third jerseys are back

vadarx

On 8/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That concept is incorrect. The Hawks will be wearing all black/white striped jerseys like they wore from 1927-1934. Only difference will be the crest. 

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Blackhawks04.html

The crest will be all black and white with the new style Blackhawks head

cut.jpg

This has been confirmed by season ticket holders that got a sneak preview of the jersey. The Hawks dropped the ball on this for sure. Using the current logo is lame as hell and don't even get me started on how the feathers touch the edge of the circle. Not separating 'Black' and 'Hawks' is another mistake. Had they used the traditional logo these would have been a home run! They are finally using felt numbers which I know is a gimmick, but I still think they're awesome. Regardless, I'm excited to see them as they're different and the closest to a barber pole we've seen in over 20 years, but they still missed the mark for a 'perfect' jersey. 

Edited by mdwsta4

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Ducks did the same a few years back. Sold them exclusively at the Honda Center for a ridiculous $400 iirc.

Reading over what I wrote about the replicas being sold in the TeamLA store, I realized I was being ambiguous.  It wasn’t the jerseys worn by the players in the warmups that were sold in the team store, but rather blank replicas.  The player-worn replicas were auctioned off, and some sold for really high prices.  Kopitar’s Burger King fetched $4111 (for a warmup-worn replica!), and Jonathan Quick’s (which was not even worn due his being injured) sold for $1275.

I’m pretty sure all proceeds for the auctions went to the Kings’ charity foundation, so at least it all went to a good cause, but man, there are apparently a lot of people in LA with money to burn for souvenirs...

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

That concept is incorrect. The Hawks will be wearing all black/white striped jerseys like they wore from 1927-1934. Only difference will be the crest. 

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Blackhawks04.html

The crest will be all black and white with the new style Blackhawks head

cut.jpg

This has been confirmed by season ticket holders that got a sneak preview of the jersey. The Hawks dropped the ball on this for sure. Using the current logo is lame as hell and don't even get me started on how the feathers touch the edge of the circle. Not separating 'Black' and 'Hawks' is another mistake. Had they used the traditional logo these would have been a home run! They are finally using felt numbers which I know is a gimmick, but I still think they're awesome. Regardless, I'm excited to see them as they're different and the closest to a barber pole we've seen in over 20 years, but they still missed the mark for a 'perfect' jersey. 

Do they have a reason to make the "perfect" jersey?

they got us to buy the '15 and '17 WC jerseys which should have been combined to make one great throwback. One member on here got it right!

12 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Do they have a reason to make the "perfect" jersey?

they got us to buy the '15 and '17 WC jerseys which should have been combined to make one great throwback. One member on here got it right!

That's why I hacked up both jerseys to create the jersey the Hawks should have made to begin with.

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

That's why I hacked up both jerseys to create the jersey the Hawks should have made to begin with.

I think about that every time I see my WC. I wouldn't have the guts to do it. 

2 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I think about that every time I see my WC. I wouldn't have the guts to do it. 

Eh. Bought both jerseys for under normal retail prices and was able to sell the other jersey for what I paid so at the end of the day it basically cost me the same as a regular 2.0.

I actually have another pair of 15/17 WC jerseys sitting in the wrapper that I bought a year/year and a half ago. Was going to make a second jersey, just haven't gotten around to it yet

24 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Eh. Bought both jerseys for under normal retail prices and was able to sell the other jersey for what I paid so at the end of the day it basically cost me the same as a regular 2.0.

I actually have another pair of 15/17 WC jerseys sitting in the wrapper that I bought a year/year and a half ago. Was going to make a second jersey, just haven't gotten around to it yet

Wait, you Frankensteined the other parts together and were able to sell if for what you paid?

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait, you Frankensteined the other parts together and were able to sell if for what you paid?

Yep

42 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Yep

Nice work. That doesn't usually happen to me, even when I am just selling the same blank jersey without altering it. 

Edited by mfitz804

Oilers released their retro jerseys today. Same blue ones they wore recently just on the Adidas template.  They will wear it four times this year against former Smythe Division opponents.

They also released their 40th anniversary logo to be worn on all of their jerseys.  I must admit it looks pretty sweet.

Edited by Devilsguy
Typo

33 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

The crest also seems to be printed on?

It’s a Fanatics replica, so you could expect that the on-ice one will look a lot better than that one.

Did I do it again?  ?