third jerseys are back

vadarx

18 minutes ago, LondonGardens said:

But at least with 3rds they will likely be used for a good number of years, increasing the chance the TI/GI/preseason ones get out.

Works if your team sells to the public lol

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Works if your team sells to the public lol

Everything will get out eventually.  Just have to be patient.  

Ugh I saw that on twitter and thought it was a joke - like a horrible knockoff where all the colors were off and the put on random patches.

I could stand everything else on the jersey but the current logo on the shoulders in the normal color kills it. They should have recolored them silver or something. Somewhere I was reading that this is just the anniversary jersey and will only be worn for one year. After that people believe they will go back to the orange third. Might have read it on the Chris creamer board.

Edited by AeroFishOne

I like everything but the shoulders.  However I will still reserve final judgement until I see them in a game.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I like everything but the shoulders.  However I will still reserve final judgement until I see them in a game.

Yup, shoulders kill it for me too. 

honestly the more i look at them the thing that seems to annoy me the most is the orange sticks on the front ... granted no one uses wood sticks anymore anyway, but at least make them yellow like they were originally with that logo ...

I've been trying to figure out if I like this design or not. Going back to the original, it was the third of the trinity of NHL jerseys to break into the mainstream, following the black and silver Kings and the Sharks. When these came out, they sold so well the stock price of CCM at the time rose, and USA Today did an article in the business section about it. So the original jerseys really moved the needle, so to speak. I guess I feel that the new one doesn't really pay homage to it, it kind of bends over and drops a deuce on it. The black body color and the shoulders, along with the orange sticks, as akteon pointed out, really hurt this jersey, IMO. But since most of the "market" for this was either too young or not born when the original came out, they really don't care about that at all. So I give it a big fail. They should have followed the Coyotes. They did it right, IMO.

21 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

The orange sticks make perfect sense. 

I like that it has a goalie mask that literally has a duck bill but we’re concerned whether the color of the sticks is realistic. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

It’s not earth-shattering but there are unconfirmed reports that the Blue Jackets are bringing back the cannon. 

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/07/23/blue-jackets-bringing-back-the-cannons-in-2019/

On that site, they also wrote that although the Canucks were on the initial list of 19 teams coming out with either a 3rd, SS, or WC Jersey, they are now no longer expected to be coming out with a 3rd Jersey for this season, which makes me very sad,  cause they have a chance to do something really cool with the Skate Jersey.....

Next year is the 50th Anniversary Season, so I guess they want to do something in conjunction with that, which I understand, but they could have done something edgy and cool this season, then gone with something retro for next season to mark the 50th Anniversary Season, but what do I know.....I’m just a jersey nerd with money to spend on jerseys.....

15 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

The orange sticks are revisionist.

But since it's not a pure throwback, it makes sense as a nod to the Ducks being Orange County's team. When I did the Ducks' jerseys for my Nike NHL design series and brought back the Mighty Ducks jerseys, I made the sticks orange for that exact reason. An orange stick wouldn't look right on the ice, but neither would a yellow stick, so strictly for the purposes of the logo, it looks good.

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

First official look at the Flyers third, which is basically just a copy of the 2017 SS jersey.

Happy Halloween. 

I am guessing this picture posted on the Penguins Facebook account today might be a subtle hint of a 3rd jersey announcement coming soon, although it doesn't mention anything regarding the matter.  Just funny that they use a picture of 3 guys wearing gold jerseys.  Don't think this would be earth shattering news though since it's kind of expected I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Canucks fan, I would love it if they would bring it back as the permanent alternate jersey. Being the 50th Anniversary throwback in 19/20, it means that it's not the alternate jersey the Canucks will have starting this upcoming season. 

38 minutes ago, Van67 said:

As a Canucks fan, I would love it if they would bring it back as the permanent alternate jersey. Being the 50th Anniversary throwback in 19/20, it means that it's not the alternate jersey the Canucks will have starting this upcoming season. 

I read somewhere that they’re no longer going to be doing a 3rd Jersey this season, that they had dropped it and were no longer on the list that was floating around fron a Adidas....