. Even the worst soccer jerseys have more design to them 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Brilliant! said:

Is that perhaps the worst looking NHL jersey ever made?

Yes. Yes it is.

Anyone know why all of the thirds are not yet available for sale? Probably going to have to buy an Indo Devils retro...

1 hour ago, Kingofkings said:

wtf ever happened to the kings having a 3rd? 2nd half of the season maybe?

It was leaked earlier this week. It’s just the 50th anniversary jersey, minus the gold trim around the crest.

3 minutes ago, Kingofkings said:

how did I miss that lol

Here’s the picture, and they’ll be wearing them next Friday’s Nov. 16th....

LA Kings 3rd Jersey

It looks so much like the 50th Anniversary one that I don’t think I’m even going to want one.  Well, that’s less money I’ll have to spend on Indos...

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, Lightbringer said:

When will Vancouver wear the 50th year Flying skate jersey?

Next season is the 50th Anniversary Season, so they’ll be wearing that new Adidas Skate Jersey, and they’ll also be introducing a new 3rd Jersey next season as well, from what I hear.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, LAK74 said:

It looks so much like the 50th Anniversary one that I don’t think I’m even going to want one.  Well, that’s less money I’ll have to spend on Indos...

I'm sure I'll smash like 4 12.00 beers and end up buying one haha

On 11/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, LAK74 said:

I mean, it pretty much is the 50th anniversary jersey. I don't see any meaningful differences between the two. Has there been confirmation whether or not the numbers will still have gold trim?

I doubt they will have the gold trim.  It will most likely be a more drab version of the 50th Anniversary jersey, without even shoulder patches to dress it up a bit.  I already have two 50th 2.0's, so unless there's a big surprise, I'm not feeling any motivation to get one of these 3rds.

Hopefully the Kings will still put some kind of laser etched design on the twill again like they did with the 50th anni jerseys.  That was a cool little design element that made the jerseys that much more unique.

3 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Hopefully the Kings will still put some kind of laser etched design on the twill again like they did with the 50th anni jerseys.  That was a cool little design element that made the jerseys that much more unique.

That's what I'm most curious about. Looking back I'm bummed I didn't pick up a 50th ann simply because the number etching was so cool.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:07 PM, guam64 said:

The Sharks' 3rd jersey is basically part of an advertising deal they have with Seagate and their s***ty hard drives that last about as long as most Sharks playoff runs.

The Sharks no longer have an affiliation with Seagate nor are they ever mentioned in the arena anymore. So this post not only is lacking fact but it is also pretty stupid. 

Edited by joe2heatley

These things might be the highlight of the Dec.23rd game.  Jerseys are gonna be awesome, but love these.

32059468968_6ef515d39d_b.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kingofkings said:

noticed that the kings alts don't have the Adidas pill tagging on the front of the jersey. wondering if this is up to the team on a jersey by jersey basis? are all retail alts not tagged this way?

If you’re referring to the little button on the bottom front of the jersey, they stopped putting them on the jerseys they produced this season...

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Goddamn! Those Whalers pads are incredible. I love Pucky on the blocker. Frank Pietrangelo would be proud.

2 hours ago, JJM4 said:

These things might be the highlight of the Dec.23rd game.  Jerseys are gonna be awesome, but love these.

32059468968_6ef515d39d_b.jpg

Imagine if the Canucks and Canes played and wore the retro jerseys.....what a night that would be....

Canucks Retro Pads