Meigray Expo 2018

Devilsguy

32 minutes ago, cjerina said:

False. Devilsguy said he was disgusted by it... Homer was not disgusted by the McRibwich Frog. ;)

That’s fair. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Image result for homer ribwich gif

Not the same episode, but it reminds me of King Sized homer. 

“I’m purposely gaining 61 pounds to get on disability!”

king_size_homer_1_by_michaeltanzer1991-d

That's funny because I actually said, "I wash myself with a rag on a stick. Huh-huh-huh." to a co-worker today. She didn't get it. But then, she was born in like 1992.

3 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That's funny because I actually said, "I wash myself with a rag on a stick. Huh-huh-huh." to a co-worker today. She didn't get it. But then, she was born in like 1992.

Now they will bring you up on harassment charges. 

12 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Not surprising.  Unless it's a quote from a youtuber, it's lost on that generation.

22 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Now they will bring you up on harassment charges. 

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Yes but she has other redeeming qualities so I'll let it go.

#DiggingDeeper

The Meigray expo is a game worn jersey show that Meigray puts on every summer in mid-July in the large conference room at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ.  It is one of the larger game worn hockey jersey shows and it consists of Meigray and their displays, dealers selling game worn items, and collectors having tables and showing off their game worn jerseys.  It is a nice event where collectors can gather and catch up, show off their jerseys, network and just have fun.  There is usually a guest speaker who signs autograph after they speak as well as a live grab-bag that Meigray puts on.  It's a fun event and you can check out the pictures of collector tables that have been there in the past on the first page of this thread.

In other words, it is a big sausage fest.

More info can also be found here:

http://www.meigray.com/2018_MeiGray_Expo_Registration-ITEM56925.aspx

57 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

So if one were considering going to pick up chicks, really your only choices would be the two Riveters players who are appearing?

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So if one were considering going to pick up chicks, really your only choices would be the two Riveters players who are appearing?

Just about.  Male to female ratio there is pretty high.

I remember Russo being pretty cute.

25 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Just about.  Male to female ratio there is pretty high.

I remember Russo being pretty cute.

I googled them both. To me, they both look closer to being my 11 year old daughter's friends.

I'm old. 

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

The Meigray expo is a game worn jersey show that Meigray puts on every summer in mid-July in the large conference room at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ.  It is one of the larger game worn hockey jersey shows and it consists of Meigray and their displays, dealers selling game worn items, and collectors having tables and showing off their game worn jerseys.  It is a nice event where collectors can gather and catch up, show off their jerseys, network and just have fun.  There is usually a guest speaker who signs autograph after they speak as well as a live grab-bag that Meigray puts on.  It's a fun event and you can check out the pictures of collector tables that have been there in the past on the first page of this thread.

More info can also be found here:

http://www.meigray.com/2018_MeiGray_Expo_Registration-ITEM56925.aspx

I see, thanks.... some questions, why is it  always the same place, would't it be smarter  to use a differnt city every year? get more and new people involved 

And this Meigray group..... they are the ones selling lots of blank game issued jerseys on ebay. where do they get them from and  why don't they have a ton of the new addias made in canada jeseys then? 

Edited by tomtucker

19 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

I see, thanks.... some questions, why is it  always the same place, would't it be smarter  to use a differnt city every year? get more and new people involved 

And this Meigray group..... they are the ones selling lots of blank game issued jerseys on ebay. where do they get them from and  why don't they have a ton of the new addias made in canada jeseys then? 

Not for them...people go from the Expo to their warehouse for first choice and the start of the Summer Sale. Having it in other cities, away from their warehouse, would likely mean less people going there, and less sales. 

They are the same group selling on eBay. They have a certain amount of stock they keep for the teams they sell game worns for, because they have to sew in their authentication label (I don't know who actually sews it, maybe they just pair them up and the customizer does, I don't know for sure). 

Once the jerseys are no longer in use, they sell the blanks. They do NOT sell the current jerseys, because they hold those for team use. 

If the Adidas jerseys changed, even so much as a different logo, they might start selling them (though depending on the logo change, they've been known to just patch over the logo and keep using them as well). 

None of those blank Reebok jerseys you see now were available until the league was no longer wearing Reebok, outside of a few 1.0's they had from time to time.

Edited by mfitz804

Pretty much that mfitz says with some additional info:

Meigray is currently the official game worn dealer for 8 NHL teams (Boston, NJ, Philadelphia, Nashville, Washington, Vegas, Edmonton and Columbus).  At various points in their history they have had more with teams leaving and some even coming back.  Meigray's offices and warehouse is located in Branchburg, NJ and the event is about a 3-5 minute drive from their warehouse.  It is largely done for ease and because immediately after the expo is their warehouse sale, which is the kickoff to their summer sale.  It is the same terms as the summer sale but people are allowed to go in there and buy stuff before the sale goes live on their website.

As mfitz also says, the blanks they give out are the Reebok 2.0's that are former team stock.  They cannot give out the Adidas ones as those are technically owned by the teams.  Meigray warehouses those until they are needed and then Meigray ships it to the customer who then in turn ships it to the team after they have been lettered.  When the conversion happened last summer, a lot of the leftover Reebok stock was probably either sold or given to Meigray by the teams and they have been selling them on their website.

The expo is not exactly huge.  I said it last year or the year before on here that some people think this is a huge convention space with tons of people.  Instead it is a large conference room that is the size of really a small ballroom where a few hundred people attend throughout the 7-hour show time.  It is still a fun event and you cannot beat a free authentic Edge 2.0 plus some autographs plus the possibility of winning door prizes for $40 a pop.

23 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

small ballroom 

What do the MeiGray Expo and tight pants have in common??

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It is still a fun event and you cannot beat a free authentic Edge 2.0 plus some autographs plus the possibility of winning door prizes for $40 a pop.

It seems worth it even to pop in for an hour or two. The free jersey is likely worth at least the $40 admission fee on eBay if its a team you don't like/size you don't wear. 

Couple new updates from Meigray in regards to the expo:

1) Featured guest is going to be Mike Rupp.

2) Grab bag is going to be the same as last year via draft.  Details below:

Welcome to MeiGray’s 2018 Expo Live Grab Bag Draft

It’s been the highlight of the past two Expos, so let’s do it for a third straight year. Welcome to MeiGray’s Third Annual Expo Live Grab Bag Draft.

This year, if you’re very lucky, you’ll draft for one of the two Grand Prizes. Or trade for one of the 10 Winning Prizes.

That’s right … a Grab Bag Draft. With 50 jerseys, that means 50 Draft Picks, Two Grand Prizes, 10 Big Winners, and 5-to-1 odds you’ll land a Winner for your $295 fee.

Two Grand Prizes: Nico Hischier New Jersey Devils, the first player selected in the 2017 NHL Draft who enjoyed a solid rookie year for the Devils … and Claude Giroux, the superstar captain of the Philadelphia Flyers who finished with more than 100 points in 2017-18, for the first time in his NHL career.

Filling out the 10 Big Winners: Torey Krug, Boston Bruins; Sergei Bobrovsky, Columbus Blue Jackets; Brandon Dubinsky, Columbus Blue Jackets; Kari Lehtonen, Dallas Stars; Jason Spezza, Dallas Stars; Justin Schultz, Edmonton Oilers;John Carlson, Washington Capitals; and Brooks Orpik, Washington Capitals.

For the third time in MeiGray Grab Bag history, you’ll get to see the jerseys … before you pick one.

Here’s how it will work:

1. If you are registered and paid for Expo admission, you are eligible to purchase one of the 50 Grab Bags for $295.
  2. If you are not attending the Expo, you may purchase a Grab Bag for $295 plus shipping.
  3. When you check into the Expo on Saturday, July 14, you will pick your Grab Bag Draft entry selection number from a box of 50 blank envelopes. Each envelope will contain a number from 1 to 50.
  4. If you are not an attendee, you will be awarded a random Draft Number after attendees pick their random Draft Numbers.
  5. The Grab Bag Participant whose envelope contains Number 1 will have the first pick of the Grab Bag Draft, which will begin at approximately 1 pm, after our Featured and Special Guests finish speaking to the Expo guests.
  6. The Grab Bag Participant whose envelope contains Number 2 will have the second pick ... and so on, until all 50 jerseys are taken.
  7. Non-Attendees must submit a list to sales@meigray.com with their requested jerseys, numbered 1-50. An MGG rep will make the selection based on that list. The highest-ranked jersey available becomes your selection.
  8. Draft Pick No. 50 will be the lucky loser, as MeiGray will offer that collector the chance to trade it for another similarly priced jersey from MeiGray’s NHL stock.
  9. Before the draft, Grab Bag participants will be encouraged to take a look at the 50 Grab Bag jerseys, which will be on display at the Expo and are listed below.
  10. Before the draft, Grab Bag participants are free to make trades with other participants. Trade up. Trade down. Put a deal together to make sure you have the chance to grab the jersey you want.

Here’s the complete list:

• 2013-14 Boston Bruins - Caron, Jordan - Black Set 1
  • 2015-16 Boston Bruins - Krug, Torey - Black Set 1
  • 2015-16 Boston Bruins - Liles, John-Michael - White Set 2
  • 2014-15 Boston Bruins - Miller, Kevan - Black Set 2
  • 2013-14 Boston Bruins - Soderberg, Carl - White Set 3 / Playoffs
  • 2015-16 Boston Bruins - Talbot, Maxime - White Set 1
  • 2015-16 Boston Bruins - Trotman, Zach - Black Set 1
  • 2012-13 Colorado Avalanche - Johnson, Erik - White Set 1
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Bobrovsky, Sergei - Blue Set 2 & Set 3
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Bourque, Rene - White Set 2
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Connauton, Kevin - Blue Set 2
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Dubinsky, Brandon - Blue Set 1 w/A
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Goloubef, Cody - Blue Set 2
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - McElhinney, Curtis - Blue Set 1
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Savard, David - White Set 2
  • 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets - Tyutin, Fedor - White Set 1
  • 2015-16 Dallas Stars - Eakin, Cody - White - Worn November 17 & 19, 2015
  • 2016-17 Dallas Stars - Korpikoski, Lauri - White - Worn November 23, 2016
  • 2015-16 Dallas Stars - Lehtonen, Kari - White - Worn November 17 & 19, 2015
  • 2016-17 Dallas Stars - Spezza, Jason - White Set 1 w/A
  • 2014-15 Edmonton Oilers - Hendricks, Matt - White Set 2
  • 2015-16 Edmonton Oilers - Pakarinen, Iiro - Blue Set 1
  • 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers - Petry, Jeff - White Retro Set 1
  • 2015-16 Edmonton Oilers - Pouliot, Benoit - White Set 1
  • 2015-16 Edmonton Oilers - Schultz, Justin - Blue Set 1
  • 2015-16 Edmonton Oilers - Sekera, Andrej - Blue Set 1
  • 2009-10 Nashville Predators - Ellis, Dan - White Set 1
  • 2014-15 New Jersey Devils - Gelinas, Eric - Red Set 3
  • 2013-14 New Jersey Devils - Harrold, Peter - White Set 3
  • 2017-18 New Jersey Devils - Hischier, Nico - White Set 2B
  • 2014-15 New Jersey Devils - Josefson, Jacob - Red Set 2
  • 2015-16 New Jersey Devils - Kalinin, Sergey - White Set 3
  • 2016-17 New Jersey Devils - Lovejoy, Ben - White Set 1
  • 2013-14 New Jersey Devils - Ryder, Michael - Red Set 3
  • 2015-16 New Jersey Devils - Severson, Damon - White Set 1
  • 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers - Del Zotto, Michael - White Set 1
  • 2014-15 Philadelphia Flyers - Emery, Ray - White Set 1
  • 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers - Giroux, Claude - Orange Set 2 w/C
  • 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers - Laughton, Scott - White Set 1
  • 2014-15 Philadelphia Flyers - MacDonald, Andrew - Orange Set 2
  • 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers - Manning, Brandon - White Set 2
  • 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers - Neuvirth, Michal - Orange Set 1
  • 2014-15 Philadelphia Flyers - Read, Matt - White Set 3
  • 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers - VandeVelde, Chris - Orange Set 1
  • 2013-14 Washington Capitals - Brouwer, Troy - Red - Worn December 3, 2013
  • 2013-14 Washington Capitals - Carlson, John - Red Set 3
  • 2012-13 Washington Capitals - Johansson, Marcus - Red - Worn April 11, 2013
  • 2013-14 Washington Capitals - Laich, Brooks - White Set 1
  • 2011-12 Washington Capitals - Neuvirth, Michal - Red - Worn December 3, 2013
  • 2016-17 Washington Capitals - Orpik, Brooks - White Set 1 w/A

That grab bag souns like fun, but I'm not gung-ho about the names. Let's see what the flash sale (if any) and/or the summer sale brings.