third jerseys are back

vadarx

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

The Flames do the right thing and bring back the classic vintage 80s/early 90s look for their 3rd:

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flames-announce-2018-19-third-jersey/c-300298876

made in indonesia

FU*K YOU  EH

Edited by tomtucker

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were doing the RIGHT thing, they'd make that the home jersey and a white version the road. Hell, I'd even take the 1995-1999 version at this point. Anything is better than the garbage they have now.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:30 PM, SnakeOiler12 said:

The Blue Jackets unveiled the Cannon 3rd at the start of the 2010-2011 season and the Pens Winter Classic style shown above was for the game on New Year's Day 2011, so they are both from the same season. Jackets 3rd was likely worn first, though I did not research the first date it was worn.

They were first worn the day after Thanksgiving, which I believe was a home game against Detroit.  The unveiling was the day before Thanksgiving, during the intermission of a road game against the Islanders.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, tomtucker said:

Thanks for the photos.

? those first 2 are ridiculous, the 3 one however is kinda funny. 

Guess they had to remove him when someone thought it looked like a  pen*s and got offended.......??

Nah, it was because a bunch of Penguins fans got liquored up in, grabbed onto him, and either thrusting or grinding on him.

I think that was the 8th day after Boomer made his first in-game appearance, so I'd imagine that they were simply excited for Boomer's bris.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

Nah, it was because a bunch of Penguins fans got liquored up in, grabbed onto him, and either thrusting or grinding on him.

I think that was the 8th day after Boomer made his first in-game appearance, so I'd imagine that they were simply excited for Boomer's bris.

for reals or are you just joking? ?

On 9/21/2018 at 4:32 PM, Brilliant! said:

If they were doing the RIGHT thing, they'd make that the home jersey and a white version the road. Hell, I'd even take the 1995-1999 version at this point. Anything is better than the garbage they have now.

I’ve always thought that the retros were overrated. Without black trim, the red and yellow bleed together too much. 

I’ve also seen some concepts that darken the shade of red and those look good too. 

15 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I’ve always thought that the retros were overrated. Without black trim, the red and yellow bleed together too much. 

I’ve also seen some concepts that darken the shade of red and those look good too. 

If the Devils had “Christmas Tree jerseys” (which is inaccurate for many reasons”, then those Calgary jerseys definitely look like the Human Torch. 

Which, of course, is the entire point. They’re the Flames. 

7 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Simple but it could be worse. See Winnipeg. 

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Simple but it could be worse. See Winnipeg. 

That is true...... but think how it will look on the ice, all black is really boring, winnipeg at least got a unique color.

up close the sharks jersey might be better, but  in the stands and on TV i definitely think  winnipeg will look nicer for us in the audience.... what do you say ?   

I rather like it.  Of course, I’m used to boring black jerseys.  ?

41 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I rather like it.  Of course, I’m used to boring black jerseys.  ?

black does not have to mean boring.... the Gretzky era jerseys were  some of the greatest ever imo, it's a classy look

I wore the home white version to a funeral.  My grandmother said i looked lovely.... and no i am not kidding. 

21 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

black does not have to mean boring.... the Gretzky era jerseys were  some of the greatest ever imo, it's a classy look

I agree; I also like the Chevy logo jerseys a lot.  My comment was not intended to imply that I think all black jerseys are boring.  But I do appreciate some color mixed in with the black- Chicago’s black/red alternates, or the 90’s Senators are great examples.  I was referring to the current Kings design, which is now over 10 years old.  I’ve never thought this design was all that great, and both our Stadium Series and official alternate jerseys have been basically gray and black as well.  The new third is going to be yet another gray jersey- sigh...  Even being a devout Kings fan, I have no problem admitting that our black/white/gray palette is the most uninteresting in the league, and I would very much look forward to a change, but I also know that’s not going to happen for a while.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

I agree; I also like the Chevy logo jerseys a lot.  My comment was not intended to imply that I think all black jerseys are boring.  But I do appreciate some color mixed in with the black- Chicago’s black/red alternates, or the 90’s Senators are great examples.  I was referring to the current Kings design, which is now over 10 years old.  I’ve never thought this design was all that great, and both our Stadium Series and official alternate jerseys have been basically gray and black as well.  The new third is going to be yet another gray jersey- sigh...  Even being a devout Kings fan, I have no problem admitting that our black/white/gray palette is the most uninteresting in the league, and I would very much look forward to a change, but I also know that’s not going to happen for a while.

To me, the Kings original Gold and Forum Blue were their best.  But thats just me.

26 minutes ago, LondonGardens said:

To me, the Kings original Gold and Forum Blue were their best.  But thats just me.

A lot of fans feel the same way.  But current Kings’ management seems enamored with the black and white look, and since it’s also now associated with the Stanley Cup-winning teams, it’s not going away any time soon, no matter what some of us fans might think or want.

Big fan of the teal arm stripes on the Sharks. It grounds the jersey in a way that the white/teal arm stripes didn't on the last black Sharks jersey. Cutting one color from the stripes should make the teal pop on ice. Every season I try to root for the Sharks just based on aesthetics and every year I forget that they exist (time difference and all) and end up rooting for the Flyers instead. 

Edited by Dr_Puck