third jerseys are back

vadarx

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve noticed that curvature on tons of GW jerseys. I wonder if it’s a result of washing and stretching that goes on. Pretty sure they’re not put on that way. Compare the “3” in these two (top is authentic and bottom is GW):

1999-00 Eric Desjardins (Back)

8858321_orig.jpg

According to my Twitter feed, the Canucks COO confirmed today that there will be a 3rd jersey in 2019-20, in addition to the black skate jersey, which is for the 50th anniversary. 

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I’ve noticed that curvature on tons of GW jerseys. I wonder if it’s a result of washing and stretching that goes on. 

Absolutely- the twill shrinks over time, and sometimes starts pulling the jersey fabric in certain directions.  Not long ago I stripped some layered twill numbers from the 80’s and separated the layers.  Each layer had shrunk so differently over time that I couldn’t even line up the layers anymore!  Each layer would no longer fit properly over the others.

Edited by LAK74

I’ve had that curving effect happen on new numbers when stitching the layers together.  I don’t know why but I think the tension from stitching or how it’s fed through the sewing machine would cause it if I wasn’t carefull

24 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I think those are a job well done. 

54 minutes ago, furiousd said:

This has the potential to be the first time I get angry about the unavailability of MiC jerseys.

Angry? Or did you mean furious? ??

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Blues showing off their third jersey tonight.

...and here it is. 

Edited by jsh139

In one of the photos tweet by the Blues, they showed the inside collar. Its probably a team jersey, but still interesting that it had 'Made in Canada.' Just hoping they plan on selling them this way.

29370111897_f651ee2771_b.jpgUntitled 

6 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

In one of the photos tweet by the Blues, they showed the inside collar. Its probably a team jersey, but still interesting that it had 'Made in Canada.' Just hoping they plan on selling them this way.

Eh... don't hold your breath. 

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Eh... don't hold your breath. 

Oh I know. I just like to find a bright spot whenever I can. Its tough missing out on the Arenas jerseys lol. 

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Oh I know. I just like to find a bright spot whenever I can. Its tough missing out on the Arenas jerseys lol. 

I hear ya. I’m sure they’ll be available someday. Who knows when, though. 

Not quite "new" third jerseys but, more of an homage to the Ducks past jersey history.

https://www.nhl.com/news/anaheim-ducks-vintage-uniforms-wild-wing-jersey/c-299882898?tid=281396148

Ducks will be wearing all 9 of their alternate/ specialty jerseys from their history during warm-ups for select games this season.

This is an awesome idea and..... a blatant money grab. But for us jersey collectors WOOOHOOO!

Wish the NHL would do like a classics week(s) either during the season. Maybe right around the Winter Classic and for two weeks all teams would wear retro jerseys and play color vs color. They could do alternate themes annually i.e. fan-vote on third jerseys for each team, each teams first ever jersey, etc. I know I'm just dreaming but, man it would be awesome.

47 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

Ducks will be wearing all 9 of their alternate/ specialty jerseys from their history during warm-ups for select games this season.

This is an awesome idea and..... a blatant money grab. But for us jersey collectors WOOOHOOO!

The Kings did the same thing during their 50th Anniversary season (2016/17) and wore their old jersey styles in warmups during selected games, but the jerseys used by the players (and sold in the team store) were actually CCM “Vintage Hockey” replicas, not authentics.  So for me at least, it wasn’t that much to get excited about.  One thing that happened was that the release of the VH Burger King jersey seemed to kill the value of the 95/96 replicas, and since then a ton of these started appearing on eBay, for prices considerably lower than what you would see before.  I don’t know if the Ducks are going to sell only replicas as well (I would be very surprised if they made authentics available), but I imagine a similar thing might happen to the 90’s Wild Wing replicas as well.

The Ducks aren't even going to be wearing every jersey. They don't have the white alternate and neither of the Mighty Ducks primaries are the shoulder patched version. Also, it looks like the photo of the 2010 alternate is the current Adidas jersey, so they'll be wearing their current jerseys in warmups and then switching to their current jerseys for the game? I'm confused.

From what I've seen, the older jerseys look to be the same inaccurate versions worn for warmups when they honored Teemu so I wouldn't be surprised if the sold jerseys are the same.

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

The Kings did the same thing during their 50th Anniversary season (2016/17) and wore their old jersey styles in warmups during selected games, but the jerseys used by the players (and sold in the team store) were actually CCM “Vintage Hockey” replicas, not authentics. 

Ducks did the same a few years back. Sold them exclusively at the Honda Center for a ridiculous $400 iirc.