third jerseys are back

vadarx

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

Any idea when the Flying Skate jersey will drop?

The new Skate jersey and the new home and away will be available in September, likely once the preseason games start.

• 1 year later...

Will the Arizona Coyotes wear the Kachina jersey next season? Or was it only a one year thing? I am not exactly sure whats going on with me, but I almost had a panic attack thinking about them retiring the jersey again.....

Edited by Lightbringer

26 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Will the Arizona Coyotes wear the Kachina jersey next season? Or was it only a one year thing? I am not exactly sure whats going on with me, but I almost had a panic attack thinking about them retiring the jersey again.....

I'd be surprised if they are not brought back next season. 

1 hour ago, Lightbringer said:

Signs point to them becoming the full-time primaries.

Forgot where I heard it, but I did hear something about that new "fourth jersey" program the NHL was getting most, if not all, teams involved in is being shelved for 20-21 and instead is pushed to 21-22 due to the uncertainty of if fans will be in the stands next season.

Anyone else hear something of this sort?

33 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Signs point to them becoming the full-time primaries.

That would be terrific, thanks for info. How is it looking with 3rd jerseys for next season now? Has the corona made everything uncertain? It seems Florida has scrapped the idea of a 3rd jersey. Will the Blues bring back the retro version they used this season?

Edited by Lightbringer

Teams were originally supposed to wear these “reverse retro” jerseys as a fourth jersey. It was confirmed that the Avalanche would be doing a variation of the Nordiques. 

Not sure if the program is still happening with COVID. 

13 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

What the F(&^*** hell is reverse retro meant to mean?

Technically, wouldn’t the current jerseys be the reverse of retro?

On 9/4/2020 at 10:25 PM, DJ Rhea said:

What the F(&^*** hell is reverse retro meant to mean?

https://www.icethetics.com/jerseywatch-2020

• 4 weeks later...

On-ice jerseys will be interesting with the gold flake, but overall they’re...uh... different 

https://www.icethetics.com/news/golden-knights-add-sparkle-with-shiny-new-third-jersey

The MIC look MUCH better than the Indo and it looks better when paired with equipment. Im not a fan of the white on the sleeves, but I like it better than when I first saw it. How many of us are going to own one even?

First person to get one has to change their screen name to Dr. Sparklejersey, MD. 

Edited by mfitz804

Who do they think they are? The Saints??

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

Consequently, I really liked those unis. I had one for a while but a friend of mine wanted it more.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

Is there a certain date for when 3rd jerseys for all teams will be confirmed? Or will some teams announce them like 1 day before the season begins?

I have a feeling the announcement is contingent on how next season will look like.  If the NHL is not going to allow fans into the arenas, it makes little sense to release something for the public to buy that they cannot see in-person and would be better off pushing until the 21-22 season.

15 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have a feeling the announcement is contingent on how next season will look like.  If the NHL is not going to allow fans into the arenas, it makes little sense to release something for the public to buy that they cannot see in-person and would be better off pushing until the 21-22 season.

This is what I personally think is going to happen with these retro jerseys teams are supposed to be wearing next season. I feel the NHL would much rather teams wear these with fans rather than an empty arena.

25 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

This is what I personally think is going to happen with these retro jerseys teams are supposed to be wearing next season. I feel the NHL would much rather teams wear these with fans rather than an empty arena.

To this days a lot of fans that are not jersey nuts like we are purchase their jerseys at the arena.

*But... 
With empty arena's they will be looking for other sources of revenue so I'm thinking it'll be full steam ahead on jerseys. 

Also, 
Living in Illinois where most everything is on lockdown and seeing fans in the stands during the World Series playoffs as well as NFL / College football I'm betting we'll see butts in the seats sooner than later. 

Just my thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

*But... 
With empty arena's they will be looking for other sources of revenue so I'm thinking it'll be full steam ahead on jerseys. 

Also, 
Living in Illinois where most everything is on lockdown and seeing fans in the stands during the World Series playoffs as well as NFL / College football I'm betting we'll see butts in the seats sooner than later. 

Just my thoughts. 

This is a fair argument too. I hope they wear them, however I'm not holding my breath. I always like to see the Leafs wear some one offs and gives me a challenge for another MIC to obtain.