third jerseys are back

vadarx

39 minutes ago, Van67 said:

As a Canucks fan, I would love it if they would bring it back as the permanent alternate jersey. Being the 50th Anniversary throwback in 19/20, it means that it's not the alternate jersey the Canucks will have starting this upcoming season. 

What would be awesome though would be if they just adopted the Skate Logo completely for the 50th season, barring a presumed lockout that may be on the horizon, and brought out all 4 jerseys at some point in the season , the black one, the white one, the sunflower yellow one, and of course, the salmon red one.....

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I read somewhere that they’re no longer going to be doing a 3rd Jersey this season, that they had dropped it and were no longer on the list that was floating around fron a Adidas....

If true, that's quite disappointing. The team's PR needs help. They did well doing a fan vote for this, but having to wait a year is stupid. I've also heard rumours that 22 and 33 won't be going to the rafters until the 50th Anniversary season. That should happen at the 18-19 home opener. All we need for the 50th anniversary is a patch, and one fans can actually buy without having to purchase an overpriced replica with it. 

Looks like Devils will be announcing theirs soon per their twitter

I would have preferred a new third, but there was a lot of risk involved with that too. No telling whether it would be cool or Burger King level horrific. 

They did it right though, they kept the old layout. I was fearful of them just swapping green for the black in our current designs. 

Now if they'd only give us real authentics we can buy, that would be great. 

22 minutes ago, zpalffy said:

I saw this in an Islanders ticket info email.  No idea if this is their 3rd, but I'd find it odd if they designed a jersey just for a giveaway.

(not that its a particularly interesting design, but throwing it out there)

islanders.PNG

The Isles are definitely a mystery.  I heard a few different rumors that the jersey is going to be either (1) blue, (2) orange, or (3) isnt going to be worn.  

7 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

The jerseys itself is fine but the customization on that New Jersey retro is god awful. Looks like a cheap fake. 

I’m hoping the real ones will look better and that one was just thrown together for advertising purposes. We have seen that before. 

I mean, if it was me, I would also have pressed it so it looked clean and new. They didn’t do that either. 

It's annoying that they're using the recent font instead of the original 82-92 font.  But, they did that with the red retros, too, so I shouldn't be surprised.

49 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It's annoying that they're using the recent font instead of the original 82-92 font.  But, they did that with the red retros, too, so I shouldn't be surprised.

It would make sense. But, of course, from the customizer's point of view, its far easier to just do the same thing and swap black twill for green.

Not that it would have to be an issue in today's world of laser cutting and probably better quality sewing, but the customization on some of those old Devils jerseys looked completely awful. How many have you seen that are mis-spaced, or crooked?

If they just did the old font and then cut and sewed it correctly, I would be OK with that. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It would make sense. But, of course, from the customizer's point of view, its far easier to just do the same thing and swap black twill for green.

Not that it would have to be an issue in today's world of laser cutting and probably better quality sewing, but the customization on some of those old Devils jerseys looked completely awful. How many have you seen that are mis-spaced, or crooked?

If they just did the old font and then cut and sewed it correctly, I would be OK with that. 

That's one of the reasons I keep going back to Ruberti's.  The guy that does the jerseys is one of the same guys that did them originally.  So, all the little spacing/crookedness issues and inconsistencies are still there, lol.  Makes it feel much more authentic to me.

Changing fonts is as much an issue today as it would have been 30 years ago.  Time is the name of the game and even though it's seems insignificant to us its just so much easier and faster with less chance of mistake for the shop to just do the lettering the same between all jerseys only swapping twill colours when cutting.  

Personally, I kind of like the little variations you see on jerseys.  Laser cutters and computer controlled embroidery machines are great but I really do prefer the work you'll see done by hand.  It's kind of like a signature where you can tell who did the customization by looking at the small details in the jersey.   

They couldn't even get the crests on straight on Devils jerseys back in the day. But that's more a CCM issue, I would imagine. If our game jerseys looked like this old gamer, I would be pissed. It looks like sh!t. 

84922073814f27f4.jpg

6309.jpg

Yeah, that nameplate is a disaster.  I'm fine with slight imperfections but by fukc is that nameplate shite.

8 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Yeah, that nameplate is a disaster.  I'm fine with slight imperfections but by fukc is that nameplate shite.

Uh huh. And the 5 on the back isn't even sewn down flat, look how it is curled up unevenly. I mean, it was nice of them to give a blind guy a job, but jersey customizer was the wrong job. 

For Devils jerseys, the gamers that I have that were done by Cosby and CC were all over the place.  Crooked nameplates, numbers, inconsistent stitching, etc.  It really wasn't until EPS took over in 2005 that it got much better and far more consistent.

However, with the switch to PX last year I am seeing a return to inconsistency with quality.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

For Devils jerseys, the gamers that I have that were done by Cosby and CC were all over the place.  Crooked nameplates, numbers, inconsistent stitching, etc.  It really wasn't until EPS took over in 2005 that it got much better and far more consistent.

However, with the switch to PX last year I am seeing a return to inconsistency with quality.

Yup and yup. Any excuse to post the picture of my Prout nameplate literally falling off the jersey. Nice sewing, guys. 

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

They couldn't even get the crests on straight on Devils jerseys back in the day. But that's more a CCM issue, I would imagine. If our game jerseys looked like this old gamer, I would be pissed. It looks like sh!t.

Would make them easy to photomatch, that's for sure!

13 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

44201457511_5453df52ff_k.jpg

That's embarrassing, a pro team putting that level of crap customization on the ice/field is inexcusable. And that's the jersey of an overall #2 pick that was supposed to be part of your franchise's future. 

Interesting to see the bottom of the 9 has the same curvature issue as the #5 I posted above. Probably the same unskilled person who sewed them on.