vadarx

third jerseys are back

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If they are going to do a Retro, they can't do it on an Adidas template which eliminated most of the striping. If they are going to take the red jersey and replace black with green, that will be incredibly stupid. Bring back the stripes and the piping on the shoulders, maybe. 

There is, of course, a segment of Devils fans who believe that the Retro jersey was already our "third jersey", which of course, it wasn't. It was a special event jersey worn 1-2 times a year, (if Lou felt like it, for a while also).  Not the same. 

 There's a part of me that definitely feels left out of the horrific, aborted jersey group that many teams belong in. I'd definitely buy one, no matter how horrific, and it will be fun to watch people in 10 years scrambling for them even though everyone hated them and thought they were stupid when they came out. 

I'm kind of feeling a goat head jersey now. That would be kind of amazing. Take the old Black River Rats with the red and white stripes, and smack a fvcking goat head Jersey Devil dead center on the front. What can we nickname it to compete with "Buffaslug" and "Mooterus"?

Sure they can. Unless the organization/Adidas is more interested in continuity, then the Retro jerseys shouldn't have a change from anything that came before. It wouldn't be a matter of fit, either, although they would suffer from that warping of the hem striping in the back like all other teams. I actually like the thought of flipping the colors of the current jerseys to red/green (someone on FB did a mock up last summer and it wasn't a bad look). Add the green pants w/trim and i don't think it would be that bad. It would come off as lazy and a lack of imagination, though. If they did that, then i would say that it's a continuity thing where they want to keep everything the same look.

I don't know about a Devils head or something like that. I can't get on that wagon lol. Maybe the closest id get to that is some type of play on the mid 60's EHL Jersey Devils logo (which BTW..that entire jersey design has a classic look. Would love that)

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ugh, if only!!! Or at least mount the Captain's C and Alternate's A on top of one...

Go with a completely gothic font too. It'll be horrific/terrific. 

 

Any Ts in the name bars could be inverted crosses.

when do my royalty checks start arriving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If they are going to do a Retro, they can't do it on an Adidas template which eliminated most of the striping. If they are going to take the red jersey and replace black with green, that will be incredibly stupid. Bring back the stripes and the piping on the shoulders, maybe. 

There is, of course, a segment of Devils fans who believe that the Retro jersey was already our "third jersey", which of course, it wasn't. It was a special event jersey worn 1-2 times a year, (if Lou felt like it, for a while also).  Not the same. 

 There's a part of me that definitely feels left out of the horrific, aborted jersey group that many teams belong in. I'd definitely buy one, no matter how horrific, and it will be fun to watch people in 10 years scrambling for them even though everyone hated them and thought they were stupid when they came out. 

I'm kind of feeling a goat head jersey now. That would be kind of amazing. Take the old Black River Rats with the red and white stripes, and smack a fvcking goat head Jersey Devil dead center on the front. What can we nickname it to compete with "Buffaslug" and "Mooterus"?

I don't feel left out at all.  I am glad we missed that part with the truly awful design.  The owners were already facing an uphill battle with a lot of fans from the moment they bought the team which only got worse with some fans with the new jersey design.  Couple that with some fans still beating on the goal song war drum 3-4 years later and a cr@p-looking third jersey will have pretty awful consequences.

I also still think the change of 1 retro night a year to two a year was a way of owners gauging how the fans would take to a full time third jersey worn in 6-10 games a season (plus the money).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Sure they can. Unless they are more interested in continuity, then the Retro jerseys shouldn't need to suffer from any removals of striping.

Some minor changes to the stripes on Edmonton's unis would give a good template for a Devils retro. 

Oilers30.png

Boy.  I really dislike the curved stripes on the tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re going to alter the Devils Adidas template, sure, it could be done. The Edmonton shows that. My point was, on the current template, it would be a total lazy cop out to just switch the colors. Not that I think they would look bad, I would just favor something else. 

36 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Any Ts in the name bars could be inverted crosses.

when do my royalty checks start arriving?

And now I need a player with someone me T’s in his name on mine. Guess that means Jesper Bratt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Even if it was a Blackhawks thread (it's not), isn't the general rule of online forums that you should comment regardless of whether or not you're on topic?

I was just being funny :)  The first 4 posts were from Chicago fans ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

I was just being funny :)  The first 4 posts were from Chicago fans ;)

Don't be too funny, you'll get accused of distracting people from the serious hobby of collecting other men's sweaty shirts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I was just being funny :)  The first 4 posts were from Chicago fans ;)

what gave it away? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Wait, that's actually you and your fam? That's fun, and sucks at the same time.

Yeah, I was the subject of some ridicule for a few days, that’s for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, I was the subject of some ridicule for a few days, that’s for sure.

It's pretty funny. Only difference between your wife and my wife is we didn't have as good seats, so she didn't get caught on camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I was just being funny :)  The first 4 posts were from Chicago fans ;)

Ha, no worries, I was being an Arse as always.

I was snidely pointing out that since it's a forum online, it's basically rule number 1 to insert your opinion or comment whenever possible even if-  ...scratch that, especially if, it is off topic and unhelpful.

Also, who isn't a Hawks fan since Toews and Kane created the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Ha, no worries, I was being an Arse as always.

I was snidely pointing out that since it's a forum online, it's basically rule number 1 to insert your opinion or comment whenever possible even if-  ...scratch that, especially if, it is off topic and unhelpful.

Also, who isn't a Hawks fan since Toews and Kane created the game?

i think Bill Cosby created Kane's game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i think Bill Cosby created Kane's game. 

Evander resents this comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It's pretty funny. Only difference between your wife and my wife is we didn't have as good seats, so she didn't get caught on camera. 

same here except replace wife with girlfriend...  well we had pretty good seats in san jose, but I don't think we got caught on camera. I hope we didn't cuz I was hammered... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sensing a common theme here. My wife came with me to 4 games this year (including one in Phoenix and one in Vegas). She did pretty well at the philly and Phoenix games but by Vegas she had reached her limit for the year. Face in the phone the whole time. Oh well, she’s not a hockey girl. 

She did wear her 1.0 authentic Gagne I bought and customized for her, though 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now